Easter Mayhem 2018 Results

I didn't say that the timer reset on mob kill. (It don't)

But I assume you didn't kill when you said:
Once I was overwhelmed with mobs I resurrected asap, healed, then started firing rockets towards the pedestal to get newly spawned mobs back on me.

And 40 second timer is on 3rd death, so 40 + is at least 4.

I wasn't trying to kill mobs at that point, so I probably didn't. I was simply trying to keep them off the pedestal.

It may have been 3rd death. I remember thinking "40 seconds.... I'm F'd" I was right.

There did come a point in the instance when if you did die, it was very difficult to recover (this is why it was imperative that I not die at all in my final run) as you would just die repeatedly - so a 40 second respawn timer isn't very surprising to me.

I wasn't trying to kill mobs at that point, so I probably didn't. I was simply trying to keep them off the pedestal.

It may have been 3rd death. I remember thinking "40 seconds.... I'm F'd" I was right.

That bold is one of the exploits I posted to increase time. No spending and stuck mobs is not strategy is exploit. In defence mode (like tower defence games) YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL MOBS ! Not agro and stuck ... Simple like that. Case solved. Have fun.

That bold is one of the exploits I posted to increase time. No spending and stuck mobs is not strategy is exploit. In defence mode (like tower defence games) YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL MOBS ! Not agro and stuck ... Simple like that. Case solved. Have fun.

I never got mobs stuck - they were chasing and damaging me constantly. I don't know where the swarm stayed the few times I died.

The time increase on rez limted the number of 'strategic' deaths possible, which I avoided anyways.

I was spending, very heavily; both in offensive costs and defensive. For these mobs damage to kill me through Perseus or Mayhem (I forget which I used for this run) +plates, it took multiple criticals, which means I was getting hit a lot, with high MU decay. I was also nearly constantly firing rockets, while that costs less / sec due to no amps, it is a real cost - especially since I had ZERO recovery from loot - which means my net costs per minute were significantly higher than trying to kill everything.

The goal of Annihilation was to kill mobs; I did well there. The goal of Defense was to avoid damage to the pedestal.

Been away a few days, came back to this huge thread...

Just to recap, it's been like 13 years since MA introduced that Mob can not be damaged thing when stuck? It's also been a few years since MA banned other means of exploiting (VTOL hunting), basically finding creative ways of either killing a mob other than shooting at it and letting it approach you and then looting it or finding a way for finishing an event through a cheaper method other than the intended way has always been frowned upon and called an exploit.

If you run out of peds and can't shoot anymore that's basically an unfortunate occurrence that signifies the end of the event for the said player. Finding other ways to complete a minimum hour requirement without shooting can be considered an exploit.

Getting uber armor in a low cat and simply tagging all the creatures (rockets?) until the outer layer of mobs can't reach you and thus protecting the beacon, though not specifically named in the event rules as an exploit, can be considered in a hunting event as an exploit, since gathering armor decay is not hunting.

That being said, I do consider that a permanent ban from future events a bit harsh, could be given a time limit maybe. Say 1 year ban? At least for exploits that weren't specifically named in the rules.

I don't now more about your case.
We players can only makes assumptions.
It's in MA's hands now.

For sure I'm happy that MA finally try to works against exploiters/cheaters, you name it.
But I don't want, and I guess nobody wants, peoples wrongly accused.

Let's hope for the next event they will do this:

1. Let peoples run the instances 15/30 days before the real event.
For training, and more to let time to players to discover and report the possibles exploits.

2. Make sure that the rules, what is allowed and what is not, is clearly defined before the event start.

Yes, "I want to believe" that if players really wants a fair game, maybe MA will finally do it... :)

1. Let peoples run the instances 15/30 days before the real event.
For training, and more to let time to players to discover and report the possibles exploits....

We really should not have to play QA for MindArk on their behalf, at least not without compensation.

In my opinion if you just ran around with mobs on you at the end, trying to keep mobs off the Data Interceptor, that is fine. If you died several times intentionally stranding mobs away from the target that seems like an exploit to me.

Freedom for Colbey!

Hell, I don't know this guy but ey... He protected that f*cking thing in the middle. There was NO rule to kill that stupid mobs. If using brain in contests is a problem for MA, maybe they should hire some staff to use brain in tokensales.

Exploits? Cheating? Wtf. IF!! Colbey's Story is true, he got DQ'd for BRAINING!!!

P.S. just my 2 Cents

We really should not have to play QA for MindArk on their behalf, at least not without compensation.

For sure, but unless you get hired by MA, I don't see any other option. :)

Because I guess MA already test new stuff before they add it, but obviously it's not enough... :rolleyes:

As for compensation, I agree.

They already gave something to the peoples that reported possible exploit that we are talking about now.
Several reports of potential exploits in the Easter Mayhem event have been received. Rewards will be given to the participants who first alerted our support team to these issues.

(https://www.planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2018/03/30/7549/index.xml)

So now it would be better if this could happens before the event... :yup:

Unintended consequences at their best.

• make scoring based on time;
  • people will mark time by any means available;
  • SURPRISE!!1!

If you want people to kill bots, make scoring based on kill count, e.g., "338 bots killed before transmitter destroyed".

Problem solved.

If you want people to kill bots, make scoring based on kill count, e.g., "338 bots killed before transmitter destroyed".

Problem solved.

Well, not quite, because MA appears to have a problem with kiting - and that would still be relevant while you still try to increase your kill count.
One reason I gave up at a certain point was that I could no longer target an individual mob to kill, knew I was going to die soon and that on revive I was just going to die again pretty quickly, so I didn't want to waste shots on partially damaging loads of mobs, although I did do that while I thought I could still kill a wave on me a few times to see how much harder things would get. I had no chance in my cat and tried a few ways of seeing what would extend the time a bit mostly - yes it was kiting within my health limits and killing what I had a chance to without utterly wasting the peds on non kills.

As has also been said, dying was not an option at one point - so it was more a question of bothering to revive or just go and do something else while waiting for the exit (which was only available after the core was destroyed as far as I could tell, not by dying out of bounds either...)

I've never seen so many different people defend the defenders before.
I'm actually feeling quite proud of the community right now. If MA responds well to this massive thread, we may even all come out of this better (including no competition bans for at least some of the cases I hope).

Was an awesome event overall.. I didn't have a whole lot of time with how much i have been working. In defense every time i tried to fight the mobs and didn't understand how people were getting such good times :) I understood shortly thereafter that to be successful in that event around the 58 minute mark you were supposed to just start kiting and drag the mobs after you in a big circle. I didn't make top 10 in defense but i was very happy to get lucky enough in the annihilation although it was a long drawn out fight. Overall pleasantly surprised with the event, i will perhaps have to think outside of the box more next time or perhaps MA will give us a definitive statement as to whether or not they want us to be able to use such tactics.

i heard if you ran counter clock wise you get ban also you can only run in one way

ma is not the sharpest tool in the shed more like a hammer they dont know how to make event works properly

also you were not alowed to touch the wall also

they should invent cement shoe when you shoot so you cant move

if you play to cut the cost of playing your cheating lol

I got an answer from support.

It seems my timer kept on ticking after completing 20 hours.

Wtf.... ??? .

Maybe that is what happened to me to. Still waiting on an answer from support.

I killed with normal weapons for the first 50 minutes to hour. Generally skilled MF for this boring hour.

Once the first mob reached the pedestal I switched to pure rockets and started running for my life, with the occasion look + fire in the direction of the pedestal to aggro new things. I probably killed some things with the rocket, but not many. I could've killed more with high dmg/sec gear.... but why?

Annihilation was about brute force dmg/sec. Defense seemed to be about tactics - I tried to maximize my tactics.

I'm guessing Cat 2 Anniliation's winner got a 5K special point thing. If that's true (Gratz to him!) I would have placed 1st in the Cat 2 Annihilation except for his lucky 5K .... even with only killing for 16.5 hours. After using the same dmg/sec gear, and placing well below 10th, I looked for other tactics to exponentially increase my score.

I don't see why using non-standard, non-exploitative, tactics to get an exceptional score would result in a disqualification for this and other events. My goal was to get top 3; non-standard results usually require a non-standard approach. Most people totally ignore rockets. There was no rule about mob training (Other wise very few would've beat my pure dmg/sec score), and I don't think I exploited any bugs.

p.s. I did use some acceleration pills for the last run -which I forgot about in earlier post

p.p.s. Before people complain about being over equipped for this event, for the first 8 years I was a non-depositor, who did OK by; making good decisions, not hunting when I expected a loss, and selling skills. (only sweated a very short time) I did depo for about 2K ped for this event to have ammo / slack room. I am used to making extremely non-standard choices in EU. That isn't the same as cheating.
I did not loot a single 5k. I killed fast enough to spawn the warlock every 27 minutes

Problem solved.

This should solve the kiting problem, please make this change for next time MA!

So after interviewing some people who disqualified from the this event and further ones, I cant see that there are cheating. Its just poor coding from MA to make this happen.
They defend the thing in the middle, which are the goal that MA described.
So everyone who got agro at least from two mobs are a cheater in the way which MA doing some people disqualified. Its possible in the lower cats to get agro from a lot mobs when they are overprotected. So just the count of the surviving mobs its the difference between disqualified and got a price.
And thinking about that, defense mode its just a pure DPS event. You got more DPS than your opponent you will win, because you can shoot more mobs then the other. So if you know that you got more DPS than other player are in front of you, they are cheating. Just simple is that. And you can be for sure that everyone in the top ten are full with pills and other boosters.

Its a shame, that the defense mode are very funny and could be very tactical, but its just another pay to win event.

When MA said, that there are disqualified for an impossible number of living mobs then I got the question how is this possible. As a software developer I will loose any contract when I say its impossible to bring the software in a specific status and anyone can show that its possible. So MA blame the players for there own mistakes. When MA should do their own homework no one have to disqualified.

And I can say for sure that at least two players who are disqualified are definitily no scammers or cheaters. Just friendly beginners in this game.

And @Ludvig: What was the number of surviving mobs which are decides if you got stay in the list or you are disqualified ?

So after interviewing some people who disqualified from the this event and further ones, I cant see that there are cheating. Its just poor coding from MA to make this happen.
They defend the thing in the middle, which are the goal that MA described.
So everyone who got agro at least from two mobs are a cheater in the way which MA doing some people disqualified. Its possible in the lower cats to get agro from a lot mobs when they are overprotected. So just the count of the surviving mobs its the difference between disqualified and got a price.
And thinking about that, defense mode its just a pure DPS event. You got more DPS than your opponent you will win, because you can shoot more mobs then the other. So if you know that you got more DPS than other player are in front of you, they are cheating. Just simple is that. And you can be for sure that everyone in the top ten are full with pills and other boosters.

Its a shame, that the defense mode are very funny and could be very tactical, but its just another pay to win event.

When MA said, that there are disqualified for an impossible number of living mobs then I got the question how is this possible. As a software developer I will loose any contract when I say its impossible to bring the software in a specific status and anyone can show that its possible. So MA blame the players for there own mistakes. When MA should do their own homework no one have to disqualified.

And I can say for sure that at least two players who are disqualified are definitily no scammers or cheaters. Just friendly beginners in this game.

And @Ludvig: What was the number of surviving mobs which are decides if you got stay in the list or you are disqualified ?

Trapping mobs and stop their agro without killing them is cheating as I posted in 1st day of event. No excuse for abusing that based on "not know" as other events. Why so many excuses to protect cheating ? That's not smart play is just abusing system to make money with no money.... Go sweat for that don't take prizes from people that actually put money in the game and spend money to play.

Trapping mobs and stop their agro without killing them is cheating as I posted in 1st day of event. No excuse for abusing that based on "not know" as other events. Why so many excuses to protect cheating ? That's not smart play is just abusing system to make money with no money.... Go sweat for that don't take prizes from people that actually put money in the game and spend money to play.

As you could read in this thread from people who are disqualified and i can sure you from two others more: They are not trapped mobs. They are just survived more mobs then others have done. Just as simple. They all run for their lives for some seconds or minutes more on the clock.

As you could read in this thread from people who are disqualified and i can sure you from two others more: They are not trapped mobs. They are just survived more mobs then others have done. Just as simple. They all run for their lives for some seconds or minutes more on the clock.

I know if i got caught cheating i would lie about being innocent , so their word is not very credible even if they happen to be innocent. I wouldn't take up their cause without proper evidence, if they believe they were wrongfully disqualified they should appeal to MA

So after interviewing some people who disqualified from the this event and further ones, I cant see that there are cheating.

Maybe you could be a good interviewer, but for sur a bad judge. :rolleyes:

- Sir, are you guilty ?
- No Sir.
- Ok, so you are free to go. :wise:

Seriously, I don't tell they cheated, but if they did, do you really expect a single one to tell you "Yes, I cheated" !?
Or even, for example; "I didn't cheat on purpose, but yes, I was kitting so much mobs that some of them was stucks (or "unreachable")." ?.. :scratch2:

When MA said, that there are disqualified for an impossible number of living mobs then I got the question how is this possible.

It was not exactly what they said;

Several participants were disqualified and will not receive prizes due to suspicious activity and/or an impossibly low number of robot kills in relation to their posted event time.

Again, we players don't have the logs, so we don't and we can't know what the DQ peoples had done.
Better stop the assumptions.

i agree with the others, at this moment we have no idea what the real reason of the DQ is. people are saying kiting and over-protecting are the reason with no evidence at all, and currently are spreading this disinformation which seems like an attempt to discredit MA. i doubt MA took this decision lightly and you would hope they have the evidence but they have offered a method of appeal and im sure support will reply to the affected players with the exact reason.

i hope the players who get a reply post the reason, killing slowly for an 90 mins whilst kiting compared to 90 mins of kiting to the edge of the map, dying & respawning are quite different , but remember there was well known exploits in the event to stop the timer and cause the bots to target you, then you die and the bots didn't retarget.

MA has come to the conclution that over 2000 of my final score wasn't counted as I according to their logs was in mayhem for 26.5 hours without restarting the mission (which I wasn't as I quit by the time the time remaining hit 0)

Therefore I have been dropped from 5th place to 11th.

I'm calling BS on this whole event.

Screw this.

MA has come to the conclution that over 2000 of my final score wasn't counted as I according to their logs was in mayhem for 26.5 hours without restarting the mission (which I wasn't as I quit by the time the time remaining hit 0)

Note to all avatars:

Make sure you record your events and take plenty of screens with time and date stamps in game when taking part of a event like this.

I'm done.

Note to all avatars:

Make sure you record your events and take plenty of screens with time and date stamps in game when taking part of a event like this.

I'm done.

Whole event is BS I TOTALLY agree, sorry M8.
It's unfortunate that MA doesn't compensate or do anything to try and make their customers happy (IMO)

Whole event is BS I TOTALLY agree, sorry M8.
It's unfortunate that MA doesn't compensate or do anything to try and make their customers happy (IMO)

I've had it with their BS,

They screw up on their side and the customer has to pay for it.

Didn't expect it to go to these lengths for such a tiny reward. It's not the total value of the price that gets me upset, it's their fucking ways of dealing with things.

Back