Droning On.....

Isiselyn

Old
Society
OldTimers
Isis Sissi Innana
I have decided to see if I can make a profit from killing drones. I intend to complete an initial 50 runs on drones using same equipment, number of cells, etc and, if showing profit at this point, may extend to a further 50 runs. I intend to only use the ped for the initial buy from the ped I already have so will need to sell loot each time in order to restock for next hunt. I intend this experiment to be self sufficient.

During this experiment I will also track the level of my dodge skill, any skill unlocks and note any loots I have not previously received from drones and (if luck prevails) any globals or hofs.

I am using p5a with a105, Taurus with a104, 15k each of medium and light weapon cells, T10 and ek-2350 faps.

My starting dodge level is 321.

Okay, now I have bored you all with the details I guess it's back to Jason.......

1st Run

Here's the results from my 1st run for anyone not yet bored to tears....

Initial cells, equipment, etc = 729.57ped
Dodge level at start = 321

Dodge at end = 386 (65 added)
Unlocked Ranged Damage Assessment :)

New loots:
Basic Electronic Fluid Memory
Thermadure Robot Plastic
Hydraulic Manifold
Blue and Light Green Paints

Globals/ Hofs = 0

Cells & equipment used = 418.01
Unused cells & loots = 276.49
Total = -141.52

Running total = -141.52ped

Gl with yar project, it might go welll if ya stick to it and if you have a bit of luck...drones rnt verry hard to break even/profit on them in long run in my opinion...unless MA had allready made theyr lootsystem more `dynamic` :)

Thanks..... I may need it ;)

Wipe them out!:handgun:

Good luck with these :)

subscribing...

curious on what armor your using :)

Subscribing

Best of luck!

subscribing...

curious on what armor your using :)

zomg! armour on drones?!?!?! wth, that will decay like crasy with that low dodge... ok put on some pixie and 6a plates.. and get rid of that ek2350.. use a sk20 or something.. the fap your using is the devil!!

subscribing...

if you want to sell any Hydraulic Manifolds you loot, I'll buy them off you for tt+1

What armour are you using?
Also a good idea to take a Vivo T1 for cheap healing between Drones.
And the Ek-2350 is a killer on PEDs, a Ek-2600 is also a killer but better heal per sec and slightly better eco so good for an emergency FAP.

The armour I'm wearing is vigi 6a and my main fap is the T10- the other is more for emergencies ;) I will review all equipment & armour at 50 runs but want to stay consistent from the get go. I didn't include armour itself in the equation as i may take a few hits from faux etc as only using melee weapons on other mobs and my shortblade and whip levels are pants lol. I will wear the vigi 6a for all 50 runs though to keep it a fair test.

Will keep your offer in mind GeorgeSkywalker. You will be welcome to them as I have no use for them :)

The armour I'm wearing is vigi 6a and my main fap is the T10- the other is more for emergencies ;) I will review all equipment & armour at 50 runs but want to stay consistent from the get go. I didn't include armour itself in the equation as i may take a few hits from faux etc as only using melee weapons on other mobs and my shortblade and whip levels are pants lol. I will wear the vigi 6a for all 50 runs though to keep it a fair test.

Will keep your offer in mind GeorgeSkywalker. You will be welcome to them as I have no use for them :)

You could always restart after adjusting your setup. Those are wise words and some useful advice people have given.

In the end its your choice.

If you need an emergency FAP wearing Vigi+6a then you are hunting well above your level.

Do I understand correctly that you are not including armour decay in your profit/loss calculation? If so, your figures will be totally misleading. Your armour decay is going to be huge in that setup.

I will adjust my figures to reflect the armour and factor it in so that the figures are more accurate and will aim to avoid other mobs as much as possible.

I only used the ek-2350 once during my 1st run, and only after a green dot bleached too close to me and I was suddenly surrounded by over 20 drones mostly gen 04 to 06. I only take on an amount I can comfortably handle but an inherited bunch was not planned for and there are few places round Jason where you are far from green dots. I also chose not to finish any drones already started as I never kill steal and try to give other players as much chance as possible to get back. Sometimes this means taking a few hits but they generally get back fairly fast and finish them off.

My pixie is incomplete and, as one of our children has my shogun, my only other set of armour I have in store at present is my gremmy. I am not too worried at the moment though. The 1st run was the worst one I have had on drones in a while for loot. Staying positive and looking forward to it only being one bad run ;)

zomg! armour on drones?!?!?! wth, that will decay like crasy with that low dodge... ok put on some pixie and 6a plates.. and get rid of that ek2350.. use a sk20 or something.. the fap your using is the devil!!

you are correct on the pixie 6a. i would only use ek 2350 as panic fap and since she is using t10 i assume she cant' use sk20 yet.

btw that is the popular misconception that armour cost you money. the wrong armor costs you money, but the right one actually saves you money and time (fapping = more time spent).

if i was you with your dodger i would go to the 01/02 drone camp a bit fruther east of jason and use unplated vigi, pixie 6a, shogun unplated... there is a long list of options that will provide you good protection in which you would see a lot of 1.0 (which means your over protected).

vigi 6a is like 3 or 4 pecs a hit and is horrible unless you got great dodger and going up against constant big drones.

oh i just noticed in a post you said you got gremlin armor. you can use that with 3b or unplated and do fine as well.. it is very eco setup.

Best of luck with the project but at this time don't exect good resuslts...we going through bad times

ahh don t use vigi for low drone i think shogun +6a could be really better or gremlin too because vigi decays alot :'-(

But Gl in your project and do a big hof :p

I don't want to sound like too much of a broken record here but the cost of finishing your pixie set is going to be less than the difference in decay using vigi+6a at your dodge level for a single run. Other suggestion, in the case of "I was suddenly surrounded by over 20 drones mostly gen 04 to 06", just die and come back ;)

Other than that good luck, I'm almost ready to join you in that area myself for a while once I finish up a few other things, albeit with a completely different setup, only our a104's are common.

Good luck on your quest :D

And as other have pointed out, ek-2350 is a bad choice, I'd suggest a (L) fap if you have the skills to use at least sk-20 (L), or FAP-80 if you don't yet. And in terms of armour, back when I was a wee little noob (not very long ago really), I used kobold + 5c, which was perfect for smaller drones and could help against normal animals as well.

Pixie is completely useless against drones, so don't listen to them :p

Good luck on your quest :D

And as other have pointed out, ek-2350 is a bad choice, I'd suggest a (L) fap if you have the skills to use at least sk-20 (L), or FAP-80 if you don't yet. And in terms of armour, back when I was a wee little noob (not very long ago really), I used kobold + 5c, which was perfect for smaller drones and could help against normal animals as well.

Pixie is completely useless against drones, so don't listen to them :p

actually, its not about the pixie. the plates put on will provide enough stopping power to warant off other protecting parts.
the reason for pixie is simple: due to not offering protection against a type of damage there will be no decay. since your plates are induvidual attachments only they will decay.

- note that pixie isnt the only armor that can be used in such matters. any armour not providing protection against the type of damage dealt will not decay. this allows for setups to be made against multiple and variable mobs without having extreme amounts of decay from having protection against 1 type doubled.

As many have said your choice of armor will effect your returns somewhat:

While building up your dodge and hp you may want to look at these setups in order:

Vigi (unplated) or Shogun + 6a

Then you can try Pixie + 6a / Explorer + 6a

then finally hit something like Valiant + 3b when suitably dodged up ;)

I understand the properties for carrying plates, but it is just as easy to wear an armour with similar protections as the plates, and not plate it.. or find something in between, wear armour with a little bit of protection and wear plates with a little bit of protection. Hence why I suggested kobold and 5c, kobold has 8 burn protection, and enough impact to protect against other creatures as well. And 5c are the little brother to 6a, so they won't decay as much.

I understand the properties for carrying plates, but it is just as easy to wear an armour with similar protections as the plates, and not plate it.. or find something in between, wear armour with a little bit of protection and wear plates with a little bit of protection. Hence why I suggested kobold and 5c, kobold has 8 burn protection, and enough impact to protect against other creatures as well. And 5c are the little brother to 6a, so they won't decay as much.

u will have lower decay on plates then armor due to protecting from specific types, however the armor has various other protections and will probably decay unnecesarry (fuck the spelling of that i can never get it right)

Unnecessary... or necessary?

If you're hunting drones, you don't want to be killed by that atrax that snuck up on you, or at least have a ridiculous first aid bill because you have no protection against them. As long as you're not seeing 1.0s more than 20% of the time, you're not over protected, and it will actually be cheaper than if you had to fap it off.

I really think you should review your armour and start again, 50 runs with Vigi 6a could be costing you over 10 PED in wasted decay per run, ie 500 PED or more!

The average Drone at Jason is around Gen2 and you rarely see anything above Gen6. So looking at all the options people have recommended:

Vigilante 6A
Gen2 average damage per hit = 1
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 3.4
Gen6 average damage per hit = 3.6
Gen6 average decay per hit = 4.1

Shogun 6a
Gen2 average damage per hit = 1
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 2.6
Gen6 average damage per hit = 11.4
Gen6 average decay per hit = 2.9

Gremlin 6A
Gen2 average damage per hit = 1.2
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 2.4
Gen6 average damage per hit = 13.9
Gen6 average decay per hit = 2.6

Explorer 6a
Gen2 average damage per hit = 2.5
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 2.1
Gen6 average damage per hit = 17.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 2.3

Kobold 5C
Gen2 average damage per hit = 5.4
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.7
Gen6 average damage per hit = 23.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 1.8

Vigilante no plates
Gen2 average damage per hit = 6.6
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.8
Gen6 average damage per hit = 21.7
Gen6 average decay per hit = 2.3

Gremlin 3B
Gen2 average damage per hit = 6.9
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.5
Gen6 average damage per hit = 25.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 1.5

Pixie 6A
Gen2 average damage per hit = 8.6
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.7
Gen6 average damage per hit = 25.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 2.0

Valiant 3B
Gen2 average damage per hit = 12.7
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.1
Gen6 average damage per hit = 31.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 1.1

Shogun no plates
Gen2 average damage per hit = 14.2
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 1.1
Gen6 average damage per hit = 33.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 1.1

Gremlin no plates
Gen2 average damage per hit = 17.2
Gen2 average decay per hit (PEC) = 0.8
Gen6 average damage per hit = 36.8
Gen6 average decay per hit = 0.8

So from the numbers, DO NOT use Vigi 6A, if you like to be well protected and you have Gremlin then use Gremlin 6A and save over 40% on armour decay (it's what I use).

It you want light protection forget Pixie 6A, you are better off using your Vigilante unplated.

Gypsy

kebplay did have some very nice advice though and I would agree about the Gremlin + 6A setup working just fine.

Pixie + 6A however is quite insane due to the decay the plates would take. With 300-400 dodge you would have to cut down your hunts enormously since the decayed plates will surely make you get hit for a lot more. Not to mention that your FAP decay will become quite troublesome.

The best advice I can give is to use what you feel most comfortable with. Vigi for instance is one hell of an armor and I use it daily. From my experiences it decays just as much as the next armor when it comes to protection per PEC. I might agree that 6A is a bit too much, but if you choose something else you might be sick of having to FAP more often than you're used to. There's also a thing called over-FAP'ing that's not mentioned too often. ;)

Subscribing, not done bots for a while, you might get me interested again :D

Good luck with your quest, whatever settings you decide to use in the end

good luck!!!!!

Pink

Well i didn't saw so far Shogun + 3B option ; this is what i usually use and it works great for me; note that i have a little more dodge then u though (around 1600 ) but still i feel that sometimes when i go unplated shogun i have to fap too much for me to like

Back