Duplicating info (LA owners take notice!)

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
As of yesterday, in particular, a lot of the hunting data is duplicating - making the EL data set fake. If you have a land area event that works with globals - make sure you filter all this out before you pay out - or you'll get hosed.

Meculus was notified on Skype.

+rep for noticing and announcing. Oh wait never mind, rep system gone! I can react with a "wow" though ?

This is unfortunately not the first time.
I already happend several times this year already.

Thank you for notifying the land owner as it can indeed cause problems.

maybe a data mining issue caused from various other sites

I don't think it has anything to do with the EL client. I have seen duplicated globals on my own chat when high lag spikes occur. I have also seen duplicated globals on twitch streams.

:rolleyes:

I don't think it has anything to do with the EL client. I have seen duplicated globals on my own chat when high lag spikes occur. I have also seen duplicated globals on twitch streams.

:rolleyes:

It is with EL. Started more frequently yesterday as they were down repeatedly during the day. The globals don't occur back to back. They happen at 9-15 minute intervals after they have occurred. It is regularly duplicating my own globals (and rockets). I can confirm this problem (that I have reported......)

Thank you for flagging! I leave you a +Rep (in spirit). :LOL:

With all of the various custom chats and damages ( live steals, heal over times, ect) in the chatlog now, you have to have a properly threaded chat logger, which I doubt EL has. Considering the number of clients they need nowadays just to verify globals, seems they are not threading at all and still relying on just reading the chatlog file, which is nearly impossible to correctly do without losses on a log as busy as entropias.

Thankfully I use my own for my landarea events, but its great to see the warning. I do not seem to have any of these issues with my tracker, but it is heavily threaded to handle all of the live data.

I recently purchased the land area package there and realized that mining globals are not tracking at all thru EL either. Zero show despite known Hofs/globals.
So be warned on that also, if you spend the however many 10's of k's of points to unlock that data, its not complete.

I remember working with starfinder(the guy who built EL) and the EL API when he had it and his setup is a fairly oddball one, but very logical. But I am not sure the new owners really bothered to learn judging by all the issues of the years. The API was broken a very long time after he sold, maybe still is.

Back