Do you think rocket launchers should beable to use laser sights?

Support Weapons should get lasers and scopes

• Yes!

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • Meh i dont use support weapons. So i dont care

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • NO IT WOULD BE THE END OF THE WORLD!

Votes: 34 35.4%

• Total voters

HopeIsDiEing

Provider
Society
Mine To Extract
Hope HIDE IsDiEing
How come all other guns can use lasers and scopes adn support weps get left out? Even now that that lasers/scopes have a skill gain mod!!!
I think support should get a renovation on lasers and scopes!

Maby if we get enought ppl that want it to MA/FPC can make it happen!

Last edited:
hi honey
i want rocket launcher on the car

arent laser/scopes stull useless whenyou hit the 10/10 max htrate ? Only creates more decay. Oh like MA support said to me when i asked why the Chikara APPPG-1 cant bare lasers/scopes ... they did this "It was designed that way "nothing more nothing less. Yeah well that it has been forwarded bla bla bla ..hell freezes over faster then me getting lasrs and scopes on a gun.

Anyway .... why need it ?Rockets arnt really hunting weapons anyway

:scratch2: laser/scope = careful aiming on the spot. rocket = splash damage. i don't think both fit. also such kind of weap causes quite some recoil, so it wouldn't really be realistic to attach lasers :confused:

i guess alot of ppl dont hunt with rockets. i know i do all the time i like rockets more than normal style guns.:yay:

what's next, UBER L amps? :laugh:

would be stupid, think to gravity!

I'd say no. If you combine cobra etc with increased accuracy at range it would unbalance and nerf other weapon professions. I think they are balanced fine as they are. They have the highest damage of any weapon but with the penalty of inaccuracy. To combine nearly 400 damage with pinpoint accuracy for pk would be unwise. Thebest pk armor has 25-30 shrapnal, so the weapons have to be difficult to aim so that full damage is not easily achieved.

Last edited:
:scratch2: laser/scope = careful aiming on the spot. rocket = splash damage. i don't think both fit. also such kind of weap causes quite some recoil, so it wouldn't really be realistic to attach lasers :confused:

Probably because they are area effect weapons.
Both of the above is why I dont see why we should be able to

or I could say, since scopes/lasers have skillgain I want to attach a laser to my power fist, would that be "realistic" :laugh:

Scopes would be useless on rocket launchers unless you could adjust them for the trajectory and that would kind of ruin the fun of aiming them.

...laser/scope = careful aiming on the spot. rocket = splash damage...also such kind of weap causes quite some recoil...

You're right about the splash damage or area effect, but...

Most rocket launchers are recoiless since they are essentially an open tube that doen't capture or impede any of the rocket exhaust.

In training, US military forces are practically beaten over the head when firing the LAW rocket if before firing, they don't look behind them for buddies standing in the backblast area and shout "BACKBLAST AREA CLEAR!!" Giving your buddies some burn damage is a sure way to piss 'em off.

The only sites I'd *ever* want on one of these would be a tilting range indicator like the M203 and M79 grenade launchers have... and that would only be if we had a vehicle mounted grenade launcher, which by the way, I would lust after. Buwaahaaahaaaaa!

Laser Guided rockets exist in real life :rolleyes:

Mostly for anti-armor purposes, yes. Those weapons do not have a area damage efftect like current rocket and grenade launchers on Calypso.

I'd certainly love to see more diversity in mounted weapons though. An autoload grenade launcher similar to the Mk 19, would be my dream. A Calliope style MRL would be pretty neat too, with massive area effect, but one shot or horribly long reload time.

A guided anti-vehicle weapon would be cool, and would be an honest to Lootsifer skill based challenge to use because the target designator laser has to keep painting the target for the rocket to track.

hey! Yeh I vote for yes... I use rockets samtimes as tager gun and sametimes I miss :eek: be cool to have a scope becouse it can hit long range ;)

Whoever answers no on this poll has never played Borderlands and is clearly missing out on one of the most fun and funnyest games out there! :wise:

The RL Soviet sniper Vasily Zaytsev (the movie Enemy At The Gates is about him) came up with the idea to put scopes on mortars...

However, they figured out rather quickly that it wasn't accurate enough to need a scope ;)

Rocket Lauchers with scopes does exist irl though :D

Some other games have scopes that allows you to 'lock on' to a vehicle or person though, might get something like that added in the future? :yay: would be cool

Some other games have scopes that allows you to 'lock on' to a vehicle or person though, might get something like that added in the future? :yay: would be cool

The fun of rocket launchers in game is splash damage but also that you have to work out the range and trajectory and really aim them to get best effect.

It would totally ruin them for me if you put click to hit on them.

Voted no.

I want ASR (Avatar Seeking Rockets) that bend around trees and go up and down hills to crispify the target. No excuses....Get it Done! :silly2:

I want ASR (Avatar Seeking Rockets) that bend around trees and go up and down hills to crispify the target. No excuses....Get it Done! :silly2:

Lazy bastard :p

The fun of rocket launchers in game is splash damage but also that you have to work out the range and trajectory and really aim them to get best effect.

It would totally ruin them for me if you put click to hit on them.

Voted no.

Well if it would cost a bit in decay, you would have to keep sights on target for X seconds to get a lock, and there would be a risk of error... :dunno:

I meant like lasers and scopes now give somesort of skill gain bonus like the events for the skill bonus but support weps miss out on that bonus because of not being able to use the attachments.

I meant like lasers and scopes now give somesort of skill gain bonus like the events for the skill bonus but support weps miss out on that bonus because of not being able to use the attachments.
And so does all melee weapons, want to put scope/lasers on those too?

I highly doubt it's so useful that you "need" it tho, I keep mine on just as I did before when we didn't know what they did

Back