Does the loot seem better the last few days ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Or am I just on a lucky streak ? I am first to gripe when the loot is bad I thought I should say something when it seems to be running good.

My loot has been absolutely horrible, specifically the last two days...

I've not been much in the mood for doing turnover, but lowish mobs have even been tt-plus now after having been on a downer a couple of weeks ago. It's typical for me, though; I shy away from mobs after taking a beating and then return too slowly when the upside comes. But yes, I chip in to comments about bad loot, so here a rarer more positive note :)

Waiting for the 100 year WAVE!!

what is this loot you speak of?

It's so nice to finally read something other than ppl bitching all the time.
The loot...well...it always go up and down especially during Mayhem and other huge events but i can not complain to much. Pretty good return is for me that i dont lose that much.

//Randy

Your returns depend on where you are on your loot-path and not on what (time of) day it is. I was on an upswing on the last couple of PEDs cycled and seem to have reached the end of that and I'm probably facing a downswing now (size of that is unknown obviously) before the next upswing comes along. So I'll be playing low for a while.

So you obviously get back something now, which usually gives you more freedom in what you can do. Just keep an eye on it as the next downswing is waiting for you after an unknown number of PEDs cycled.

Note how I didn't say anything about time here, just play the game.

Your returns depend on where you are on your loot-path and not on what (time of) day it is. I was on an upswing on the last couple of PEDs cycled and seem to have reached the end of that and I'm probably facing a downswing now (size of that is unknown obviously) before the next upswing comes along. So I'll be playing low for a while.

So you obviously get back something now, which usually gives you more freedom in what you can do. Just keep an eye on it as the next downswing is waiting for you after an unknown number of PEDs cycled.

Note how I didn't say anything about time here, just play the game.
I pretty much agree with all of that. I wonder if just time in the game helps. Not just hunting (I only hunt) but just being in the game and standing around. I am retired and this game is my hobby so if I have to run an errand I just stay logged in while I am gone. Consequently I may be online for 10 or more hours every day.

Or am I just on a lucky streak? I am first to gripe when the loot is bad I thought I should say something when it seems to be running good.
You are on the uptrend is all, but it doesn't last long before it dips again. So if you are hunting 1 mob, I'd suggest changing to a new mob before it dips too much.

My loot has been absolutely horrible, specifically in the last two days...
You are on a downtrend, you should a) continue the same mob you have been hunting for a correction to happen or b) move to a much lower mob/maturity and watch the globals pop off like fireworks.

I've not been much in the mood for doing turnover, but lowish mobs have even been tt-plus now after being on a downer a couple of weeks ago. It's typical for me, though; I shy away from mobs after taking a beating and then return too slowly when the upside comes. But yes, I chip into comments about bad loot, so here a rarer more positive note. :)
You shy away from mobs who take your peds? Bad choice, cause usually those peds are gone. I'd suggest sticking to that mob some more! Get your peds back for sure, wait for the sine wave to have a chance on reversing before leaving.

Your returns depend on where you are on your loot-path and not on what (time of) day it is. I was on an upswing on the last couple of PEDs cycled and seemed to have reached the end of that, and I'm probably facing a downswing now (size of that is unknown obviously) before the next upswing comes along. So I'll be playing low for a while.

Note how I didn't say anything about time here; play the game.
Ups and downs aren't measured by ped cycled but triggered by the number of kills, and this is something everyone should have learnt from doing iron quests start to finish. It's just that bigger mobs have higher costs to kill which makes 3000 kills unbearably for most people hunting them lol.

I pretty much agree with all of that. I wonder if just time in the game helps. Not just hunting (I only hunt) but just being in the game and standing around. I am retired, and this game is my hobby, so if I have to run an errand, I stay logged in while I am gone. Consequently, I may be online for 10 or more hours every day.
Time of day has no relevance to loot cycles going good or bad. The system puts you on -/+ side of the loot, the transfer comes from killing X amount of mobs, which can take X amount of time, based on your DPS. In my opinion, killing mobs cheaply helps with this and reducing the cost to kill/overkill.

Last edited:
[...]
Ups and downs aren't measured by ped cycled but triggered by the number of kills, and this is something everyone should have learnt from doing iron quests start to finish. It's just that bigger mobs have higher costs to kill which makes 3000 kills unbearably to most people hunting them lol.
[...]

This is exactly what came out of my research about loot multipliers. Even more...so called "good and bad cycles" are subiective, and are result of not managing multipliers system is throwing out toward hunter (and this is kinda fixed statistically ,even if it appear as randomized).

This is exactly what came out of my research about loot multipliers. Even more so-called "good and bad cycles" are subjective, resulting from not managing the multipliers system thrown out toward hunter (which is kinda fixed statistically, even if it appears as randomized).
Agreed. It is most certainly fixed and can be very predictable even if it appears randomised. A mob deficit is a wording I devised to simply mean sine wave mapping, but people like to debunk my findings as theories and wonder why they keep losing lol.

Nothing special for me either...
Just the regular 5 globals on average per gun, TT losses at around 7-10 %.
Only thing that was noticable were 3 ESIs I looted since mayhem began....had non of those in over 2 years

I noted the losses in the previous post and didn't the MA big boss say they should be 4% overall losses. Has anyone had a chance to prove that. I don't think a guaranteed of 4% loss is bad we can call it a monthly subscription fee like other games have but here if you don't play for a month it doesn't cist a dime.

the replies I'm reading suggest a personal loot pool "you are on .." 'you should"
just take them with a grain of salt IMO

I noted the losses in the previous post and didn't the MA big boss say they should be 4% overall losses. Has anyone had a chance to prove that? I don't think a guaranteed 4% loss is bad we can call it a monthly subscription fee like other games have but here if you don't play for a month it doesn't cost a dime.
I don't trust fully what MA say, so gathering your own data is prevalent but to each his own.

Last edited:
"Remember, luck always changes" - Kadala

maybe you jinxed your luck with this post xD

I had good returns for about 4 months, was celebrating it and even told a friend that it may be worthwhile for him to come back, and dang, massive downswing that is still going on. So now i have to tell my friend that it's not worthwhile to come back xD

Last edited:
"Remember, luck always changes" - Kadala

you eventually jinxed your luck with this post xD

I had good returns for about 4 months, was celebrating it and even told a friend that it may be worthwhile for him to come back, and dang, massive downswing that is still going on. So now i have to tell my friend that it's not worthwhile to come back xD
Eventually your luck always changes with or without a post or conversations or whatever you do :)

I noted the losses in the previous post and didn't the MA big boss say they should be 4% overall losses. Has anyone had a chance to prove that. I don't think a guaranteed of 4% loss is bad we can call it a monthly subscription fee like other games have but here if you don't play for a month it doesn't cist a dime.
I do not know how they calculate the "overall losses".... is it amount cycled based ?
I just see how the shrapnel cycled is getting less and less every run, I do not even factor in the decay spent.
Not complaining, just really fun that the higher level I get the longer it takes to get out of a bad loot cycle (even though I cycle way more now than I did with lower levels).
Maybe I pissed somebody off at MA....think it started a few years back when I opened several support cases concerning a Mayhem diploma (which I bever received, although it was promised initially by support...some people should not work in support, and have been since forever).
Anyway...Merry Mayhem and Migration are the things I spent most of my PEDS...maybe my personal loot pool is just filling up for my first 5 digit :D

For some better, for some worse :wise:

... a personal loot pool ...

No such thing exists.

There is a general loot-path formula we're all on, which includes a bunch of individual modifiers to make it all seem less general. Things like cycled PEDs, your overall skill level (Anatomy, Engineering, Geology (check how discipleships work as reference)), some stats from your previous to the current loot-event (the bar in the crafting machine as reference) and some pseudo-randomness (randomness is illegal, anything that looks random to us like "the number of login-events in the last 24 hours plus the sum of the latest 100 globals" is legal) are applied somehow. So to a certain extent we can influence what's happening to our avatars (thanks to all the number crunchers and testers), but not in the big picture. That's what Loot 2.0 was all about I guess, the early stories about how players heavily influenced their loot (looking into a certain direction while killing, the duplicate-item-bug, ...) are nice anecdotes that thankfully didn't bankrupt MA.

IMHO, MA commented enough and they were vague enough to assume that those weren't lies. There are some threads flying around in PCF.

I posted something here, being removed or what?

I posted something here, being removed or what?
Yes it was called harassment and the Admin probably remove it along with my response. But keep it up and you will probably get banned from posting anywhere.

For me it seems to be all about PED cycle and being able to weather the downturns in loot until it comes back. I cycle around 250,000 PED a month. Since I started doing that. I seem to get much better loot. I am averaging an uber every 1-2 weeks, multiple hofs a week and countless globals (single day record stands at 36).

I do tend to notice though, if I hunt on the same server as the FFA entrances I tend to get better loot.

...randomness is illegal..

Can you expand on this? I am not aware of randomness being illegal unless you are talking about that making it gambling. which even gambling machines are not random.

Can you expand on this? I am not aware of randomness being illegal unless you are talking about that making it gambling. which even gambling machines are not random.

Yes, I meant it in your way.

IIRC that randomness was the reason why keys for loot boxes can't be bought in every country as the algorithm behind them makes it gambling. And since the game as such wasn't affected (or at least it wasn't shut down and something was fixed) everything seems to be OK so, as a result of that, there is no such randomness in the game.

Back