Question: DOA should be handgun or rifle?

MD Dizzle

Mature
Society
Blackangels evoultion
Crystal Dizzle MD
Hi

I had a question on who thinks a DOA should be a handgun. IF it was a rifle it would have more range. The doa has less range than most handguns. handgun short distance weapon rifle long distance. I think MA should change this either by increasing the range of the DOA or by changeing the skill used to handgun. :D bump if u agree :D

*Personal opinon*

Last edited:
Bump bump bump

Personally, I think it should be mining finder.

And I think the range should be increased to 200m, its a rifle, common!

Lol would be good XD spray and prey. :) but 10 for a rifle **** XD

No. If it is uber-finder, then range must be 60 meters, but depth - 1200!

I'd rather that old school items not get changed. The stats are perfectly fine the way they are. If you are disatissfied with this then go purchas an ML-35 instead of trying to make EU conform to you. :)

~Danimal

I'd rather that old school items not get changed. The stats are perfectly fine the way they are. If you are disatissfied with this then go purchas an ML-35 instead of trying to make EU conform to you. :)

~Danimal

No thats not what im saying i am saying that it is a riffle skill for a short range should be handgun right? i dont mind it not being changed i just saying handgun (short range) rifle (long range)

Yea it is a weird rifle, but switching to handgun would be pain for me at least as i have a lot of rifle but only like 6k handgun. So no change is the vote here :)
No thats not what im saying i am saying that it is a riffle skill for a short range should be handgun right? i dont mind it not being changed i just saying handgun (short range) rifle (long range)

I see what you're saying, but it doesnt matter really; the stats are the way they are probably due to its high volume of damage it is able to deal. If you had a longer range on the DOA series everything would pretty much not be able to decay your armor. i.e. Terminator (long range lots of damage). The DOA is the way it is for the simplicity sake of argument, because it makes you decay more :)

It won't get changed.

~Danimal

Hi

I had a question on who thinks a DOA should be a handgun. IF it was a rifle it would have more range. The doa has less range than most handguns. handgun short distance weapon rifle long distance. I think MA should change this either by increasing the range of the DOA or by changeing the skill used to handgun. :D bump if u agree :D

*Personal opinon*

I think it's classed as "Carbine" (between rifles and handguns), and in it's turn Carbines uses/gives rifle skills.

I guess it's some design someone did a long, long time ago; for laser most "rifles" are carbines and for BLP most "rifles" are rifles. It's the occasional laser rifles and BLP carbines that are odd.

If I looted a foeripper I wouldn't care if it was rifle or handgun I'd use it anyway lol. Having said that, I have higher rifle skills than handgun skills.

No. Its a submachinegun, so a fast automatic carbine, so a rifle.

If DOA gets increased range just for being a rifle, MindForce should get unlimited range (as long as we can see the target) since the mind shouldn't be limited in that way :silly2:

The way I think about it is that every weapon type has a 'best' weapon:

Laser handgun: mod merc
Laser rifle: imp2k
BLP handgun: ?
BLP rifle: DOA

For there to be multiple types of DOA's and there are more of them, the tradeoff is that the range is shorter.

Just get a DOA and ML35 together and maximize your efforts on a single skill set. That's one of the major benefits to this series of weapons. :)

all the lasser caribines have decent range though ? :p

some short blades have higher range XD

Last edited:
I thought it was hg when I first got one years ago it was even in the hg cat on the ah if I remember correctly, I think it was just a mistake though like the desert and its med cell.

to change it now would only serve to piss people off, just let this dog sleep hes old and tired.

Sure make it 25/25 hits per min, but 100m range, there's your rifle. :wise:

The ASG wildboar(L) should be changed, for some reason it's a pistol when all other ASGs are rifles.

The ASG wildboar(L) should be changed, for some reason it's a pistol when all other ASGs are rifles.

yea dont think it should change i just thaught the extra range would be nice :p so it not handgunish.

As I see it, a pistol is held in one hand, a carbine/rifle in two. (Not that it matters in EU:rolleyes:)

So what about the NIB ?

NIP Pistol Laser dmg 8 range 55.0

should it be a rifle?

You need to remember that some of us have skilled rifle for 6 years and spent large sums of money on DOAs. This is the sort of thing that would be catastrophic if MA just decided to change it one day. I wonder how many people chiming in even own one..

"DOA should be handgun or rifle?"

As stated earlier, as well as what I recall, its referred to as a carbine. Google "Carbine" and you will know why its a rifle skill. It certainly seems to behave as a carbine to me. ooOOooOOO........!

If nothing else, the Wildboar(L) should be changed to behave the same as other SIB ranged weapons damage range wise when "not yet" (and I suppose also "yes") in SIB, it presently seems to behave like mindforce chips do, the range is 0-0.

I guess like the Diseased Longu, it escaped its cage a bit early.

Back