downloading startup content

Nikos Eordeus

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Nik Eor Skan
Hi guys

I tried to install EU again after a couple of months being away. But after I type my security code number when I try to log in, client gives me the message "downloading start up content". I tried to repair installation but no problems found. I also runned is as admin but no luck. Client stays at login screen with the 2 circles running all the time. Anyone had this problem before? I searched forums but couldnt find something similar.

Also who should I contact about this issue ?

them --> https://support.planetcalypso.com

or

them --> https://account.entropiauniverse.com

too many bugs and supports around these days Im afraid. Any help is appreciated

Contact calypso support as that should be the last planet you were on, right? Not sure what your main issue is, but have you checked in tools on the client, then where it says dynamic content? Download what you need.

~Mark~

I downloaded today all planets and areas. From the dymanic content tab in the tools I can see that all areas are 100% and that I have 0 B(ytes?) left to download. I believe I have all files downloaded

I'd suggest repairing your installation then just incase if u've not done so by now. If problem persists just wait on support & see what they advice. If the advice is copy/paste then I guess its time for a full reinstallation. GL.

Some times i get that message too after an update.
You just have to wait through it till it finishes downloading whatever it is that's not included in the main files and you'll be fine.

thx

Well support gave me a list of things to check and guess what, one of them did the trick. I i managed to get back in game.
Here it is

9. Set the Download thread count to 1 in the tools menu of the client loader.

I ve never read anything about this in the forums , maybe it will help some other ppl in the future.

+rep to support

Sry I dont mean to make a zombie post, but I had the same problem today.

This post and the way Nikos suggested helped me out.

I got back in and thank you for the post, Nikos, +rep to you.

Also thx to google, yes, I googled it first and didnt do search on forum first :p

Back