Dorki's mining log

Dorki

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Michal Dorki Dorcak
I've decided to start my own mining log here. It is intended to be a very long term project. However, high losses and unexpected sales on Steam may interfere with my ability to keep mining continuously. My goals for this mining log will be:

Profit: 1000 ped - 5000 ped - 10 000 ped - 50 000 ped - 100 000 ped

Finds: 1k +, Tower, ATH

TT cycled: 10 000 ped - 50 000 ped - 100 000 ped - 500 000 ped - 1 000 000 ped - 5 000 000 ped

Prosp lvl: 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 75 - 80

Surv lvl: 25 - 30 - 35 - 40 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 60 - 65 - 70 - 75 - 80

Notes:

- I will state my gear for any particular run

- I only started to keep a more proper run-results about a week ago so the log will start there

- sometimes I get lazy and log a few days worth of mining as a single mining run

- running total for the log will always be at the end of each run's post

- I will include some of my thoughts about the places, finds or people I've met (mostly without including their names)

Last edited:
Starting batch of runs

This first post will cover approximately the last week of mining. I do not see a point in writing extra post for each of those runs. I'll do that for future runs though. Anyway, here we go:

Gear: TT extractors, Transformer T-104, TK 220 (L), Z25 (L), F-213 (L), LVL 2, 5 and D-class amps

TT cycled: 8896 ped

With MU: 9432.2 ped

TT out: 6830.1 ped

With MU out: 7940.49 ped

Avg. MU on loot: 116.26 %

Profit/Loss: - 1491.71 ped

Notes:

- travel costs between planets are included as MU

- I have been hitting Hell way too much for my own good and those trips make up for pretty much all my loss for the week

- I'm about to include my last big trip to Hell in the next post. I know I lost my *ss in there, but I'm still waiting for MS flight to Caly to unload the goods

- I've seen PigBenis on RT at Lagoon two or three times and it made me happy for some reason, maybe because I like his mining videos.

- I've met some unpleasant people at Nuclear blast bomb shelter, but I guess at least one guy thought the same about me since I heavily damaged his pitbull. I got frustrated by sh*tty hitrate (probably caused by the fact that area is full of miners most of the day). Needless to say, I managed to drive him back to TP. I also found out I had more ugly names than the Devil. Also I had a few Quad fights with people who attacked me. Ofc. a complete waste of ammo for both sides. Oh, and I've met a guy with a big gun and very long range on it who almost managed to shoot down my quad before I managed to flee high and far enough. Trips to NBBS weren't a complete waste though. MU from few trips when I got good hitrate of pyrite contributed a lot to recovering my losses from first trip to Hell.

- I found some Tridenite, Redu, Himi and Maganite this week

Hi, my name is Michal and I'm an addict ... After the second trip to Hell for the past 7 days ended badly, I decided to avoid the place for a while. For this mining trip I intended to look for niks and pyrite on RT. After the second amp burned planetside (with relatively good results) I snapped and ran straight to Hell and so did my returns and average MU.

Gear: TK220 (L) with depth enhancers to reach 1000m +, TT excavators, T-104 (I will always use the same excavators and refiner unless stated otherwise)

TT in: 2952 ped

TT out: 1782.96 ped

With MU: 1995.29 ped

Profit/Loss: -1109.36 ped

Avg. MU: 111.91%

Running total:

TT cycled: 11848 ped
Profit/Loss: -2601.07 ped
Avg. MU: 115.36%

Notes:

- I must work on my addiction for Hell, so I'll stay on Caly for few runs
- the only thing that pulled my Avg. MU on this trip above 110% was redulite and duru. I found very little pyrite or niks.

Defenitely going to follow this! Its very interesting.
Good luck with the runs :thumbup:

Thanks. I'll post my next run as soon as stuff sells. Btw, rehab is a great thing. I've been straight for 1 day already :yay: . Though, I've started to have some alarming ideas in presence of molisks ... :ahh:

Goodluck Dorki, hope you can turn your losses into profits :)

Oh... and thanks for leaving hell :p

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll post my next run as soon as stuff sells. Btw, rehab is a great thing. I've been straight for 1 day already :yay: . Though, I've started to have some alarming ideas in presence of molisks ... :ahh:

i'm subscribing, if only so i can remind myself whenever i think, what harm can just one trip to hell do, of your plight and praise lootius that im not suffering twisted thoughts that include molisks.
gl with the log and those visions your having :p

Goodluck Dorki, hope you can turn your losses into profits :)

Oh... and thanks for leaving hell :p

the way you drop probes MA should design you a personal dome-filled asteroid, a snowy one, and situate it above the north pole somewhere ;)

So, I did 2 runs today, but only resources from the first one got sold already. I will post the second run tomorrow. Anyway, no need to worry about meeting me in your kingdom anytime soon Reindeer.

To Fallen Angel - I'm now actively avoiding molisks. Twisted ideas seem to appear only when I have a molisk encounter.

Back to my run. This run consists of 300 drops on ores. I decided to avoid dual dropping for a while. I count finder decay, enhancers and fuel for VTOL as a fixed fee. Usually 10 ped per smaller runs. Was 15 ped for this run. Here are the results:

Gear: TK220 + depth enhancer up to 1065 meters

TT spent: 315 ped

MU spent: 315 ped

TT out: 261.55 ped

Out with MU: 363.91 ped

Profit/Loss: + 48.91 ped

Avg. MU: 139.14%

Running total:

TT cycled: 12163 ped
With MU: 12851.85 ped
TT out: 8874.61 ped
With MU out: 10299.69 ped
Profit/loss: -2552.16 ped
Avg. MU: 116.06%

Notes:

- even though MU might seem like I did, I did not mine Akmuul zone on this trip. I changed places few times and managed to collect some redulite, kanerium and durulium. Apart from about 23 ped of belkar, all my other finds were either gazzurdite or cobalt.

- I dropped a probe next to nexnecis and my VTOL flipped over. I managed to ninja spawn it for quick escape, but actually forgot to jump in it and chatted happily on soc chat. Nice uncle Nex just stood there in disbelief and watched me for over a minute until I realized what happened and flew away.

- on my second run today (will get published when goodies sell) I did mine Akmuul zone :) Please stay tuned for some thrilling lame stories

And huuuuuuuge thanks to everybody who already decided to follow my mining log or will decide to do so in the future.

Last edited:
So, here are results from my little PVP4 run:

Gear: TK220 (L) + some depth enhancers, 1x lvl5 amp

TT in: 310 ped
With MU: 324.85 ped
TT out: 580.55 ped
With MU: 686.04 ped
Avg. MU: 118.17%
Profit/loss: +361.19 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 12473 ped
Profit/loss: -2190.97 ped
Avg. MU: 116.19%

Notes:

- very interesting run. I finally got some TT profit. MU was rather low for PVP4 since I only found about 27 ped of pyrite, almost all my finds were blaus, azzurdite, erdorium or belkar.

- my hitrate was extremely low and claims very small while I was at the "pyrite" spots. When I moved to a random location other than the two pyrite areas I know, I started to hit more claims. It still did suck, but I managed to hit 3 globals near the end of the run. All 3 were above 100ped, biggest one being 150ish azzurdite. Two of the globals were at the exact same spot. I rebombed 150pedder azzurdite and got 101 (or something like that) ped erdorium. With my last unamped drop (amp was broken already) I hit XI blaus, might have been a small global with the amp.

- I met quite a few people in the zone on this run. Luckily all my goodies were safely in storage by then.

- a good friend of mine was riding along as gunner in my quad.

War story:

I was happy after my globals got sent to storage. However, I had a few more drops left. It was already an evening. Very peacefull, quiet and toxic as usual. The only thing making a dent in this idyllic situation was a guy comming from the opposite direction with Disreputable (or something close to that word) reputation on his quad. He was confidently making his way towards us when something snapped inside me. I decided to give my friend's machinegun a free reign and we destroyed that guy's quad. Of course, he then hid under the wreck and killed my friend when he jumped out to finish him. "What to do now?!" I asked myself, being relatively peaceful brute armed with philosopher's sword. Suddenly came along a knight in shining quad and fair trait, guns blazing and killed the guy for me.

Heoic death of one Michal Dorki Dorcak:

I was empty, flying from the outpost east (or is it west? I confuse that) of the zone in my quad. I needed to get to TP and figured straight through the zone is the best way. I was almost through when somebody attacked me. He had a gunner in his quad and kept hitting me. Being a hero and a gentleman, I decided there is no point in paying 5 ped for new anti-toxic shot. With 190 structural integrity on my metal friend, I exited the seat, hit recall hotkey, clicked ok and splashed my bodily fluids all over a group of unsuspecting mulmuns d*cking around several hundreds of meters under me. It all happened so quick the other guy had no chance of hitting me. He could then spend all evening whining about a fat miner barely escaping and fantasize about the treasures I carried. Of course, I was totally empty and did all this just to p*ss him off and save 5 ped. I didn't even have the usual 1 piece of complimentary common dung on me.

:yay: I discovered the reason behind my little molisk problem. :wtg: I was sunbathing in strong midday sun the other day for over an hour .... :ahh: :wise:

:lolup:

To my run:

Gear: TK220 (L) + depth enhancers, 2x lvl 5 amp

TT in: 665 ped
With MU: 694.7 ped
TT out: 756.36 ped
With MU: 852.39 ped
Avg. Mu: 112.7%
profit/loss:+157.69 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 13138 ped
Profit/loss: -2033.28 ped
Avg. MU: 115.93%

Notes:

- changed place few times and I did some unamped drops on enmatter to complete daily mining mission

- I kept finding tons of low MU or TT food ores - ie. morpheus, valurite

- luckily, I hoffed 240ish ped. Sadly it was only blaus and in the middle of PVP4. I only did about 50 amped drops in the zone, but more than half my loot came from there, thanks to the hof.

- TI rules, anytime I go there my results suck. Many people have good runs there. I had a good hitrate, relatively nice claim sizes, but was 50 ped TT short after the first amps burned. I wasted 150 more ped there getting barely 60 ped of ores. Total of 50 ped valurite I found there did not help a bit my average MU for the run. Though, it is worth mentioning that there were some ores I did not sell after the run, because I did not have amounts high enough to be worth auctioning.

- another miner was around when I hit that blaus hof in PVP4. He seemed like a nice guy, didn't even try to kill me. We (me and my friend in gunner's seat) met him few times already before I hit the hof. Some time later, after I dag out the claim, socmate who came to help protect me snuffed that nice guy someplace else in the zone.

Hello father, forgive me coz I've sinned - I started gambling again. Do not worry though. I have not visited Hell nor F.O.M.A. I simply got pulled (mostly by myself) into mindless hunting for some 2 days. Friends-socmates of mine attended an Atrax even on Big Industries LA. I kept oblivious to this event, but there were some nice rewards for winners. So, when event got posponed, because some d*ckhead with tons of alt. avas blocked most of the tickets, I snapped and grabbed a ticket myself. I blew my entire budget on armor, gun, amps and ammo. And I was in for a thrilling ride. Long story short - I won 1st place (100ped, first time I won 1st place in any event) and after 2 days of mindless hunting on atrax, feffoids, nexnecis, allophyls, leviathans and some other creeps I ended up about 800 ped in profit :) :rolleyes: Back to mining now - at least mostly.

Run on Caly:

Gear: TK220(L), depth enhancers to reach 1k meters

TT in: 320 ped
With MU: 320 ped

TT out: 252.15 ped
With MU: 315.03 ped
Avg. MU: 124.94%
Profit/Loss: -4.97 ped

Running total:
Hasn't changed much. I will write it down after the next run.

Notes:

- 300 unamped drops on ores. No dual dropping. I only found a little bit of redulite and some duru. So, avg. MU was not as high as I hoped for.

- btw, next round is almost complete. About 40 drops remain + selling the stuff. I'm doing enmatters on this run, 400 unamped drops. :tongue2:

- and yes, I do not have a life .... at the moment anyway

Can you write a book?:)

You have such a funny way of telling things:laugh:

I've been trying to write a book for past few years, but The (Entropia)Universe always stops me :mad:

Sun was shining, my hair getting oily and sweetstuff got stuck between my teeth. So, I went mining for enmatters this time. No wonder it sucked *** - have fun replacing the *s with letters - A-S-S. Good luck my friends! :dunce:

Gear: TK220 (L)

TT in: 215 ped
With MU: 215 ped
TT out: 171.01 ped
With MU: 193.83 ped
Avg. MU: 113.34%
Profit/Loss: -21.17 ped

Running total:

I know I promised it to you, but you will have to wait until the next run's results. I already put the info from that one into my excel sheet, but I'm still waiting for a beacon to sell.

Notes:

- this run was a waste of time in my opinion. I went out to look for some alicenies and lumis leach (or is it leech?). However, I kept hitting damn growth molecules and crude oil instead. After changing places few times, I started hitting lytairian and some other stuff. Mostly lower MU stuff.

- claim sizes and hitrate were pathetic. Only few VII sized claims saved me from even bigger loss. Thanks the Godly Chimpanzee (I maintain a Divine Chimpanzee presses a button to determine size everytime we are supposed to get loot) for those lucky picks. :bowdown:

- small hint about the next run: It was bigger, involved lvl5 amps, sucking :tongue2:, mutants and last ditch attack at F.O.M.A

Goodies from the big run on a sh*tty return day got sold :yay: Here it is:

Gear: TK220 (L), 5x lvl5 amp

TT in: 1540 ped
With MU: 1623.25 ped
TT out: 1474.36 ped
With MU: 1662.75 ped
Avg. MU: 112.78% ped
Profit/Loss: +39.5 ped :yay:

Running total:

TT cycled: 15213 ped
TT out: 12109.04 ped
Avg. MU: 115.70%
Profit/Loss after MU: -2019.92 ped

Notes:

- this run started with 60ish% return in PVP4 getting mostly rubbish blausarium finds. Then it continued with another 2x lvl5 amps that I got 30ish%!!!! returns planetside - Calypso where the **** are you heading?. I changed locations few times and nothing seemed to help. Simply put - mining sucked big time for me yesterday.

- I almost got snuffed by a mulaak'f Rocky :boxer: wannabe who took fancy to my quad ride and obviously played GTA before taking a walk in da zone.

- after 3 amps got burned with exceptionally low hitrate everywhere I went, I got frustrated and logged off to start watching Stargate Atlantis once again. I just had to watch other people get into trouble to forget how deep into the sh*t I've gotten.

- it did not work :bomb:. So, I told myself "F*ck this! It can't get any worse." and I flew up to F.O.M.A. :scratch2:

- 2x lvl5 amps were laughing at my pedcard (showing 149 ped at this point) from the inventory. It was a truly pathetic attempt :ahh: :eyecrazy:

- short story shorter: Some guy/gal (if you are reading this, grats and thanks a lot you saved my day) hit an iron hof. Few moments later I saw a green dot so I said "Hi". GD replied and my brain made a connection - it's the iron guy! Of course, I started mining the sh*t out of the area with GD immediately, first drop after I changed course was a nice 469 ped iron hof. Then I found a small iron global nearby, X caldorite and on my way back to TP I hit another hof. This time it was 197 pedder iron. :yay:

- to illustrate how bad the planetside mining was that day - I burned through almost exactly 1k ped getting barely 400 ped TT of mostly low MU crap back. :wise: I've gotten 948 ped TT on F.O.M.A in globals and hofs + about 100 ped in smaller claims. Yet I was almost 70 ped short TT-wise at the end.

- I'm wondering if it was because of out of the ordinary find I've gotten down at Caly. I hit those way too rarely to be sure, but it seems that my overall TT return sucks greatly on days when I do hit some. Anyway, 23 pedder beacon with actual TT of 4.9ped and almost non-existent MU is hardly a good excuse for 600 ped loss. :yup:

Great writing again! Very enjoyable! Gratz on the small positive return!;)

TY and Thanks a lot for hitching a ride with me in PVP4 today mate. :beerchug: Anyway, goodies from today's run got sold. So here are the results:

Gear: TK220 (L), 1x lvl5 amp

TT in: 308 ped
With MU: 322.85 ped
TT out: 334.32 ped
With MU: 407.66 ped
Avg. MU: 121.94 %
Profit/Loss: + 84.81 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 15521 ped
TT back : 12443.36 ped
Avg. MU: 115.86%
Profit/Loss: -1935.11 ped

Notes:

- run in Akmuul zone. A friend of mine was my gunner on this run. A small battle took place there. I call it Battle of Depleted Pyrite Claim. Prepare yourselves for another lame war story friends! :smash: :holyshit::handgun::inbed:

- I did not find much pyrite, only about 37 ped TT. However, I hit a nice narc. global and few other nice claims. As always, blausarium infestation, gold and Morpheus (offering cheap blue pills) dragged the avg. MU down a bit, but I found 5 ped kanerium too :yay:

War story:

It was a beautiful day in the Zone. Mulmun's were growling and dicking around as usual. Few fluffy toxic clouds cruised the skies, fresh breeze kept trying to snatch away my Santa hat and I found a nice vein of smaller pyrite claims.

"At last!" I yelled through the roar of quad's engines. VIII sized claim of pyrite made me very happy only to be replaced with fear and desperation. Green dot appeared on my radar. "What now? We are all doomed!" I thought. It was as simple as that. I panicked and did one of the stupidest things loaded miner can do in lootable PVP zone. I ripped an excavator out of my rucksack and started digging desperate for my PEDs. However, the rarad blob was fast. There was still one pull left in the claim by my best estimates when I came back to my senses.

Shortly after take off, rockets flying towards my quad ruined the beautiful toxic scenery. Luckily I evaded most of those arrows of death and my gunner took over nearly destroying the VTOL shooting at us. The other guy jumped onto the ground and waited. :scratch2: My guess would be he expected a fully loaded unarmored, unarmed and wetted miner to leave the safest place around and get shot voluntarily.

We waited and waited. Bandit 1 as I marked him got twitchy and pulled out a plasma rifle. It was not doing much damage and guy kept missing quite often. Soon, another radar blob appeared. This time it proudly shined in purple. Unknown to the Claim Camper, we b*tched about him blocking my pyrite while waiting and one heroic warrior decided to take his weapons for a spin (huge thanks m8).

It was a modern warfare in all its glory complete with air support. Of course, being a peaceful brute I just kept adjusting quad's position to allow the gunner to support our friend on the ground. Nevertheless, we won. However, Bandit 1 refused to give up and came back. He teleported right at the spot where I stood only fraction of a second after I finished mining my claim and took off. :wtg:

- it did not work :bomb:. So, I told myself "F*ck this! It can't get any worse." and I flew up to F.O.M.A.

when i read this i was thinking this could easily turn out to be some famous last words :)

when i read this i was thinking this could easily turn out to be some famous last words :)

:lolup: It almost did turn out that way. There were some pirates having a little group action in space during my trip to FOMA and I was quite depressed at that point. Luckily I don't have a gun to paint my walls with. :tapfinger

Goodies from the new run are sold. Run went OK. I think I blew the profit hunting argonauts though :ahh:

Gear: TK220 (L), 3x lvl5 amp

TT in: 920 ped
With MU: 964.55 ped
TT out: 1015.8 ped
With MU: 1188.63 ped
Avg. MU: 117.01%
Profit/Loss: +224.08 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 16441 ped
Profit/Loss: -1711.03 ped

Notes:

- gazz global&hof + couple of XI and XII claims saved the day

- it is morning and my brain does not work properly yet. That being said, I'm incapable of writing anything longer ATM.

I had another of those runs when it suxs, but turns out nice. :yay:

Gear: TK220 (L), 3x lvl5 amp

TT in: 909 ped
With MU: 956.64 ped
TT out: 1037.83 ped
With MU: 1198.97 ped
Avg. MU: 115.53%
Profit/Loss: +242.33 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 17350 ped
Profit/Loss: - 1468.7 ped

Notes:

- I was frustrated most of this run. Luckily I hit a small hof followed by a global at the beginning of my last amp.

- the game kept sh*tting me with tons of serendipity and perception gains (over 12 gains on less than 50 drops) at the end of the run. Of course, I did not have enough probes to carpetbomb the entire area.

- some guy kept hoffing and globalling like crazy at Gaia's while I was mining. I don't remember your name, but if you read this than big GZ.

Yesterday I had a great idea - take 4 lvl5 amps for a spin in happy land. Turns out happy land was more of a sh*tty swamp. And I had a loss. :mad:

Gear: TK220 (L), 4x lvl5 amp

TT in: 1242 ped
With MU: 1305.52 ped
TT out: 996.28 ped
With MU: 1195.03 ped
Avg. MU: 119.95%
Profit/Loss: -110.49 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 18592 ped
Profit/Loss: -1579.19 ped
Avg. MU: 116.18%

Notes:

- quite a bad run. It was not the worst run I have ever had, but it made me very sad since my log is still in rather huge loss.

- it is yesterday's run. I was waiting for goodies to sell. In the meantime I had another great idea for 4 more lvl5 amps. A few hints before my goodies sell at auction: 1) Sh*tty swamp hasn't turned back into happy lands overnight.
2) I visited FOMA.

- I am confident those two hints will take all the surprise from the next run's report from ya. :wise:

Awesome log, in the red now, but I see a tower coming your way.

Are you a professional writer? If not, you should be :wtg:

Thanks. I sure hope there is a tower waiting for me someplace I'll visit soon. Last 3 runs sucked big time. :bomb:
I make some money by writing. Far too little to call myself professional writer though. Anyway, here come results from previous run. Goodies took a bit longer to sell thanks to peeps undercutting gazz prices past few days (big time).

TT in: 1212 ped
With MU: 1284 ped
TT out: 963.47 ped
With MU: 1122.48 ped
Avg. MU: 116.50%
Profit/loss: -161.52 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 19804 ped
Profit/loss: -1740.71 ped

Notes:

- Calypso seems to have something against me. After a breef period of normal returns or slightly profitable runs, I always get longer period of extra sucky runs.

- MU on most ores I'm finding seems to be going down. There are mysterious orders with ridiculously low MU on most common stuff like gazz, belk and cobalt. And miners seem to be selling for such low prices, because MU keeps dropping. If this continues I'll have to go back to unamped mining.

- next report will include war story or two. It sucked (the run), probably even more than this run, TT-wise at least. :mad:

Last edited:
Notes:

- Calypso seems to have something against me.

If this continues I'll have to go back to unamped mining.

seems MA/whatever calypso is calling it self now dont want miners actually spending large amounts on calypso any more, not really much positive to say about the ore distribution there, if/when the nerfing of vehicles in lootable pvp happens there wont be much use for calypso except as a market to sell your resources.
gl and i think its about time you hit a nice hof! :)

Thanks. Yeah, it's about time for a hof. On last 12 lvl5 amps I burned I didn't hit anything above 151 ped :broke:
I think I'll have to agree with you about Caly not being miner-friendly. I'll be going to RT or Ark as soon as stuff from my last run sells. I stuck to Caly mainly because of the daily mining missions. But if I can get better results elsewhere it'll be cheaper to just buy those tokens. :scratch2:

Subscribing

So much LoL's Keep it up!

Even though some runs are shizzle you still make me smile. Thanks man :)

Jay-Jay

All goodies got sold. Anyway, this run sucked, but there was some fun involved in that sucking. :handjob:

TT in: 1222 ped
With MU: 1289.6 ped
TT out: 926.02 ped
With MU: 1215.8 ped
Avg. MU: 131.29%
Profit/Loss: -73.8 ped

Running total:

TT cycled: 21026 ped
Profit/Loss: -1814.51 ped
Avg. MU: 117%

Notes:

- steep rise in MU on pyrite made me happy. If I found some more of it, that MU would probably have saved the run. Sadly, I made a bad call and changed area for last 1.5 amps. Also, some 20+ ped kanerium I found this trip helped a lot.

- I hit a nice small global in PVP4. I've been hitting lots of smallish pyrite claims in the area when I heard the trumpets. My heart got all smily only to be saddened by the chat message. I globalled on blaus, again. Also, other 2 bigger claims in the area were blaus (XII and IX).

- changing planet for the next 9x lvl5 amp run. Hopefully I'll finally hit something bigger or at least have some profit.

- don't leave friends. War story follows + some lame snuff story.

War story:

I visited Akmuul toxic zone three times during this mining run. It seems that Sun shines and purple toxic coulds cruise the sky everytime I venture there. The same goes for mulmuns, muluk-hirs and other stuff that likes to dick around the zone. Mulaak'fs were kinda serious today. I think they watched Rocky or some other motivational materials. Anyway, certain guy was globalling on mulaaks since the morning. It was irritating because I was afraid to go mine the south for pyrite. I'm sure nobody will hold it against me that I happily jumped at the chance of ganging up on the guy (lets call him Tod*). If you do, please know that .... ehm .... Tod seems to like attacking other people and he kept trying to block my claim. Anyway ...

A hero of great skill and armament joined me and my gunner in the zone in the evening (at least I think it was evening already). My heroic gunner managed to shoot down few aircrafts before mutated birds told us where Tod is hiding. As all of you know, flying in the atmosphere is slow. Strange formations of vegetation and suspicious groups of mutants slowly went by. We crashed into the mountain as I was checking out a particularly sexy pink mutant female :ahh: . Then we finally arrived at Tod's location. The battle was brief. Tod's quad blew up fast. Our friend armed to the teeth jumped in. And all the ground troops got wiped out by p*ssed off mullak'f. :scratch2: At this point I nearly lost it and wetted my brand new Chirpy-leather seat. :yup:

... Later on we caught up with Tod once again and did our best not to involve mulaak'f freedom fighters. Those guys can be really difficult to reason with. However, negotiations were successful. Local militia let us waste Tod's quad and VTOL and land battle of epic proportions took place. One on One, our friend smashed Tod into oblivion.

Our cheerful band of scavengers continued the journey. A lonely quad keeping its position in the sky evoked some suspicions so we tipped our groundbound friend with its location and charged in. The ferocity with which we attacked was too much for the poor pilot to handle. He broke and commited suicide - or his parachute failed to open:wise:. Well, whichever it was, he banged up few mutants on his way down. And heroic warrior we tipped with the location of this GD got lucky. The Twitchy pilot was just an early warning system (pretty rusty though) for a hunter, hunter who got slain in battle.

All the time, mining sucked. The zone was emptier than my howling stomach. And then, I finally hit some erdorium only to be driven away by Tod. He came back from the dead to follow us around the zone in huge circle. Oh man! what a waste of fuel, but he was determined to prevent me from digging out that claim. We had to call in the cavalry again.

It was on the second pass that I managed to land at the right spot and purple dot appeared at our location to snuff Tod once and for all. A rather unbelievable thing happened. Even under heavy fire, Tod actually flew to me and tried to ninja me just so I could not dig my claim. What a rude behavior! Though, being a hero, I did not twitch. I ripped out my expensive TT excavator and made three looooooong pulls. Erdorium stones are expensive so three pulls were all I needed. And Tod died once again. Poor soul. He did not stay dead this time either. Stay tuned for last round of "Tod's Lucky Ducky". :eyecrazy:

I see heaven mommy!

Every pilot f*cks up eventually. I'm no exception. Eager to follow a nice long and fruitful vein I landed at mountainside that was a bit too steep. The formidable machine simply flipped over and I flipped my imaginary Goddess of Luck off. What a b*tch! :yup:

Just as I was about to pick the quad up and try spawning it again, GD appeared on the radar. You won't believe who it was! Actually, you will :laugh:. It was our friend Tod The Undead. Instead of picking the booty up, I hit recall. 30 peds of pyrite, 7.5ped of kanerium and about 60 ped of other random ores were safe. I made my peace with the Great Monkey, so did my gunner and we awaited Tod. Again, he went for me first which is funny considering I was the unarmed one. After a brief battle, we died, my gunner inflicting nearly fatal wounds on Tod. Poor Tod. He must have been so happy when he heard the loot from us pop-up. Finally, after so many battles, wasted time and ped, he looted me - the Fat juicy miner. Wanna know what he got my friends?

Well, Tod's lucky loot was 1 nova fragment from my gunner and 1 piece of common dung that I collected with love&care for occassions such as this. Congratulations mate! :lolup:

*Note: Tod is not the guy's true name. I just picked it, because I watched Stargate: Atlantis lately and Tod character makes his appearance there. :wise:

Back