Do you want some faster space transport?

Do you want faster space transport?

• Create Warp/Jump gates please

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Re-activate interplanetary teleports

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Fix the 70 Privateers floating about Calypso Space Station

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Make warp drives a TT item so we can get more spacecraft offering transport services

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
The question in the Poll is simply that unless you are able to catch a mothership or privateer getting across space is really slow and tedious.
Thus, I suggest two options which shouldn't affect the mothership/privateer businesses

1. Warp/jump gates located in specific spots about space such that you just need a quick trip in a QUAD to reach them and warp to your destination.
a.They remain in PvP areas (with just a small non-PvP area you arrive in).
b.They cost 40Ped to use, allowing traders or players who need to get to another planet quickly an alternative to the motherships/privateers. But not undercutting the mothership/privateer owners.

2. Re-activate interplanetary teleports, again priced above the mothership/privateer prices.

3. MA do something about all the privateers. I suggest make them all in-built warp capable with decent SI so we can get them back in service. Currently they are just expensive space junk.

Other ideas welcome. Lets give MA and the developers some constructive (clean) feedback on getting space and interplanetary travel moving, which will also stimulate more trade and PP economies.

Cheers
Bjorn

I like your suggestions. I picked number one because for some reasons. It would be easier and a more direct route to the place and less of a chance to avoid pvpers. Warp Driver would be cool to add to more space crafts and such :D

why do you make these bias threadS?

there is never a DO NOTHING

my vote DO NOTHING

I had originally thought that space would be implemented with jump gates which would be restricted to larger ships. anyways, that didn't happen.

as for the privateers, the original hangar ships had a trade terminal value of 2K ped. further, they had a fuel storage capacity of 500 ped of oil. this (up to) 2.5K ped of real monetary value was vapourized when the privateers were introduced with 0 ped value and an empty fuel tank. so, in essence, hangar owners paid this value for their new non-operational ships. to be fair, they did receive an unlimited thruster with a value of 50 ped - which was of no use to their privateer.

many owners were very upset with this and left their ships as derelicts. so, providing some way of having these ships back in service would certainly help out.

The system imho works well, there's only one thing that MA should improve, the Warp Drive availability, with more BP ingredients available in loot, and with the possibility to sell and buy them in auction for example.

Spacecrafts are just parked in space cause of the cost/availability of the warp drives I suppose.

I voted for Warp Drives as TT stuff, but maybe it's not needed... Just let them drop enough often to fix the price not so much over TT and not at 2.5k peds for 49 jumps, counting that jumps can be interrupted by mines too.

why do you make these bias threadS?

there is never a DO NOTHING

my vote DO NOTHING

Take your own advice then and .......DO NOTHING.....don't vote....simple isn't it?

-Bemo-

Take your own advice then and .......DO NOTHING.....don't vote....simple isn't it?

-Bemo-

Not really no... poll will still be biased... Unless you then start counting number of respondents compared to total amount of forum users. Ehh and then it gets tricky

(But no, I did not vote)

Wait..... I Run a mothership and one of the best things MA to do for the value of a MOthership and hangar owners was increase the span of space.
A. makes more sense.

And B. there is alot of Value on those Motherships and hangar ships ...... and they are OF use for Warp drives... big time in a BIG WAy

I offer 5 people 20ped each = 100ped for the Warp drive..... that's pretty reasonable since it takes 9 Seconds for it to get to its location.

So Group up and get on some Mothership action.
go group hunt some Ark mobs.... or RT mobs or NI...... make a mining Crew and say hey let's all do this up!!!
easy
solution hire a mothership :)

The question in the Poll is simply that unless you are able to catch a mothership or privateer getting across space is really slow and tedious.
Thus, I suggest two options which shouldn't affect the mothership/privateer businesses
3. MA do something about all the privateers. I suggest make them all in-built warp capable with decent SI so we can get them back in service. Currently they are just expensive space junk.

Voted 3 - Sort the SI MA and give us a reason to use our Privateers!!

Re-activate interplanetary teleports :yay:

Wait..... I Run a mothership and one of the best things MA to do for the value of a MOthership and hangar owners was increase the span of space.
A. makes more sense.

And B. there is alot of Value on those Motherships and hangar ships ...... and they are OF use for Warp drives... big time in a BIG WAy

I offer 5 people 20ped each = 100ped for the Warp drive..... that's pretty reasonable since it takes 9 Seconds for it to get to its location.

So Group up and get on some Mothership action.
go group hunt some Ark mobs.... or RT mobs or NI...... make a mining Crew and say hey let's all do this up!!!
easy
solution hire a mothership :)

I second that.

Well, I'm fine with driving my vtol and getting blasted here and there. It does take a long time, but I don't travel to other planets much either. I couldn't care less about transporting resources. If for some reason, I was in a hurry, I suppose I'd try to find a ride in a MS. I think they could add mothership rides to the event list. Like an event, you would TP to location(the MS) when the event began, instead of having to make the effort to get on the guest list to be summoned.

Should be a multivote poll, chose the first 3, but only 3 because only one could be choosen.

The ideas are great, especially the teleporter, as it would offer traders a real safe passage for their stackables, even if it would cost 3-5 times the fee onboard MS it would still be safer.
Definately nice option for interplanetary traders.

The privateers need an overwork too, hangarowners paid a lot of money for their hangars, and now its relatively useless, as you already stated. Expencive spacejunk.
Unbelievable that Quadpilopts can offer the same service than Hangar owners at less than 1% of their investment.

I would feel really scammed by MA if I would own a Hangar + Privateer and would have paid 100k+ for it :D

The stargates fine for pirates, camping there and get a nice fight or use SG again to retur where you come from :D
reminds me at EVE gate camps, always fun :D

Should be a multivote poll, chose the first 3, but only 3 because only one could be choosen.

The ideas are great, especially the teleporter, as it would offer traders a real safe passage for their stackables, even if it would cost 3-5 times the fee onboard MS it would still be safer.
Definately nice option for interplanetary traders.

The privateers need an overwork too, hangarowners paid a lot of money for their hangars, and now its relatively useless, as you already stated. Expencive spacejunk.
Unbelievable that Quadpilopts can offer the same service than Hangar owners at less than 1% of their investment.

I would feel really scammed by MA if I would own a Hangar + Privateer and would have paid 100k+ for it :D

The stargates fine for pirates, camping there and get a nice fight or use SG again to retur where you come from :D

Its funny to see every few weeks the same arguments again, but does anyone realy think Mindark should adjust ingame items based of what players payed in player to player transactions ? In that case if i sold a bottle of sweat for 1 million ped i should expect mindark to grow it into a whole biodome that is spaceready with build in warp drive capability....
The only meassure for mindark when adjusting ingame items should be how they themself valued those items from the very beginning on and in case of hangars that has been way less then what any mothership sold for.
I can understand that it is frustrating to have a spaceship for awhile, which then requires new money to be put in to be really usable again but on the other hand its not like mindark didnt put alot of money out to hangar owners without them having to do anything for it - at least enough money to fund all the needed upgrades.
Hangar owners got their planetary shuttle upgraded to an interplanetary spacecraft that can carry a multiple of its former passengers, i think that is alot which was given for free but yeah noone likes being moved from a number 1 rank in the food chain to a middle rank, where one has to put in new efforts to become number 1 again...
Keep in mind privateer or mothership all were on equal ground in the new space, it is the upgrades and the crew who make the difference.
If all those people who complain that they cant travel fast between planets when they need it would put up that time and band together in timezone groups and put a request out to privateeer / mothership owners requesting an offer for their group for a regular flightlane im sure you would get a great offer and the flights you needed.
Suggesting a build in warp drive for privateers without adjusting the motherships as well would change a valueation of spacecrafts considerably - cause as its currently a mothership owner pays alot of money to keep this warp ability up with the current avaiability of fuses and propulsion systems.
A simple solution would be to increase the droprates and much more ships will become warpready, but as we all know mindark likes to do those droprate adjustments slowly and over many month - they will get more common but it will still take awhile - im absolutely fine with the way it currently is.

I think space is fine as it is for now.

The only thing I would suggest is if Mothership owners had a representative at a designated location on each planet that they service in order to take bookings. Of course, that's assuming that they don't do this already.

Privateers should be able to land on the planet in the hangars, and pickup passengers from there. Privateers have warp so that will settle all problems, but one.. Mothership owners will be pissed off, because privateers now have the advantage. But there's always one group of spaceship owners to piss off I guess.

Maybe some improvments to space will come once all the landdeeds have been sold.

Last edited:
The 2 things that im most irretated over with hangars and privateers is the tt value and fuel they stole from us and that the hangar buildings is totaly useless, why even keep the buildings ingame if we wont have any use for them?

All they need to do is make warp drives more common and there will be no problem finding flights to difrent locations :)

There's no option for "No, I don't want to see faster space transport."

Why?

I chose the third option...

HOWEVER...

By "fix" for the privateers, I mean, fix the darn SI management! It's a pain in the arse, every time I add ores, to send in a support case, since the SI will not repair to the new value.

Other options... hey, why not make those warp drive parts drop just a tiny bit more frequently, and from more mobs... not a huge increase in the drop rate, but enough to see the drives become a bit more readily available. As it is, I have a drive, and really don't want to use it often, as it costs about 45-55 ped per use, depending on MV. Now, I don't mind the cost really... but as I really haven't seen many warp drives on auction, it's more about not having a spare part, yanno?

The fact that you have to leave the safe area to active the warp drive seemed like a pain to me, at first... but then I got one or two m8s to follow my privateer into the lootable zone, until there were no other ships in view, and problem solved.

It will take some time, but enough people are slowly upgrading their ships, figuring out the best way to do things, etc. Soon enough, space will be bustling with activity.

And for those who think the hangars and privateers are worthless... buying hangar and privateers deeds TT+1.5k @ boxes!

The only meassure for mindark when adjusting ingame items should be how they themself valued those items from the very beginning on and in case of hangars that has been way less then what any mothership sold for.
I can understand that it is frustrating to have a spaceship for awhile, which then requires new money to be put in to be really usable again but on the other hand its not like mindark didnt put alot of money out to hangar owners without them having to do anything for it - at least enough money to fund all the needed upgrades.
Hangar owners got their planetary shuttle upgraded to an interplanetary spacecraft that can carry a multiple of its former passengers, i think that is alot which was given for free but yeah noone likes being moved from a number 1 rank in the food chain to a middle rank, where one has to put in new efforts to become number 1 again...
Keep in mind privateer or mothership all were on equal ground in the new space, it is the upgrades and the crew who make the difference.

Well its not about the concurenz between motherships and privateers, its about the concurenz between hangar owners+privateer and quads.

When hangars where sold it was the only way to travel to the stations CP/CND (planets didn´t exist), therefor it was a good business and the investors calculated what they pay for hangar, dependant on what they expected to earn.

Today there is no need for hangar, nor the privateer ships to offer exactly that service. Privateers cant land and pick up people!
A quad for 400 PED is enough to offer that service, and thats what I think MA did extremely wrong when space was overworked.

The motherships are fine for interplanetary travels, well if it is possible with privateers aswell no fault, but as it is PvP the privateers have a bad stand. Can´t care less, but the original business that hangar owners based their investment on, is totally taken out of their hands, and made their investment 100% obsolete. Thats wrong imho!
The hangars and privateers theirfor need another overwork, not to make them competitable to motherships, just to make them better than quads. Let them land at planets, and dont let quads land outside hangars. Let hangar owners get a fee of a few PED if a quad wants to land there, and all is fine.

The spacetravel between planets may be good as it is actually, but ...
... if you are in a hurry why not following the original idea of building stargates (for a fee that has to be more expencive than motherships/privateer costs).
... if you are serious trader, that wants to do interplanetary trades on higher stakes, give them an option to travel without the risk to get looted (consider that some traders buy biggest HoFs of stackables, easyly exceeding 10-20k PED). Therefor the teleporters with a even higher fee than the stargates would be fine aswell. Personally I surely wont take the risk (even at strongest mothership) to get looted 20k PED. This fact eliminates interplanetary trade, on higher stakes.

I am not against actual spacetravel nor against lootable space. Nor do I really care if its fast or slow to travel.
But there should be at least one way to avoid PvP and still be able to travel, even if it would cost 100 or 200 PED fee one way, some traders surely would use it.

Just my thoughts about space

BTW, I am 100% Calypsian dont intend to travel to other planets nor do I intend to travel to the stations anytime in near future.
I am not a hangar owner, nor do I own any vehicle with the ability to fly into space.
Can´t care less, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Privateers should be able to land on the planet in the hangars, and pickup passengers from there. Privateers have warp so that will settle all problems, but one.. Mothership owners will be pissed off, because privateers now have the advantage. But there's always one group of spaceship owners to piss off I guess.

Maybe some improvments to space will come once all the landdeeds have been sold.

I agree with you, privateers should be able to land in their hangars. Give them a use for that unlimited thruster, but make it decay 10x when attached to privateer (still dirt cheap, ofc). But I disagree that they would be as secure as motherships. Even a fully upgraded and warp-capable privateer will not be as secure as a similarly upgraded mothership. Having a working hangar I think would make them attractive to travelers, if not to stackable traders. I'd see privateers being for passengers and motherships being for traders.

Problem with this idea: where would the privateers land when on other planets?

I've changed my view on all this tbh, i think for quads and vtol things are ok as they stand depite the extra time now. Sure it's longer but it just means more consideration before going somewhere, and encourages people to stay a day or more on planets on arrival.

I do think privateers need something though, maybe being able to enter planetary atmospheres would work with designated landing bases on each planet (athena maybe?). As for taking off from hangars that would be kind of a downgrade for them as they can summon to ship, but i guess being able to enter/exit planets would open up possibilities to rent out the unused privateers.

Add a MS/Privateer owner to your FL. There is one privateer owner that provides great service, can't remember full avatar name, Ann something or other, will update when I can log into the game and check.

Voted "Fix the 70 Privateers floating about Calypso Space Station"

Jumpgates would be way cool, but useful only to the pirates who camp them and I have always been an advocate of direct Teleporting between planets. But they would have to charge a higher fee in order to balance out with motherships and privateers. But applying more fixes to previous fixes, instead of just improving what already was there and was working, is just asinine.

A system for timely space travel DID exist once and could again if MA would simply FIX it.

The upgraded fleet of 70 privateers were re-introduced stripped of their parts and fuel stores, unable to operate without further expensive investment, given a SI value that is a percentage of a Quad-Wing and unable to land on planets.

Privateers are not flying because MA rendered them crippled. Fix the fleet of 70 privateers and you will have faster space travel.

Last edited:
A system for timely space travel DID exist once and could again if MA would simply FIX it.
I could give examples of when this certainly wasn't the case, naming names and giving examples. However, the names thing is against forum rules and besides its old history now. Just try getting a flight up to the old CND when there was a big event on. Virtually impossible.

At least now some MS owners have a flight schedule - a far better state of affairs for the traveller.

I can see why the old hangar owners are peeved at the new arrangement. Just not sure what the fairest solution is. But please don't try to make out the old way was timely because I found it to be a pain in the arse more often than not.

I agree wholeheartedly Dusk and certainly did not mean to suggest that the old way was by any means good. Standing around waiting for hours and hours was inevitable, unrealistic and utter crap. What I meant to say was that a functional system was in place and could have been improved upon greatly, rather than toss it out and start anew. The new system is superior, but is not functional. Let privateers do what they were introduced to do and faster space travel will be a reality.

I'll be honest and say I haven't bothered to read the thread..

When it comes to space, my stance is summed up here:

Until there is a non-PvP way to travel, I will NEVER leave Calypso.

It's not about risk... it's the principle for me. So don't frigging bother to tell me all I have to do is not carry stacks. I don't give a damn.

There seems to be a big misconception here that space travel is risky and slow and that the "good old days" of the teleporters were better. I disagree. Let's look at the options:

1) VTOLs are slow and risky
2) Quads are fast and somewhat risky
3) Upgraded/well-crewed motherships are fast and safe
4) Upgraded privateers - Not sure (are there any yet?)

All of these options are cheaper than the old teleports by a significant amount. Good mothership flights are both fast and safe, and cheaper than the old teleports. But they are not instantaneous. Where this system differs from the teleports is that successful space travel depends on other players, namely, the skill and character of the pilots (and crew).

The old teleports were instantaneous. But they were much more expensive for traders and travelers alike. MA will not bring back the teleporters. Why? Because they charged 80 ped for a round trip to another planet, and I believe the only reason they'd charge so much is to get people used to paying for space travel (which we all are, now).

Privateer owners need to stop waiting for more handouts and either start upgrading their ships (just like the mothership owners have to)... or sell them for *reasonable* prices so we can get more ships in space. Why are they letting them sit unused? Because they got them for free. A few privateer owners are now moving forward, and I say good job, let's see what these ships can do when they're upgraded.

But it all boils down to warp drive components... they simply need to drop more. I'm not sure why you'd want it to be a TT item though.

There seems to be a big misconception here that space travel is risky and slow and that the "good old days" of the teleporters were better.

The big misconception I see is the idea that people WANT PvP everywhere.

Okay, some do... mainly those with big wallets, those who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves, and those who profit from players who don't have big wallets, but succumb to the draw of space travel.

I voted for Teleports to come back because I don't like having to find someone to fly me and wait till I get there. If I decide to hunt teledons one minute I just want to TP there and then once I'm finished I can TP to calypso and hunt proterons. It's just really simple, and I would gladly pay more for this over paying someone to fly my slowly through space and have to wait to get to my destination to hunt.

~Danimal

Back