Dont you just hate it when this happens!!!

Status
Fortunately one of her gamer buddies knew where she lived and called the cops. They showed up, arrested one of the robbers. The other one is still at large.

<removed RL political comment>

Hope she is alright. On the side note... she is probably going to make thousands now from all the publicity of her channel. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations

Her channel was taken down, could be one of many stunts to gain publicity. Or not.

In past there was plenty of crazy things happening on cam to gain viewers, like guy having sex with his gf or another faking disability and getting caught.

K I'm now very curious why it was shut down. Not her fault she was robbed. Now if it is fake... that's a whole other story.

K I'm now very curious why it was shut down. Not her fault she was robbed. Now if it is fake... that's a whole other story.
There has been some 'slashdot effect':
twitch.jpg

Given that Twich has seen its traffic rise steadily, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran near full capacity at the moment.

Her channel was taken down, could be one of many stunts to gain publicity. Or not.

In past there was plenty of crazy things happening on cam to gain viewers, like guy having sex with his gf or another faking disability and getting caught.
First thought too when i saw this earlier. (The reason was a TOS violation btw.).

Also:
https://www.facebook.com/sajedene/posts/517413101693275 (post about it by her)
https://www.facebook.com/SUNSfanTV/posts/306511036184168 (post about it by him)

Does she play EU?

<removed political comment>

Hope she is alright. On the side note... she is probably going to make thousands now from all the publicity of her channel. :)

<removed>

Im glad she is ok.

It really highlights the importance of being able to defend yourself. How did these guys so easily gain entry? Was zero thought put into home defense? Sadly that's the case with most people and thats why home invasions are so common.

The world is a screwed up place.

Im glad she is ok.

It really highlights the importance of being able to defend yourself. How did these guys so easily gain entry? Was zero thought put into home defense? Sadly that's the case with most people and thats why home invasions are so common.

The world is a screwed up place.

I'm glad that she's safe, but if she had been armed, it might certainly have ended up worse for her as the robbers would not have hesitated to shoot if they saw that she had a gun and since there were several of them, the odds would not be in her favour.

/mod note/ Real-world political discussions belong in a real-world political forum - and there's plenty of those around. They don't belong here.

<removed - see mod note below>

Realistically though, had she used a door stop or something, those guys probably would have just given up on trying to enter, and moved on... Especially if she shouted at them through the door telling them that she is armed and that the police are on the way.

<removed - see mod note below>

Now, regarding this particular person... well, it would be nice if more folks were trained in how to handle themselves in these situations. My personal belief though is that it wont matter that much. Most folks in the face of a legitimate threat freeze.

Why?

Because there's a fundamental difference between thinking you can hurt somebody and actually doing it. Most folks, when faced with actually needing to make something like this happen, wait too long and end up putting themselves in more danger than they were in the first place.

/mod note/ 'Gun ownership' is a RL controversial issue, even in the US from what I've seen in international news. Nor are US constitutional amendments applicable world-wide.

As the discussion cannot seem to move beyond that: :locked:.

I'd like to clear up any misunderstandings related to the closing of this thread.

The Off Topic section (including its subforums) is provided for discussion of topics not directly related to Entropia Universe. Nevertheless, all of the usual forum rules apply to this area of the forum as well. In this particular case, the thread very quickly morphed into a discussion of the concept of gun rights, which is an extremely controversial and emotionally-charged topic. Even more so considering the fact that PCF members come from many different countries around the world, with vastly different views on the topic of gun rights.

Since none of the discussion in this thread relates directly to Entropia Universe, the leash is very short. Any thread that disrupts the primary mission of the forum - civil and informative discussion of Entropia Universe - will very often be locked rather quickly.

There are literally thousands of internet locations to discuss gun rights and other political issues; PlanetCalypsoForum is not one of them. In the future, please refrain from participating in or encouraging highly-charged emotional, philosophical or political discussion here on PCF, thanks.

:locked:

Status
Back