Does EU run on Intel NUC Mini PCs?

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Hi,
saw a good offer for an Intel NUC DCCP847DYE with bells n whistles and feel tempted. However, double checking with reviews, found this info which looks discouraging:
http://www.eteknix.com/intel-nuc-dccp847dye-system-review/8/

I'm not on top of the details to tell whether this means EU will run on it or not, let alone with decent performance. Does someone know or even have such a thing? I know it's yesteryear already, but that's what I'm looking for. Just should work a wee bit better than bare minimum.

TIA,
San

Celeron from 2011 with built in weak Intel HD GPU won't get you far. I don't observe small factor market but there should be some better solutions, a bit bigger cases but still.

intel nuc pc's are also shipped with core i5's
But the absense of decent graphics will still make it crawl.

intel nuc pc's are also shipped with core i5's
But the absense of decent graphics will still make it crawl.
The first page (Introduction) says it has a Celeron 847. Sorry, OP, but safe mode would probably be the best case.

Okay, that wouldn't be an improvement to my current business laptop then which also hardly makes min specs in graphics. Thanks guys.

If you can find something with an AMD APU, that might work.

I just built a monster pc that runs EU at ultra everything with full AA for 600 bucks :D

@Kaiser, I've acquired a habit of buying used stuff that was considered good 2-3 years ago and rather spend the difference in-world. Saves taxes also.
@Rumsponge, thanks for the hint, that sounds interesting. Looking at this, should be able to pick up the pieces for way less by now or find someone discarding theirs.

Cheers

I work in the audiologic sector and we need completely silent pcs, because of adjusting hearing aids.

We built 20 core I5 nucs and they are really fast.

You can get the diy kit to remove the fan below:

http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/nuc-chassis/

I am coming to the conclusion that EU will run on anything - probably even sinclair ZX-81 provided it has a decent sized graphics card attached to it

Back