Ebn: Colossal feffox spotted

everyone likes taxes ;) err TI

I suspect everyone went to the other areas first which is rather sensible, and then looked at TI when the mobs failed to respawn.

Then they left TI when the ones there also failed to respawn or were simply not present at the indicated spawns (one has Hatchlings, the other is empty, and the Broodmothers I saw either spawned at or were quickly moved to the Castle TP).

Personally I would have preferred they not bother throwing in a taxed spawn amongst the options.

- Deathifier

message in game in red:

CDF PRIORITY ALERT: COLOSSAL FEFFOX SPOTTED AT TREASURE ISLAND 36943, 52642 ; 37418, 52282 - END TRANSMISSION

Dear MA,what makes you think we like 300 dmg mobs with an aoe attack of 3k dmg?
Sweat price too low or what??
This looks to me like a tutorial on how to hunt mobs above your level :laugh:

Yea, these mobs are not fun. After dying 5 or 6 times on the same queen, even at Nymph with 50+ other players around, I called it quits.

Feffox gets the prize for most poorly balanced mob of EU history.

Yea, these mobs are not fun. After dying 5 or 6 times on the same queen, even at Nymph with 50+ other players around, I called it quits.

Feffox gets the prize for most poorly balanced mob of EU history.

Actually, when you didn't die it looked kind of cool those attacks (even if I know it sucks dying).

Not so many people died when it was crowded, so I guess it became way tougher in the end,

I could live with the lag, but what made it nearly unbearable was the woacka! CTDs (when game window just closed without warning - not even "do you want to report to mindark" window popped up). It's not fun shooting as fast as you can to fill a feffox queen, then with or without dying you get kicked out and you have to spend at least a minue at login screen and risk losing skills (at one time when I got a CTD I had a "previous weapon" on my "shoot button" at that point I guess I lost some skills).

As long as there was lots of hunters around I don't think there were too many causalties, I just think maffox queen is a mob that requires lots of hunters around.

Maybe one thing that could be added would be some "sign" from the mob so we knew that it would be about to execute a AOE effect - similar to the "plasma balls" the vanguards throw out from time to time so we have a few seconds to try to get into safety.

Dear MA,what makes you think we like 300 dmg mobs with an aoe attack of 3k dmg?
Sweat price too low or what??
This looks to me like a tutorial on how to hunt mobs above your level :laugh:

Now you know how it feels to be killed two or more times by Sand King ,)

I liked the idea with a really tough mob that requires teamwork from a big group of people, rather than a tanker with mm+shadow on autoclick and a modfapper at the back.

Also, it was only the queen that was that tough. Broodmothers didn't have that "insane" AOE, and I got impression Viking+plates took down those AOE to 1 dmg.

Last edited:
Thats one of a hell mob, and that nice stamina 0_o. Seems max possible loot one Queen is 2 520 000 peds :O (if regular formula is not altered here )

Seems max possible loot one Queen is 2 520 000 peds :O (if regular formula is not altered here )

ROFL. Thats what makes MA such crooks! Using tactics, best gear, and high ped cycling dont give ya any bigger ATH potential than hunting trox guardian in low level gear.

Fk me once, shame on you.
Fk me twice, shame on me.
Fk me 3567 times..... I must be playing EU.

Menace

Some pics from last night:
When it was good, it was great. A lot of people (check the radar) showed up and the Queens were melting.

As the night progressed, people disappeared and the Queens got tougher and tougher. I got a bit butthurt from dying so much, but I found a cure.

At the end we were just 5-6 people hunting down Broodmothers, but taking down them still felt like a accomplishment considering how few we were. Think we kept it going until 4-5am? :)

I had a blast anyway. Didn't loot anything special but it was amusing seeing half the radar die in one blast. I wish there was some animation before the AoE attacks though - more then anything to see people run away in panic. :)

(Sorry for bag quality screens, I was running low last night.)

ROFL. Thats what makes MA such crooks! Using tactics, best gear, and high ped cycling dont give ya any bigger ATH potential than hunting trox guardian in low level gear.

Fk me once, shame on you.
Fk me twice, shame on me.
Fk me 3567 times..... I must be playing EU.

Menace

yeah the ATH list is filled with 2,500,000 PED trox guadians :p

ummm he's not saying trox guard will loot 2 500 000, he is saying that the feffox queens or really any other mega-hp mob, tho theoretically should loot that high, but that they DON'T, and they basically don't loot much higher than some normal mob anybody could kill LIKE a trox guardian, because the standard multipliers do not apply to these huge mobs or are at least restricted, and therefore, if you look at it simply mathematically, it is actually pretty silly to shoot them. But of course, I still do it...so there's that...

So they vanished? Any left anywhere?

ummm he's not saying trox guard will loot 2 500 000, he is saying that the feffox queens or really any other mega-hp mob, tho theoretically should loot that high, but that they DON'T, and they basically don't loot much higher than some normal mob anybody could kill LIKE a trox guardian,...

If they are capable of large loots over million peds then I wouldn't expect that to happen very often. In fact a very very rare event.

So shooting a few and then concluding they can't loot that big seems misguided.

General rule of thumb is the larger the loot category the rarer it is (compare globals, hof's, uber hof's).

If they are capable of large loots over million peds then I wouldn't expect that to happen very often. In fact a very very rare event.

So shooting a few and then concluding they can't loot that big seems misguided.

General rule of thumb is the larger the loot category the rarer it is (compare globals, hof's, uber hof's).

All I said is that the normal loot formula doesn't apply to mobs like these. I hope it does, but how is it misguided to think that nothing will loot at 2.5 M peds? In fact, I think it is very guided, and based on information we DO have rather than theoretical probabilities that have never happened yet. Someday (over a decade probably) yeah, something will loot for 1 000 001 peds for the sheer publicity, but to think a max-multilier is as possible on these as other mobs is simply not the way anyone SHOULD be thinking. If one of these mobs hit one in the next 10 year over 1M, I will give you a shiny new Opalo. How's that for confidence? :)

Last edited:
So they vanished? Any left anywhere?

I looked last night and did not see any East of Boreas.Does anyone know if this is still going on or where they are?

The spawns are all long gone, so shouldn't the front page be changed?

Back