Doing my part to spread the word

Society
The Entropiad (ThE)
Marcus Lionheart Ellisius
So I've recently begun seeking out ways to advertise Entropia to the masses without costing me money. No one seems to have hard numbers since MA is so hush-hush but it seems as though the general consensus is that the current (active) player base is about 5K (maybe even less if we judge by the Facebook "Likes" to the EU homepage).

I've posted a link to a video discussing Entropia on the link forum I-am-Bored (similar to Reddit). It can be seen here:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=89685

It's had 1,627 hits from a global audience in one day and cost me nothing.

Bottom line is, it never seems to amaze me that after ten years of existing, so FEW people even know of the existence of EU. Here in the States, people I've met that consider themselves avid MMORPG players (Wow, League of Legends, etc) have never once heard of Entropia. These are players that don't bat an eye at paying $15 USD a month to play (not to mention the initial cost of buying the software) with NO expectation of getting their money back in any way. Many could play quite comfortably on $15 USD per month in EU (except maybe for you Ubers out there :p ). To be fair, there is absolutely NO advertising for the game here so it's of little wonder. I only heard of it from one of the many online articles discussing one of the large historical purchases in-game (Deathifier's Treasure Island I believe).

I love EU and genuinely enjoy about 99% of the player base (RCE games likely to draw a more mature crowd). I just want to spread the word to others who I think would genuinely enjoy the game as well, not to mention bring in a sleuth of new depositors. I'm continuously confused why MA seems to take no interest in advertising their great game - so I guess I'll try to do my part instead.

What about you? Any ideas? Like to mention efforts you've made to spread the word? This isn't another "EU's dying!" thread. This is a "we've got a good thing, how do we help make it better?" thread!

Let the ideas and calls to action roll in!

-Marcus Lionheart Ellisius

I've said before and I'll say it again, EU is not for the regular MMO player. MMO players want a fun, exiting and social game. EU is none of that. EU is mainly a solo grind. What makes the game interesting is the real cash aspect. Which again the average MMO players is not after that. You should try aiming for online gamblers, like the people who play poker and stuff online.

hmmm, why was this thread moved from general discussion to "videos"??

and about the advertising thing, apparently MA was doing a campaign for the past few months. I saw EU's adds all over the place. But the funny thing was that the add was linked to the wrong page. Even told them about it but they never fixed it lol:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250944-Calypso-Ads

Interesting. Never saw them myself. Any idea where they are showing them? I'd like to see them too.

As for the "videos" move, no idea. Not my doing :p

Back