EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology

I think it is a grerat idea the PoE requires 21 items:

* It enforces player communication & trading
* Chance to loot something exceptional is way higher for everyone
* It is less of a lottery, because it is imossible to loot each part by yourself
* Spreads the prize between more ppl, as some of the pieces must be bought

Very well done! :thumbup:

I think this is a good way to do it.

People wanted robots. We got them.
People wanted ATH's to be more spread out. Well this is one way of doing it.
Everyone get a chance to loot cool items to sell for thousands of peds...
We get 3x skills for a period of time.
we get a somewhat nice storyline.

And ofcourse we get shitloads of whiners as usual. WTF?

Edit: I mean what do you want? 15 Extrmely lucky people or 300 lucky people? I choose the later.

+ rep

cheers

ermik

emm... its mentors job, isnt it?

You are so kidding ?

The fact is no-body knows,

newcomers, mentors, long term established players alike.

And a large portion of participants starting choose not to have a mentor in a lot of cases as the majority of them prove to be useless in the end. (Not all, there are a number of good mentors, just not many)

I should not even have to ask Marco to do such things, they should be done by default if the event has been planned properly and is to be managed in an ethical manner;

Proper clarification to this sort of information should have been given before it started, not during.

JohnnyBravo - don't assume that there is a finite number of samples to be found. ,-)

So it just regular loot but the first 15 get a PoE armor. You're kinda nerfing the trade of these items here. Anyway, the odds of me looting even one item will be almost impossible so in that sense, thnx for posting as you just saved myself a deposit which is gonna be claimed by my gf. PoE or some wild nights ... it's ofcourse in the eye of the beholder which is most valuable. :D

Anyway, the 3x skills period is sufficient and makes this game "normal" for one month atleast. If I can skill up certain levels and maybe loot some more armor parts like Bear I'm happy with this event. I just hope the droprate of these armors will continue as this is the rate this economy needs. If we will go back to the normal - extremely rare - droprate I think there will be some serious drawbacks.

Edit: I mean what do you want? 15 Extrmely lucky people or 300 lucky people? I choose the later.

No... don't mix up things...

1) I am very happy with MA communication ... especially during the event
2) I am very happy with the Event !!! Love the storyline, love the attacks, the mobs, love the effort
3) I am very happy with the Skillbonus that really encourages you to spend more, to try harder and to aim higher...

I and a lot of people are merely commenting on the POE armour thing now... and that's our right... I would have preferred if it was random... one special item like an ATH... and you get an armour....

The way it's designed now just encourages more deposits and makes it such that you feel pushed into trying to obtain the armour... I'd rather give up straight away...

I'll keep playing and enjoying the event, but as I said before, the event is costing me a lot of money and since I can not recover this expense I will play as long as my budget allows and then leave it at that ;)

That's not whining... that's sharing my view and giving feedback.

I say what I think when I want to... that does not make me a whiner ... If I didn't love this game so much I would not be playing it so much and hang about here...

Art of War spent errr.. "a few" peds of ammo so far hunting the hardest damn bots ingame, we looted a whopping total of 0 parts so far, thats what? 20% out of a 15 day event in 6-12 man team running all day more or less with people joining and leaving, and nada interesting in loot besides a few (L) guns and armors.

Afaik M2S didnt loot any parts from the highend mobs either?.
Just to illustrate it seems @best its a near impossible task for someone to loot all the parts for PoE, and especially solo If 21 parts is needed per set, considering the low total number of dropped parts vs players hunting bots.

Kinda curious if its the mobchoice though, wouldnt be surprised to see 99% of the parts dropping from lowend crafting, unamped mining and shit mobs, since thats just how it usually is in here, no reward for hunting the bigger stuff besides the off chance of a bigger loot ttwise.
Should we split up and go hunt drones instead to have a chance to get anyhting @all?

Not complaining as such btw, i really am genuinely curious.
We have had alot of fun and will probably keep hunting these regardless since theyre only ingame during events and its rare to see mobs that are actually designed for highend teams only (warlock 10s, The Elvis, SEG10, BB10 (although the bigbulks are sillyeasy now compared to before, whats that about...?)), usually we have big spiders and dasp stalkers as only choices and even those a medium team can take with some effort...

But it does seem kinda strange, not that the mobs most can hunt drops the most lenses since the number of kills is so vastly different, thats logical if drops are mostly random.
But noone we talked to have heard of anything dropping from highend mobs so far? How does this fit with a "skillbased game" if all thats needed is being in the right spot @the right time regardless what you kill?

Btw 21parts needed per set is a double edged sword i guess.

On one end it lets more people get a part of the action, looting parts they can sell instead of only 15 people getting lucky.
On the other hand it makes sure noone but people with a fat wallet have any chance of actually aquiring a set which is hugely dissapointing to learn after you tried looting just one part not knowing whats needed for days and failed...

OK ajack sry for refering to whining, but i think you do got a much higher chance to play a longer time for your money this way.

Reactions: Uni

Maybe you're right. But such a sudden change of way the events are handled is confusing and producing frustration to ppl like me :)

I have already calmed down, but believe me how disapointed was I when I found out that the first EXTRAORDINARY thing I have looted after 3 years of playing (in wich time I had only 2 small HOFs) appeared to be nothing more than a small HOF or small Uber HOF maybe....

I agree that it's better when more ppl win but over 315 is a bit extreme because the reward one will get for a piece probably won't cover half the costs spent on efforts to get it... This isn't building up the motivation.

If there was 3 different pieces needed for each set than this would produce 45 very happy and motivated people.

That's just my way of seeing things...

Sorry for all the "mess" I did, but I got really frustrated and dissapointed, yet again in my 3 years of life on Callypso ;)

The way I see it Mindark have listened to feedback about previous events.

For example last year it was this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/93164-merry-mayhem-updated.html

Mulaak'f
Atrox
Exarosaur

3 prizes consisting of a Land area, Shadow Set, 10k Ped.

So 3 winners who could play a maximum of 6 hours a day for 10 days straight (more and you were disqualified) who needed to be shooting constantly (so Mod Merc owners had automatic advantage) and needed well organised society support (bring ammo, take loot, bring mobs in)

This year, anyone who can pop a toaster, mines or crafts can win 1/3 of a PoE armor piece and we get 3x skill gains whilst doing so.

Last edited:
Maybe you're right. But such a sudden change of way the events are handled is confusing and producing frustration to ppl like me :)

I have already calmed down, but believe me how disapointed was I when I found out that the first EXTRAORDINARY thing I have looted after 3 years of playing (in wich time I had only 2 small HOFs) appeared to be nothing more than a small HOF or small Uber HOF maybe....

I agree that it's better when more ppl win but over 315 is a bit extreme because the reward one will get for a piece probably won't cover half the costs spent on efforts to get it... This isn't building up the motivation.

If there was 3 different pieces needed for each set than this would produce 45 very happy and motivated people.

That's just my way of seeing things...

Sorry for all the "mess" I did, but I got really frustrated and dissapointed, yet again in my 3 years of life on Callypso ;)

I can really understand your frustration if you did loot one before we knew how many parts were needed. Maybe the absolute best way from ma to have done this was to simply give out this EBN message earlier then they did.

Kinda curious if its the mobchoice though, wouldnt be surprised to see 99% of the parts dropping from lowend crafting, unamped mining and shit mobs, since thats just how it usually is in here, no reward for hunting the bigger stuff besides the off chance of a bigger loot ttwise.

I hear what your saying, but this needs to be balanced to keep it open for all.

I would hate to find out this event like the many in the past has been designed strictly for those at the top of the skill curve;

Rather than a distribution across all robot mobs, mining levels and crafting recipes, from basic filters to drone 01s to TT finders through to big bulky 10s, Level X+ recipes and 1000M finders.

Without this sort of even chance across the board, the event is pretty much rendered useless to the future growth potential of the participant base in getting involved and working their way up to have the flexibility the uber hunters, miners & crafters do in being able to scale up or down the mob maturity chain, crafting recipe level chain and finder depth chain with relative ease.

So yeah, I do hope *all* of the items drop across the board from newcomer to maximum level challenges.

^^ Kind of what has killed off the interest of newcomers coming into Entropia in recent times to see only the ubers being looked after;

No use patching up a leaky roof if the foundations of the structure the roof is on is crumbling away.

I can really understand your frustration if you did loot one before we knew how many parts were needed. Maybe the absolute best way from ma to have done this was to simply give out this EBN message earlier then they did.

He he he that's what I said earlier but again... If MA had released this info in the begining of the Event lots of people wouldn't even care about it and MA wouldn't make such a fortune on it. I know I would probably go there once to try it but that would be it. I simply don't have 30k PEDs ingame to even try looting few more parts not to mention all 21.

Other than that since the event started I had my first arround 2,2k PEDs in ammo burned without a single global... That's even more frustrating...

I cant understand the negative comments, the first 315 pieces (21 x 15) will sell for a very nice price, anyone looting them will be handsomely rewarded.

Those that loot / buy the 21 parts in the correct amounts will win the star prize.

Everyone wins surely? :scratch2:

Then maybe there could have been 300-400 individual prizes instead if it being impossible to loot the parts oneself? Paired with maybe 5 sets of Poe coming from 3-5 parts (just a thought if the idea all along has been to reward as many as possible).
I think what most people that arent overly happy about the 21part thingy are saying is that they actually thought they had a chance of looting PoE if they really gave it their all, now its pretty clear it just wont happen unless they pay alot of money next to what they can loot (insanely unlikely atleast). Not so much that loot is spread out, i think we would all like more of that ;)

And im sorry the PoE-quest doesnt end on the 21st? So we have no clue when the event ends? Totally misunderstood that part incase.
The way i read it the actual attack of robots didnt have a clear end (which makes sense regarding the storyline ofc) but that the PoE and skillbit ended @the same time, also since the scientists needed the technology to help fight the robots...

Youre public statements really are very unclear sometimes MA (you should see IRC when they come up on CL, im not the only one thinking this...).
Im overjoyed @the higher lvl of communication lately, and i really like this event. But when you do put info out please write it clearer, the swenglish gets the best of you @times :silly2:

Youre public statements really are very unclear sometimes MA (you should see IRC when they come up on CL, im not the only one thinking this...).
Im overjoyed @the higher lvl of communication lately, and i really like this event. But when you do put info out please write it clearer, the swenglish gets the best of you @times :silly2:

:rofl: This is the point I have been trying to drive to MindArk over recent days,

I really do feel like kicking Marco/Justin in the nuts, trust me (kidding) :silly2:

This needs to improve dramatically if they chose to be truely successful in business involving other peoples real life money.

Just click on Marco's profile if you want to see more ;)

And yea, IRC has been nuts over this, it makes me wonder what reality the MindArk staff actually live in sometimes.

~ Sparkz

But now in some days i have been irritadet of all KS and also i know some people have the same feeling for me, even but i never have stolen any mob for anyone, but who can tell who shoot first and so on.

Maybe you should think back for a second on this...
Maybe you will find a solution for your first problem that doesn't take any more then some thought action.
For the second problem, the other guy needs to come to the same realization...

Then there ofc is the real KS:er, but I actually don't find them to be that many, really.
Mostly you can avoid any ks by simply avoiding standing in the middle of the thickest of colonists.

high density of colonists = high probability of ks, both intentional and unintentional. Its natural...

And if there is too many colonists compared to mobs... go somewhere else, or wait for another time when the spawn is thicker...

Lava - maybe you missed it but I did reply in the uber-thread?

I have not checked all threads today mate, been off and on Entropia participating and listening & IRC reading to the frustrations of others for the better part of the day in-between.

Thanks for the heads up, I will give it a read tomorrow.

Time for me to knock off and go watch some tv, needing a time out ;)

For those who will not take part in the final trade war, these are great news!

If there were only 15 new parts, this would make 15 players very happy.

Now there will be at least 15x21=315 more or less happy players!
Raises the chances of everyone to get at least something.

Well, in fact there will be more than 315 players who think they are lucky, but in the end there will be only up to 315 players which will have been smart enough to sell their parts by time to the PotE-item-collectors... :wise:

And the others will not be able to sell their parts with markup if the 15 already got their stuff.
Some will have rare TT value parts soon, I can see more upcoming :whiner:

Expect nothing, play for fun, be happy if you get something big ;)

I would hate to find out this event like the many in the past has been designed strictly for those at the top of the skill curve;

There have been basically 0 events catering to "ubers" only, but thats not the point of my post...

What im saying is that it should mean something if your highly skilled and working together as a team compared to running around with an LR32 hunting drone 01.
No im not saying it should mean the lowend player shouldnt be able to loot anything, not at all, im saying there should be a difference in chances when spending 20-100peds on one kill vs 1ped, not huge, but a difference.
Btw (not to start an offtopic discussion here, just responding...) id say having nothing to strive for since skills matter very little compared to returns would be just as damaging to a "skillbased game" wouldnt you?

What i wrote was a question though, mostly to know if we should just leave the big stuff to tear down zychion on their own, since losing 1000peds extra per day hunting that kind of mobs makes very little sense if your chances are based on how many mobs you kill... leaving you with less chances to loot something fun since it takes minutes to kill lets say a "The Eviscerator" compared to the 3-4 seconds it takes me to kill a drone 01...

There have been basically 0 events catering to "ubers" only, but thats not the point of my post...

Well last years Christmas event was pretty much uber only.

Lava - maybe you missed it but I did reply in the uber-thread?

We understand that You as Marco can't be involved in everything and explain everything, but you have employees who are getting paid to do this job and to do it well :)

You really need to put more pressure on more accurate info and you need to be releasing more info up front to avoid confusion and frustration...even if it means less profit :laugh: That's called Bussiness Ethics. There's real money involved so should be real business relationships.

Well last years Christmas event was pretty much uber only.

Load up on X5/XT L's depending on how much skills you have, get ghost/bear/boar+5B or similar and go wild on trox youngs for 6 hours a day with modmerc killspeed.
I dont really see how you need to be "uber" for that, or having to invest in heavy gear.

Yes X5 have some markup, and yes ofc you need atleast medium skills to parttake, but prize was 500k. If people expect uber prizes to come for nothing...

And besides if you agree on that or not, thats one event, what else you got ;)

nop ....

Every time you loot mob and if it`s loot value is bigger then 1 ped you already involve chance of looting it.

Miner must get non-ordinary find to involve loot chance. You have that chance 50% of mobs you loot, miner will have it few times as he must hit non-ordinary find apart from regular claim!

No also like you say that every (bot) loot has chance, also every claim you get has chance of getting the item in out of the ordinary.

It does not mean you need to get out of the ordinary first to make chance if it is: angles scales / hansidian / ULamp / robot tech.

Load up on X5/XT L's depending on how much skills you have, get ghost/bear/boar+5B or similar and go wild on trox youngs for 6 hours a day with modmerc killspeed.
I dont really see how you need to be "uber" for that, or having to invest in heavy gear.

Yes X5 have some markup, and yes ofc you need atleast medium skills to parttake, but prize was 500k. If people expect uber prizes to come for nothing...

Well the RX Unit event was a bit UBER oriented in my opinion, as PvP was on and a low-mid lvl player had rather less than 0 chances to win it. :laugh: If anyone could even login to that area...lol

But that's not the point. EU needs more active and dedicated players and this event isn't exactly one of the ways to bring them in...nor it is a way to keep the dedicated players satisfied.

It is a great effort and great storyline but the finish is just like on Chinese cars ;)

15 armor sets, 7 armor parts each = 105 pieces

Just make 105 special items drop - every item (make 7 different) means some of armor part. Split damn sets and bigest % of peoples will be happy.
You loot something - you know for sure - you have some nice armor part.

Cause at current situation you can get some armor only if you have solid stack of peds to buy it or all items. Also so far i see no chance for 1 player to get 21 part (keep in mind you need specific parts, not 21 lense).

And is it posible for non-crafter to get some of those BPs? If not its automaticly makes your chance to get armor 0%. Ofcourse if you dont have fat ped card.

You couldn't expect the lence was a big share in PoE. It will come down to 15 rare parts, the contraction units. The people who loot them can buy the rest pretty cheep i'd guess. It's just like dna collecting.

If the POE set would costs 100k then the parts would cost:

15 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints /
15 Exceptional Robot Optical Lense 2.2k each

5 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints /
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger 6k each

1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit /
1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint. 33k each

So in the end you are paying still the ~100k

But I fear the people who loot the Contraction Stuff will dominate the market.

No also like you say that every (bot) loot has chance, also every claim you get has chance of getting the item in out of the ordinary.
In theory yes in practice as i told u hit it once per ~4k drops (amps/finder dont increase chance)

It does not mean you need to get out of the ordinary first to make chance if it is: angles scales / hansidian / ULamp / robot tech.
If i wont hit out ordinary i dont even have chance of robot tech.

But kk seems you have been mining more then me to know better! ;)

I really hope I`m wrong! Lets see at end how much part miners will get and then see.

Well the RX Unit event was a bit UBER oriented in my opinion, as PvP was on and a low-mid lvl player had rather less than 0 chances to win it. :laugh: If anyone could even login to that area...lol

But that's not the point. EU needs more active and dedicated players and this event isn't exactly one of the ways to bring them in...nor it is a way to keep the dedicated players satisfied.

It is a great effort and great storyline but the finish is just like on Chinese cars ;)

I can totally understand your disapointment on finding out about multiple parts needed to gain an armour set but i think this event has been fairly well put together - different spawns for different skill groups etc. Also it's been nice to see MA/FPC doing more over the last year or so to cater for all skill levels in events, much better than in the past for sure.
Not perfect i agree, but a lot better than in the past.

Feel happy you looted a part, as for me mining so far - big losses - no banana :D .

Last edited:

The problem with X5 isn't the markup, is that you have to be pretty "uber" (at least compared to 95% of the EU population or so) to be able to use it :D

You need lvl 57.5 to max the X5, and you need lvl 76 to max the XT. (and you need the XT to really get up to mod merc kill speed)

Probably you think that is noob skills, but thats just because you are blinded by your own uberness and that of your closest friends ;)

That's some heavy skill investments needed for most EU players.

I think MA is doing it great, some events for "ubers only" others for "everyone".
Ubers will always, ever, have an advantage though, its very hard to design an event where they don't...

Back