FYI: Download VU 10.4.4 Error > fixed

dandy

Old Alpha
Society
Supremacy Reign
Lucifer dandy Leon
I played for an hour now, now problem so far.

Repair any VU without Full Re-installation

Problem:

The client loader doesn't do resume download of public_users_data\dynamic_content\*.pak may cause by Download thread count when it is more than 1.

Solution: (This is on Windows XP)

Make sure you run Client Load under an Admin user until the update has completed.

1: Goto public_users_data\dynamic_content folder
2: Find the newest file that is created
3: Delete it
4: Launch the client loader, then it should download the deleted file again.
5: While it is downloading, click on Tools
6: Change Download thread count to 1

ps: don't use the self repair installation in Tools with this vu, it is broken and may cause more errors.

dandy

I have been using the repairing tool hoping for the ground to be restore in ashi but instead of that i got my client loader and entropia.exe fucker up, now it shows a locker on the icons and when i confirm the tou the client just crash, anyone can help?

I have been using the repairing tool hoping for the ground to be restore in ashi but instead of that i got my client loader and entropia.exe fucker up, now it shows a locker on the icons and when i confirm the tou the client just crash, anyone can help?

I will try to break my EU with the repair to see if I can find a fix(don't worry I will make a backup)

dandy

repair didn't find any error, but found update_11.4.4.63132-11.4.4*.exe and asked me to delete or not.

I chose deletion and the client close instantly.

After launching the client it found that it didn't shutdown properly.
but I could login just fine.

So I deleted Entropia.exe and the repair should download this in the next repair.
After the repair downloaded the missing file, I still able to login normally.

The repair did not break my client at the moment.

If could some one who broke their clients by the repair and post the file version and size of:
ClientLoader.exe (my: file version 11.4.4.63393 and 2.07mb : 2,173,136 bytes)

I suspect that ClientLoader.exe is likely damaged for those who could not start their clients.
So I deleted ClientLoader.exe and try to replace it by update_11.4.4.63364-11.4.4.63393.exe

It works, I got a new ClientLoader.exe

Here how to do it for noobs:

1: download update_11.4.4.63364-11.4.4.63393.exe and put it to Entropia folder the same folder as version.txt

2: deleted ClientLoader.exe in bin32 folder (or backup by move it to some where else)

3: run update_11.4.4.63364-11.4.4.63393.exe by an Admin account.

You should have a good ClientLoader.exe

If some one could confirm if this fixes the problem or not would be great.

dandy

Wow mate...it actually worked.

My CL is now downloading a new update for the game.

Back