Ebn: The cdf needs you to help crack the code

Back on topic!
Guess we won't get any moon loot from the RX if no one can crack the code :scratch2:

Seems like there is more to this then just the cords...they left something out...we need Sherlock on this one

Ya.. I am not really sure. Coordinates seem decent to the areas.. but no hints as to what to find.. or if its even there yet!

:\

Well, there were three types of Encrypted Spatial Units to be found; Alpha, Beta, and Omega, but the data from the Alpha type has not been made public.

hmmm... I read the post in the way that the alpha & beta have the same info.... And omega was the second part. That being said... What ppl said about pvp oil rigs and pvp zones seem accurate if you simply use the center coordinates and go north 8x (roughly) radius posted (base w/ ship). If you use that same center set of coordinates and draw a line @ the degrees posted towards both oil rigs they do cross. I was hoping this wasn't the solution but it fits :\.
hope someone gets a different answers. Wasn't able to fully figure out the coords in the omega data.

"""""""Q: Where is the moon be located?

A mysterious wormhole was recently discovered in local space. Exploration of the other side of the wormhole revealed a strange, planetless moon. A space station is under construction that will stabilize the wormhole and allow travel between local space and the region of space on the other side of the wormhole, where the moon was discovered""""""

this was mindark answer there

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Entropia_Universe_Moon

the moon acces is on the space, not on calypso i think

hmmm... I read the post in the way that the alpha & beta have the same info....

You are right... I've been reading it in the client loader and the borken HTML (specifically &) was preventing me from seeing that the first part is data from Alpha & Beta units.

What ppl said about pvp oil rigs and pvp zones seem accurate if you simply use the center coordinates and go north 8x (roughly) radius posted (base w/ ship).

If it's going to be a battle with RX, it more or less have to be in pvp enabled areas (as they're technically human controlled avatars, not AI mobs). So for that reason it makes sense with the Three locations.

(Well until MA implements a "partial pvp" feature which enables pvp between and only between a) Normal avatars and b) "event avatars ie RX and Wastelanders".)

If it's going to be a battle with RX, it more or less have to be in pvp enabled areas (as they're technically human controlled avatars, not AI mobs). So for that reason it makes sense with the Three locations.

I also believe the changes to PVP zones made in the last updates are directly related to the impending battle with the RX Units.

Just my guess, from several combinations these makes most sense (as RX were already spotted in northern Eudoria):

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT ALPHA & BETA

1 1 0.2857 1 0.8571, 1 1.8 1 1 2.25

from aia
1 1 (2/7) 1 (6/7), 1 (9/5) 1 1 (9/4)

taking the known numbers (CTR. COORD: 784MISSINGNO, 819MISSINGNO) and putting them on places of 1s
7 8 (2/7) 4 (6/7), 8 (9/5) 1 9 (9/4)

removing /7 and 9/ leads to
78246, 85194 - points into Eudoria lootable PVP

HJOQU, IMQVC

using table
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
A B C D E F G H I J
K L M N O P Q R S T
U V W X Y Z

leads to 80571, 93723 - Eudoria northern PVP near Honuri

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT OMEGA

7 9 0 625 32, 8 64 64 16 3125

7 9 0 5^4 2^5, 8 2^6 2^6 2^4 5^5

taking only ^X leads to
79045, 86645 - north of Eudoria lootable PVP near Camp Echidna

(EFADB) + B, (GGCAD) + A

(56142) + 2, (77314) + 1

78364, 88425 - near Camp Echidna North Hangar (but not in pvp)

those Omega coords probably have to be modified with
1st COORDINATE - FOURTH QUADRANT – 30 DEGREES
2nd COORDINATE – THIRD QUADRANT – 60 DEGREES

to get some
END AT INTERSECT

:scratch2:

Just my guess, from several combinations these makes most sense (as RX were already spotted in northern Eudoria):

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT ALPHA & BETA

1 1 0.2857 1 0.8571, 1 1.8 1 1 2.25

from aia
1 1 (2/7) 1 (6/7), 1 (9/5) 1 1 (9/4)

taking the known numbers (CTR. COORD: 784MISSINGNO, 819MISSINGNO) and putting them on places of 1s
7 8 (2/7) 4 (6/7), 8 (9/5) 1 9 (9/4)

removing /7 and 9/ leads to

HJOQU, IMQVC

using table
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
A B C D E F G H I J
K L M N O P Q R S T
U V W X Y Z

leads to 80571, 93723 - Eudoria northern PVP near Honuri

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT OMEGA

7 9 0 625 32, 8 64 64 16 3125

7 9 0 5^4 2^5, 8 2^6 2^6 2^4 5^5

taking only ^X leads to

(EFADB) + B, (GGCAD) + A

(56142) + 2, (77314) + 1

78364, 88425 - near Camp Echidna North Hangar (but not in pvp)

those Omega coords probably have to be modified with
1st COORDINATE - FOURTH QUADRANT – 30 DEGREES
2nd COORDINATE – THIRD QUADRANT – 60 DEGREES

to get some
END AT INTERSECT

my thoughts..
1-why would ±50m matter on first coord (the MISSINGNO)
2-even worse, why would +1 and +2 matter on 2nd?
3-could the angles be a time? (remember the round watches?)

Hey,

i still can't make sence of the degree thing. 30 degrees is 30 degrees, what does the quadrant thing mean? or is it just an english thing? do you guys say 30° fourth quadrant instead of 330°? or what do you guys make of those things?

Regards

Hey,

i still can't make sence of the degree thing. 30 degrees is 30 degrees, what does the quadrant thing mean? or is it just an english thing? do you guys say 30° fourth quadrant instead of 330°? or what do you guys make of those things?

Regards

It would be 300[SUP]o[/SUP], not 330 (270+30, not 360-30) and in navigation/surveying, we 'English' read clockwise from 0 so we say 300/330 not 30/60. But the quadrant need not be reference to a quarter of a circle, but simply to a defined area or even to a point or place within a defined area.

My thought would be that the two quadrant references, with the 'end at intersect', may need to be used together point to the specific place where whatever is going to happen will happen, rather than the co-ords themselves which may well be just locate the 'starting points'.

It would be 300°....we 'English' read clockwise from 0 so we say 300/330 not 30/60...

true, point taken. I didn't think it was an english thing but i fgured i'd ask, just to be sure.

i don't quite get this the second part though, here is how we do it:

so the mathematicaly positive way is clockwise for you? this would be really confusing should i ever work in an english country :p

regards

80571, 93723 - Eudoria northern PVP near Honuri
(...)
END AT INTERSECT

Nice work!

Maybe intersect is the average of above 3 Points; 79287 (1/3), 88520 (2/3) ?

78246 85194
80571 93723
79045 86645
79287 88520

As for quadrants, the numbering/location of quadrants (generally) is:

2 | 1 1: First quadrant 2: Second quadrant etc.
--+---
3 | 4

Lol, explains the 'fun' I have with my German colleagues ;)

So, I would number the quadrants the other way, so

4 | 1
------
3 | 2

so 30[SUP]o[/SUP] in the 4th quadrant becomes 300[SUP]o[/SUP] on a compass - literally 180[SUP]o[/SUP] different to how you show it!

And yes, "mathematically positive" is clockwise, as above

Last edited:
hehe ok, weird. i would have thought it's the same everywhere. but thx for the info. :)

Regards
Thark

yes it does follow the sine wave, but it shouldn't matter wiich way one defines as positive does it?

...actually mate it does, try flying using the sine-wave principle instead of reading a compass. we use true-north as 0, due east is 90, south 180, west 270

However, 'nuff said. But it does go to show if we all have different ways of reading directions, how the feck are we going to solve this little puzzle!

...actually mate it does, try flying using the sine-wave principle instead of reading a compass. we use true-north as 0, due east is 90, south 180, west 270

However, 'nuff said. But it does go to show if we all have different ways of reading directions, how the feck are we going to solve this little puzzle!

Ingame I usually refer to N, SW, ESE etc. Not "the mob at 270 degrees". ,)

Absolutely :D

Shame the 'bots don't do the same!

Absolutely :D

Shame the 'bots don't do the same!

Stupid bots they need to be taught a lesson ;)

edit:
found a nice spot at one of the 4 co-ords. Hiding inside a plant in pvp radar is blocked. No pk'er will be able to see me. The plan being stay there till rx about to die, at that moment jump out one shot kill rx and claim prize. What could possibly go wrong :)

Last edited:
CDF PRIORITY ALERT: ATTACK ON RX IMMINENT - RX LAST SIGHTED AT - COLONISTS ARE URGED TO PREPARE THEMSELVES - ATTACK WILL COMMENCE IN ABOUT 45 MINUTES - END TRANSMISSION.

red message in game

Back