Dune Official Trailer

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
Dune Part II the 2nd Trailer

Dune Part II Trailer

So excited for this movie!

Edit: I'm even more excited for part two!! Let's go!!!

Dune Part II 2nd Trailer dropped today!

#Hype!!!!!!

Last edited:
Seems very different from the original one ??

It looks great. I like Denis Villeneuve's style of film-making and I think he did a decent job on Blade Runner 2049. I also really liked Sicario and Arrival a great deal. I've been a huge fan of Dune and even though people crab about the 1984 version it left an indelible mark on my imagination when I saw it. Just like The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, the Dune series of books are difficult to bring to the big screen and please all the fans.

I am sure there will be a lot of crabbing about the new version and people have already thrown fits over the gender change of Liet Kynes. It seemed like a unnecessary change in my opinion but maybe it will change the dynamic of the story for the better.

I am the bearer of bad news. :(

I am a bummed but totally understand why the decision was made. I know theaters in my city aren't open and more than likely will remain closed for quite some time.

I read the novel 5 times.. when i saw this trailer the first time, I actually cried

My father is HUGELY into Dune. He has read all the books loads of times (Dune, God Emporer Dune, Children of Dune, and about another 6 or 7 I think.)

I remember the first movie.

Hope this one is better.

I read the novel 5 times.. when i saw this trailer the first time, I actually cried
I'm just so happy it fell in the hands of Denis Villenueve to direct it.

I'm not sure. It'll probably be the best a cinematic experience of our time can be. I read the books a few years before the first film adaptation, and it was widely established back then that it was an impossible order to turn this into a believable movie, i.e. something which does the original work justice. I still think we aren't any closer, regardless how much visualization techniques have improved. We'll get a better version of the 1984 movie, but hardly a deeper one. And anyone who hasn't experienced immersing themselves into the 700+ pages of fine print that were the first novel doesn't know the heck what I'm talking about. If you can read, the movie is created right in your head like no special effects can, and then some with all the mental stuff we have no technology of transmitting at all... except plain old letters in black and white. I keep hearing that an ever greater number of young people never gets that experience. And then you try to explain it to them like you would try to describe the world to someone who is born blind. Tragic.

Last edited:
Guess what opens Oct 22nd stateside... 😁 😄 can't wait!!

Wow the 2016 Arrival was one of my favorite movies - had no idea until just now that was because Denis Villeneuve directed it lol. He is top director no doubt.

Apparently we can watch it at home if we have HBO Max. Can't wait.
:beerchug:

One of the earlier remakes failed because the director was so against guns he took out the Weirding Module weapons. That IS what made the ruling family so powerful in the book.

This movie was a visual eyeopener, when i saw it in the cinema a couple of weeks ago.

The displayed architecture, the dimensions!
The wideness, the height, the scales!

True eyecandy!

I can't wait to see Part 2!

One of the earlier remakes failed because the director was so against guns he took out the Weirding Module weapons. That IS what made the ruling family so powerful in the book.
lol, no they are not even in the books.
All they speak of is the weirding way, totally different thing then what David Lynch imagined.

Wow! What a phenomenal film. Saw it in an iMax theatre, and the sound was incredible during certain scenes. It really added to the whole experience. What a beautiful film. I really enjoyed the score and cannot wait for part II. It lived up to the hype, for me. I will definitely be seeing this 2 or 3 more times before its out of the theatre. Although it did cut some things from the book, in no way do I think it detracted or hurt the story. I'm just left wanting more, what a fantastic movie!

I loved it too - actually wish I never watched those previews - it really was a good bit of the cool content from the film. I think it should have been a bit longer even.

I watched it on HBO Max (big TV and surround sound). I thought it was good. But I also watched the trailer way too many times and I thought a lot of the best scenes are in the trailer :)

Saw it today and HOLY SHIT awesome. Wife and I went through all the great scifi movies and compared them against this one with an eye for "pure entertainment value"

Dune > Bladerunner
Dune > Star Wars 4
Alien > Dune
Dune > Aliens
Star Wars 5 > Dune
Dune > T2
Matrix > Dune

It's right there with the god-tier scifi movies of the past. See this in the theater!

Wow! What a phenomenal film. Saw it in an iMax theatre, and the sound was incredible during certain scenes. It really added to the whole experience. What a beautiful film. I really enjoyed the score and cannot wait for part II. It lived up to the hype, for me. I will definitely be seeing this 2 or 3 more times before its out of the theatre. Although it did cut some things from the book, in no way do I think it detracted or hurt the story. I'm just left wanting more, what a fantastic movie!
How do you get the moving GIF banner to work on the forums?

"what comes as no surprise, the sequel for Dune finally has been greenlighted for a October 20, 2023 theatrical release with director, producer and co-screenwriter Denis Villeneuve returning."

How it wasn't greenlit beforehand is beyond me, absolutely bonkers. But, there ya have it. Part II, only 2 more years!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back