Do you make music?

Posting on public forums is a delicate business, and I'm not very good at it. I am frequently misunderstood, and the hard edge of my writing style provokes misunderstandings.
However, you have showed such deep, sensitive understanding of very volatile, complicated questions, and explained it all in such a wonderful way, thank you ever so much.

"you must spread some reputation around before...." :)

I would like to turn your notion of getting paid to enjoy yourself being somehow wrong on its head. Very few people have the balls to follow their passion 100% and try to make a living from it. It is a very hard, precarious thing to do, and I lose many nights' sleep over the realities of rent / bills etc. But I manage it, because I keep working hard, and I keep the faith.

Likewise, the notion of somebody who works in an artistic profession permanently enjoying what they do. This is also very far from the truth. Today for example, I have been sent 19 songs I have never heard that I am required to transcribe and play tomorrow as an accompanist without messing up. This is incredibly boring, lonely, lengthy, and tedious, and I have absolutely 0% room for mistakes. However, despite tedious days like this, it's all about holding on to an ideal and a dream, because most don't dare to do it.
Why do I do it? Because, working on boring things like this, and radio jingles/advertisments, commercial pop productions, terrible songs for TV shows, allows me to keep dreaming, and keep composing and playing for the pleasure. I have recorded 5 albums in the past 5 years of my own songs, none of which are commercial projects.

Non professional musicians always say a similar sort of thing, exactly what you said in your first post to me. No disrespect meant, but playing as an amateur does not give you any understanding of the reality of turning pro, and the two should not be compared.

One last thing about radio royalties. In truth, deals are struck between music publishers, who require 50% of the artists' royalties, and radio stations, so that every time certain songs are played on the radio part of the royalties go to the radio station itself. This can be a lot of money. People do not generally know this, hence the notions of "exposure = success", not deserving money for it etc.

I'm saying, I don't disagree with your way of looking at things. I beleive people that wish to try to make a living out of something should try their hardest. I just know that when it comes to my enjoyment of things, I can't 'work' at something that I enjoy doing... I'll give another example... GOLF.... I love playing golf, ask me to do a tournament, I'll shoot a 120....give me a 12 pack and 3 buddies on a Saturday morning, and I'm shootin a 70-75...

~Red

I'm saying, I don't disagree with your way of looking at things. I beleive people that wish to try to make a living out of something should try their hardest. I just know that when it comes to my enjoyment of things, I can't 'work' at something that I enjoy doing... I'll give another example... GOLF.... I love playing golf, ask me to do a tournament, I'll shoot a 120....give me a 12 pack and 3 buddies on a Saturday morning, and I'm shootin a 70-75...

~Red

:D
never played golf, but love the parties.
true that working all the time on something you love kind of takes some of the love away. (sometimes)

:D
never played golf, but love the parties.
true that working all the time on something you love kind of takes some of the love away. (sometimes)

Yes! You said the words I couldn't find! :D ... I almost made analogy to marriage... whooo... good thing I stopped myself...

The Onciest
Hey man, your music is totally sweet. You need to send me "Au dela des mers" it is totally sweet. xD

Are the other songs in the playlist yours?

Like...

"Fool, Running Against the Sun, etc...?"

Hi,
Yep.. all songs are mines.. and I have many more :)
PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you "Au dela des mers" in mp3 format ;)

But, thanks to both of you, I'd love to have both of your music in the show, but please realize, I hafta put a disclaimer up saying we can't pay any sorta fees for the music. So, if you'd still like to donate some music, donations are ALWAYS appreciated :)

OK, consider the Resplendents tracks donated :)

I reserve the right to withdraw this donation etc etc :laugh:

I am a producer/composer/performer, and am very interested in contributing pieces.
My material is generally classified as HipHop/RnB although I am very flexible and comfortable working outside these confines.
I also have experience in jingles.
I utilise Acid Pro, Reason and Logic.
A small portion of my work is available here (including a track I did for a TV series in my country called "Outrageous Fortune");
http://www.myspace.com/roampro

PM me for more information, or if you're a performer/producer/composer/songwriter who'd like to collaborate. I am very easy to work with and have vast experience working with people through the internet as well as in person.

And here´s MEEE:

Twilight Zound Productions

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=135391

Click "Music" tab on the left and have a download spree on the
"FREE" Mp3´s...

ALL mine, exept those you can´t download..
Those are colaborations and other stuff...

EDIT: I think you need to check each song
as i tend to vary ALOT in genres...

Back