Easter Mayhem 2018

Did you get the mission somewhere on Ark before entering the instance there? Is that even possible?

you can enter via the global events list. but the mission doesn't activate off caly

In the past I've entered events not to win but to enjoy the instances, this new system destroys that.

I'm forced into cat10 where there's a single mob type that hits for 150+ through my armour. It's not fun to spend more time healing than shooting.

Not every player with 100+ skills has the equipment to match. Please allow us to go into any category, with any weapon (and our own health) just for fun.

BTW: I killed 3 mobs and got zero points from 2 of them (I thought the new system gave points on all kills).

Pretty much this. I don't want to compete. I'm at the very bottom of the category I've been placed in to and I'm not here to be stressed out. Add a non-competitive option and let us go hunt, especially if you aren't going to release the boxes any other way!

Pretty much this. I don't want to compete. I'm at the very bottom of the category I've been placed in to and I'm not here to be stressed out. Add a non-competitive option and let us go hunt, especially if you aren't going to release the boxes any other way!

indeed, again forced to buy overpriced boxes sence i cant hunt for em myself.

I'm not going to bother buying boxes, either.

I wonder if they think about use cases before they make these changes.

I guess it wouldn't be hard for them to make another set of instances that just don't count points.

Please point us to the guy forcing you to buy boxes.I've never been forced to buy anything I don't want in this game.

I did a small test on defense Cat 9

Seems I had better protection with Ursa + 5B's than I did with adjusted vigi + 6A's

Guessing some form of C/S/I/Electric on the eviscerators.
For the warriors and defenders, guessing pen/burn but not positive.
Maybe a wide variety of protection is needed. Hard to say.
Might have to armor up some...

Strange balance from MA.

Your high HP is caped, or temporarily reduced if your lower combat lvl qualifies for lower category, but if you have high combat lvl and low HP, your screwed.

If they can cap your HP to enter lower cat. due to combat lvl, they should be able to boost your hp to coincide with the higher cat lvl based on your combat lvl'

My combat lvl's put me in cat 9, but my hp lvl puts me in cat 7. Can't compete in this event and there's no way to enter any cat but 9 or 10, for me.

Wish there was a "Free For All" instance like MM just to grind the mob and get a chance at boxes or "M" tokens

GL to all who can compete

Last edited:
Strange balance from MA.

Your high HP is caped, or temporarily reduced if your lower combat lvl qualifies for lower category, but if you have high combat lvl and low HP, your screwed.

If they can cap your HP to enter lower cat. due to combat lvl, they should be able to boost your hp to coincide with the higher cat lvl based on your combat lvl'

My combat lvl's put me in cat 9, but my hp lvl puts me in cat 7. Can't compete in this event and there's no way to enter any cat but 9 or 10, for me.

Wish there was a "Free For All" instance like MM just to grind the mob and get a chance at boxes or "M" tokens

GL to all who can compete

Just ask for free peds , don't bother much with so many excuses, we got it.
Mindark create a special event for him please.

Seems I had better protection with Ursa + 5B's than I did with adjusted vigi + 6A's

Hazen + Pulsar 8 is the perfect combo for this event

Adjusted nemesis +6B worked as a charm for me.
Just to bad the event is bugged from cyrene :(

I entered from Ark and did not get the mission. Can't be bothered to fly to Caly so I guess I'm done. Also, all my loot is shrapnel (and I mean ALL) in the instance. Is that normal for these events? it's been a while since I did one.

I entered from Ark and did not get the mission. Can't be bothered to fly to Caly so I guess I'm done. Also, all my loot is shrapnel (and I mean ALL) in the instance. Is that normal for these events? it's been a while since I did one.

From what i understand its bugged so if you dont enter from caly you get no boxes or points

Tried the instances out, 1-2 Shot everything in defense mode, felt like I was defending against really hard hitting punies. Was more looking to grind something, so I went to the lowest annihilation instance I could get in, 7. Well looks like I turned into the puny here and I got annhilated in two hits. Seems way out of balance on either instance.

Can someone tell me are you supposed to get points for every robot kill in the annihilation event? Going off the information posted at the top of this thread where it says which points are awarded for killing robots I got the impression that you would get some points for each robot as it says "awarded after destroying any of the event instance robots".

I am only asking because I am killing way more robots that don't get points than ones that do. Is this the same for everyone and is this how the event should be?

You're both arrogant and ignorant. Can you do us all a favour and go f_ yourself?

Don't trade insults with someone who lost so much.

He put all the money and effort to become nr1 of nothing. I would be angry too.

Can someone tell me are you supposed to get points for every robot kill in the annihilation event? Going off the information posted at the top of this thread where it says which points are awarded for killing robots I got the impression that you would get some points for each robot as it says "awarded after destroying any of the event instance robots".

I am only asking because I am killing way more robots that don't get points than ones that do. Is this the same for everyone and is this how the event should be?

Yes is normal. Lot of mobs with no points.

So it took me 2500 ped of killing to spawn the boss in cat 9 annihilation. Since this is where you get a lot of points it seems this is very much a dps event, very little luck involved unless you get at least one or two 5k point regular mobs.

Seems to be all about luck, im over halfway throu and best normal pointloot i got was 250 x1, some 1 could win the event with 2-3 kills with luck alone. I like the concept, it means that every 1 has a chance to win just not the one with maxed out gear, but im having the worst of luck points wise.

Oh shut up you!
Now i see what they did there, defence ment to be slow building up a stake.
When it gets hard pulse goes up and you have to think on your feet, its like the initial rushes in lootable pvp.
Soaked with sweat after my 2 laterst attempt.

Ive tryed Cat 10 defence.
Not joining the whining, its the ultimate event finaly.
Smarts with dps and wide range of tools needed, only downside its not steep enough.
Basicly can chill with imk2 for first 40 min then shape up, and the fact that the objekt heals up makes the first 30 mins just a dread.

Defense is freaking amazing indeed. Felt alot like cs 1.5 :laugh: And whoever put those spider bombers there has a wicked wicked sense of humour.

Seems to be all about luck, im over halfway throu and best normal pointloot i got was 250 x1

You did smth very wrong. The good part is you can abandon and try again. If you meant that you had more than 1 drops of 250 but only 1 from evis, then I retract.

yes, I must admit, I like the defense as well :)

It's a nice change from the usual grind and it even involves at least a bit of tactics.

You did smth very wrong. The good part is you can abandon and try again. If you meant that you had more than 1 drops of 250 but only 1 from evis, then I retract.

I was told by support that if you abandon and start again you are automatically dq'ed.....

I was told by support that if you abandon and start again you are automatically dq'ed.....

I asked them about restarting.
He said no but MA might look if you do to many times, then i got this email

I wanted to follow up on the conversation we had earlier. There are some exploits floating around the forums, and the Planet Calypso team is watching the actions of players, as the steps taken are visible. So, repeated dropping of the missions could cause a problem, or if the reason they are dropped is due to unexplainable circumstances.

Thank you and Good Luck with Mayhem,

John
Entropia Universe Support

I asked them and they said is allowed to abandon & restart. For example, in my case was to calibrate my setup. I did the first 20h, barely understood what is happening. Then I restarted two times shot each time maybe 1,5h, once to test the gun, once to test the armour. So now would be the, I think, 4th time I started and will try to give my max.

Regarding that you're automatically dq'ed, it means you forfeit your points accumulated.

Probably that if you do restart a number of times per day they might ask wtf you're doing.<

To put it another way: i don't think they are bothered by someone having, say, a mission of 10h and one of 20h. Their problem would rather be with someone having lots of 1-2-5 minutes missions or something like that, trying to force who knows what game/score mechanic.

Just ask them if you want to do something and you're unsure, is that simple.

Last edited:
I asked them and they said is allowed to abandon & restart. For example, in my case was to calibrate my setup. I did the first 20h, barely understood what is happening. Then I restarted two times shot each time maybe 1,5h, once to test the gun, once to test the armour. So now would be the, I think, 4th time I started and will try to give my max.

Regarding that you're automatically dq'ed, it means you forfeit your points accumulated.

Probably that if you do restart a number of times per day they might ask wtf you're doing.

that's kind of horse crap though. I can just calibrate my setup until I start with a 10k point kill. At this point I feel my setup is properly calibrated.

I completed 20hrs without a 5 or 10k. I didn't stand any chance to win with my setup to begin with. but I'm pretty sure if I "calibrated" until I started with a 10k I would be in the top 10.

Im not saying you are trying to cheat, but can you see how some people would consider this an unfair advantage? And how some people could easily use this as a significant point boost?

This alone should be enough for them to remove the 5k and 10k pointers.
I'm guessing here, but I see winning scores to be somewhere around 20-30k points. 33% of that could be from a single loot. possibly more.

and just for laughs I finished with a whopping 7078pts in cat 7. I am only lvl 76 though so no complaints. simply not in the right position to go at it full speed. and I couldn't bring myself to chip down, even though that was most likely my best option.(which should never be the case)

A simple solution would be a separate test-event on the events page, where no points are distributed.
Imho the instance timer should be unchangeable.

Back