Suggestion: Drop Nano Cubes in all Loots....

Post_History

Prowler
Society
Space Police
PostHistory PostHistory Hax
Hello... :) I think I have a solution to EP's and Economy in general.

This is a Three way system...
Remove Nano Cubes from Trade Terminal.
Make Nano Cubes refinable into Universal Ammo @(101%).
Make Nano Cubes Auction able.

Here is how I see it working...

Hunting:
Instead of the normal Shrapnel you get Nano Cubes.
You still get your Bonus Shrapnel.

Mining:
Remove no resource found and return decay % in Nano Cube.

Crafting:
Cut residue by 50% and put Nano Cube in its place @ 50%

Hypophysis:-

Nano Cube maximum MU Value should theoretically be 101%
MU on Residue will increase (Good for crafters)
Mining has a way to cycle more per the decay...
Hunting has a new reason to shoot more mobs...

no, thanks.... that would make mining and crafting worse...
atm getting min 104% MU on mining and more than 101% for residue...

Last edited:
I can see benefits

at the same time, remove ammo from the trade terminal and make create a new blueprint that requires 3 pecs of explosives to create 1 universal ammo.

Seriously though, been suggested before how to solve it... make trade terminal not take explosives, similar to how it treats universal ammo... craft it, use it. Nuff said

Last edited:
no, thanks.... that would make mining and crafting worse...
atm getting min 104% MU on mining and more than 101% for residue...

Second that!

No thanks to this idea, makes situation even worse.

Imo they should have used shrapnel instead of nano-cubes for EP-bps.

I second that. Shrapnel + Sweat as fuel for the explosive projectiles :ahh:

at the same time, remove ammo from the trade terminal and make create a new blueprint that requires 3 pecs of explosives to create 1 universal ammo.

Good thing I can still repair
my knife.

Hello... :) I think I have a solution to EP's and Economy in general.

This is a Three way system...
Remove Nano Cubes from Trade Terminal.
Make Nano Cubes refinable into Universal Ammo @(101%).
Make Nano Cubes Auction able.

Let me explain the economic concept of nanocubes.

Nanocubes are what is called a dilutant, something that has no markup that is used to lower the effective markup inflicted by rarer materials in a crafting recipe.

When we buy nanocubes, it is the same as having 0 markup ammo being able to offset the decay/markup of our weapon, amp, etc.
It is the same as having probes at the TT to lower the effective cost of the finders to something reasonable.
It is the same as having ammo use on an amp or gun instead of pure decay, and why they changed the ArMatrix long/short blades to use ammo!!!! This allows those things to be WORTH ANY MARKUP AT ALL.

Without it, we wouldn't be able to pay any crafters or hunters ANY markup because effective cost of doing anything would be so great. It's already bad for hunting. Really bad. Always has been.

What they did is added an intelligent feature to crafting, and now you want to remove it, because you lack economic grasp and possibly other critical necessities to understanding economic nature of a system in which we all depend on. Please stow the suggestions.

Your suggestion comes here out of greed, wanting to see more markup in your loot, and force other people to play the game the way you want them to: you want them to pay you markup that allows YOU to survive from your loot and are having trouble, which they are already working on(Look at ArMatrix series weapons once again, first time the crafting system is somewhat reasonable!)

Let me explain further how crafting works:
You have inputs, and ~33% success overall in practice.
You lose estimated 10% TT at the machine OR MORE, but I'm being very very nice to Mindark. They need to adjust that.

This means already, effective markup receives a 30% of TT + 3x effective multiplier on any average markup you pay for your recipes. This means most people are slot machine crafting and losing their asses off and never making their money back already! Bad!!!

Now if you have a receipt that for example is using something that is 105% markup as the dilutant, you already have 115% markup on the outgoing item + 30% of its TT input costs. For a 6 ped click, that means we need to charge on LONG RUNS(which often can't be done) 4.8 ped markup..
We currently have two systems in place to regulate and amplify your markup you get from mining or hunting:
First, nanocubes on the input keep effective input markup down, they dilute the markup of your hunting loot so it is less insane to make your items for you at a nice price! This means crafters can afford to pay any markup on anything in the first place.
NEXT, we have residue to amplify the click based TT results of an item up to the effective TT of a whole item, which is already based on something we get from crafting and have to trade. It is more reasonable to use a traded resource(your auction based nanocubes are already residues....just saying. output dilutant) to raise from 6 ped to 108 ped TT for various items for example, because there are no crafting mechanics that introduce a markup-multiplier to the picture.

On the input we can't afford to pay markup on the dilutant, that's because of the 3x + 30% TT multiplier inflicted by the current crafting system. And if they made everything a success, the market would be flooded. If they lowered the TT of items and made it a success every time, then we couldn't pay markup because we couldn't dilute on the outgoing side to save ourselves.

No thanks, do not put these requested changes in. Would ruin our economy because some hunter thinks it would help his shitty loot.

AND NO DO NOT TOUCH THE MINING SYSTEM.

Last edited:
I second that. Shrapnel + Sweat as fuel for the explosive projectiles :ahh:

Clearly you are not a crafter.

So explosive projectiles are NOT GAMBLING BLUEPRINTS but everyone wants to treat them as such. Clearly you should investigate them a bit further than making foolish suggestions.

They are a player paying in order to either I guess take a risk for their own self destructive tendencies, OR more appropriately:
They generate a lot of residue without paying markup for the generation process.
They allow players to skill explosives inexpensively, when already through fails to explode or glitches bugging the explosion so it doesn't apply damage the process is insanely expensive, too rich for my blood, when it shouldn't be.

They uncover blueprints without having to sink tremendous amounts of markup into the economy, which is currently necessary due to how fast the economy is changing and how badly it needs stimulation from crafters.

Once the economy is more healthy, then possibly, we might be able to see a day where part of the blueprint could be effectively made high volume, low markup materials, but not right now before serious crafting changes hit.

Once the economy is more healthy, then possibly, we might be able to see a day where part of the blueprint could be effectively made high volume, low markup materials, but not right now before serious crafting changes hit.

This is where I stand as well. From the perspective of a miner, I don't want EP to be touched if it means crafting starts to die out again. I DO want MA to stimulate crafting as much as possible because without it there will be no miners or hunters or Entropia Universe for that matter.

So far they seem to be heading in the right direction - has anyone seen the markup of historic "TT trash" such as Garcen & Alicenies? Caldorite was at 108% earlier this week. Lysterium is holding around 104%. We're slowly making progress.

Don't rip off the band-aid before the wound is healed.

Let me explain the economic concept of nanocubes.

Nanocubes are what is called a dilutant, something that has no markup that is used to lower the effective markup inflicted by rarer materials in a crafting recipe.

When we buy nanocubes, it is the same as having 0 markup ammo being able to offset the decay/markup of our weapon, amp, etc.
It is the same as having probes at the TT to lower the effective cost of the finders to something reasonable.
It is the same as having ammo use on an amp or gun instead of pure decay, and why they changed the ArMatrix long/short blades to use ammo!!!! This allows those things to be WORTH ANY MARKUP AT ALL.

Without it, we wouldn't be able to pay any crafters or hunters ANY markup because effective cost of doing anything would be so great. It's already bad for hunting. Really bad. Always has been.

Yeah armatrix LR-35 bought at 117,33% is effectively 101,134% MU per shot. Even if buying at 126,67% MU it's still only 102,1% MU per shot

Interesting concept that a lot of people don't like because their afraid of change.
So what would OP say to the idea of making Nano Cubes by refining from shrapnel and sweat for a simple 1:1 ratio?

+ REP to Psynergy

I loved to read your post, although I did know that already.

Sadly the greed will be stronger and people like Post_History give a shit about crafters or economy, they just want more money for their loots.

Thats all about this remove/rework EPIV BP discussions.

I hope MA will never listen to this part of the comunity and leave the Explo BPs how it is.

Interesting that I am seen as a Greedy Hunter... when I....

Mine More often
and Craft what I want if I can do it cheaper than buy it...
And Hunt for Materials I need....

Sure Greedy hunter it is :)

It is an Idea that has merit IMHO crafting is to make something out of materials!! not singular

Cannot see what I have suggested would break mining...

and to those Stupid Crafters out there who complain about MU... The idea is to sell at a profit not a loss to undercut your fellow crafters... though I do enjoy this as it saves me having to find materials...

Interesting concept that a lot of people don't like because their afraid of change.
So what would OP say to the idea of making Nano Cubes by refining from shrapnel and sweat for a simple 1:1 ratio?

Interesting but would make the Crafters go nuts....

Mine More often

Ofc it is greedy hunter, when you want to only spend TT value (UL gear + TT ammo) while getting shit loads of MU from crafters =)

Actualy whole economic system and flow in it can be saved and increased without huge changes to "big3" ( crafting,hunting,mining). All what it need to blossom is inevitability of using all 3 profesions to circle money.

Example :

Crafters craft guns and armors for hunters from resources provided by miners( no guns and armors in hunting or mining loot )
Miners mine oresfor crafters from resurces provided by hunters (like using oil to make mining probes craftable only like EP )
Hunters hunt for oils and provide " ammo" for miners, while using gear provided by crafters

Novadays it is possible to hunt or mine without full cycle through all branches of big3. Especialy crafters are self-sufficient as craft machines are for free and there are BP's coimng out of crafting loot, but also hunters can hunt regularly without involving miners and crafters into process.

Also making whole ammo, mining probes and nano cubes ( as basic craft ingridient) easily craftable by anyone even with zero skils would boost that process but will require some deeper changes into system like changing some crafting receipes.

2 types of crafter in this game..

1. The gambler- uses EPs and Gizmos and many older BPs that quite honestly are only run for res and BP drops.
With the newer BPs they don't even have to use materials from game just from the TT. They
contribute little to the game as they rarely even bother to sell their res but dump that to TT
also. They just want those expensive BPs ( to try and profit from other crafters with frankly
ridiculous mu on raw BPs) and a big fat swirly to boost their ped cards.
They are a cash cow for MA as I very much doubt they win overall, but like all gamblers
they 'know' that the big one is just a few clicks away.

2. The manufacturer - makes the stuff that other players wants to buy. Relies on mu (when selling) and is
constrained by mu (when buying mats..as not enough time to gather all yourself if a regular crafter)
They contribute to the economy of the game both as buyer and sells, yet they see remarkably few good BP
drops as they seem to go to those with the really huge runs, and that wont happen when making items.
Their returns average is surprisingly if not appallingly low (please don't anyone mention 85% or I'll cry), and
while the rebalancing has helped as we now get more residue and unused mats returned to us.. it is still
horribly frustrating to see all those swirlies from the gamblers, to know no matter how hard you craft the
chance of getting onto the top 100 leader board is almost impossible unless you also gamble. It is hard to
maintain player interest if their are not emotional boosts like that.. pride may be a sin.. but hey it is also a
great motivator

Mine More often

It is an Idea that has merit IMHO crafting is to make something out of materials!! not singular

Cannot see what I have suggested would break mining...

and to those Stupid Crafters out there who complain about MU... The idea is to sell at a profit not a loss to undercut your fellow crafters... though I do enjoy this as it saves me having to find materials...

That's weird, on our society forum you are tagged with a black label, which means we cannot buy from you because you are a pirate?
You are a hunter?

1. The gambler- uses EPs are only run for res and BP drops and gems.
They don't even have to use materials from game just from the TT.

2. The manufacturer - makes the stuff that other players wants to buy. Grinds for L BPs on some TT food UL BPs to
be able to manufacture higher tier items. Relies on mu (when selling) and is
constrained by mu (when buying mats..as not enough time to gather all yourself if a regular crafter)
They contribute to the economy of the game both as buyer and sells, yet they see remarkably few good BP
drops as they seem to go to those with the really huge runs, and that wont happen when making items.
Their returns average is surprisingly if not appallingly low (please don't anyone mention 85% or I'll cry), and
while the rebalancing has helped as we now get more residue and unused mats returned to us.. it is still
horribly frustrating to see all those swirlies from the gamblers, to know no matter how hard you craft the
chance of getting onto the top 100 leader board is almost impossible unless you also gamble. It is hard to
maintain player interest if their are not emotional boosts like that.. pride may be a sin.. but hey it is also a
great motivator

corrected it.
Btw, all the tech gizmos need hunted material + nanocube.

That's weird, on our society forum you are tagged with a black label, which means we cannot buy from you because you are a pirate?
You are a hunter?

Yes Spawn you would be right!!! not like the folk who talk out the rear of a mule... or is that a horse?

But what I offer to the community is genuine in intent as a sick economy serves me no benefit.

Regards

1. The gambler- uses EPs and Gizmos and many older BPs that quite honestly are only run for res and BP drops.
With the newer BPs they don't even have to use materials from game just from the TT. They
contribute little to the game as they rarely even bother to sell their res but dump that to TT
also. They just want those expensive BPs ( to try and profit from other crafters with frankly
ridiculous mu on raw BPs) and a big fat swirly to boost their ped cards.
They are a cash cow for MA as I very much doubt they win overall, but like all gamblers
they 'know' that the big one is just a few clicks away.

2. The manufacturer - makes the stuff that other players wants to buy. Relies on mu (when selling) and is
great motivator

@Alukat123 aka the self-imposed Pro EPIV rep with no good argument as to why it should remain.....

This did not need correcting nothing was miss typed or spelt wrong... if you have a view that differs maybe say it this way? but to miss quote and rehash what was said to say something else is just wrong.

This did not need correcting nothing was miss typed or spelt wrong... if you have a view that differs maybe say it this way? but to miss quote and rehash what was said to say something else is just wrong.

Granted, could have done it in another way.
However, it's exactly the way i've written it. If there wouldn't be the grind on TT food stuff, there would f.e. not be a single space thruster, sleipnir, quad-wing, warp drive in the auction, ever.
Point being, without grind on TT-food items many items simply wouldn't be avaible at all and the whole economy would simply collapse or people would just have to use low tech, which would not happen, because too much UL gear around.

As it goes for EP staying in the game, hunters/miners can hunt/mine by only buying tt stuff (repairs & ammo/probes), so crafters should be able too.
Btw, i haven't clicked EP in ages, but i'd like to have EP III BP for grinding out 95% return, when there was shit return again..

Granted, could have done it in another way.
However, it's exactly the way i've written it. If there wouldn't be the grind on TT food stuff, there would f.e. not be a single space thruster, sleipnir, quad-wing, warp drive in the auction, ever.
Point being, without grind on TT-food items many items simply wouldn't be avaible at all and the whole economy would simply collapse or people would just have to use low tech, which would not happen, because too much UL gear around.

So its totally fair in your view that Explosives cannot be brought from the TT?

It is totally fair that you TT the Explosives rather than selling to people that want to use them for no MU?

Wait what? :D

So its totally fair in your view that Explosives cannot be brought from the TT?

It is totally fair that you TT the Explosives rather than selling to people that want to use them for no MU?

Wait what? :D

so it is totally fair that hunters/miners have to only spend TT (repair & ammo/probes) but every crafter should buy for MU from hunters/miners?

so it is totally fair that hunters/miners have to only spend TT (repair & ammo/probes) but every crafter should buy for MU from hunters/miners?

Totally off topic... in relation to this thread... this thread would overcome what your saying.. RTFFP

Totally off topic... in relation to this thread... this thread would overcome what your saying.. RTFFP

look at what i've responded too (grannys post), look at what you've responded too (my response to grannys post)

stop switching subjects :D

let's face it post history, all you want to make while large profits while crafters have to pay the whole game :D

Back