Dominax Original Mamba (L)

Photon

Elite
Society
Shaolin
Photonic Edge
Hi all,

I'm not an animal tamer by any stretch of the imagination, but I have crafted lots of L whips in the past. Whenever I craft a Viper, it sells immediately for a nice markup - not so with the Mamba.

Does anyone have any idea why this higher TT value whip will not sell even for 2% markup?

Thanks.

P.S. There's one in my shop :D

I can answer that mate.

Becuase there isn't really any use for it. Once you are skilled enough for the Mamba you can use the non-limited whips just about well enough to whip down mobs without needing a limited one.

Well that was my findings from my taming days anyway.

Hmmm ... that's kinda not the answer I was looking for :(

Surely the HA is 10/10 for this whip, and something less for a non limited whip? Does this make a difference?

Yeah, well the mamba guarantees you go a very small range of damage (apart from the dreaded crits when taming lol).

However once you get onto reasonable maturity mobs it isn't needed. I'd recommend you ply your trades elsewhere. I don't think there is much money to be had on this item :(

My theory : Both the Mamba and the Viper does very little damage so they are both used for the same thing, which is either to tame small mobs OR as a secondary whip to use at the final stage when taming to avoid killing the mob (for which the viper is much better since it has lower damage).

So when you have to choose from a full tt Viper and a full tt Mamba (about 100 peds price difference), most people would choose the Viper.

I myself use a Rattlesnake ME and a Viper (and have an unsold Mamba in my shop :laugh: ).

Back