Edit Thread Title

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
Are we cool with having this capability? I know mistakes, but sucks for other things... thoughts?

I mean its useful once you've sold something. Like adding - SOLD on title. Or did mistake on title. But yea it can be abused and get confusing.

It's useful for correcting typos as well as adding and removing items from buy / sell threads.

I wouldn't like it removed.

If someone has found a way of abusing it, then something could be done about them rather than the functionality. ;)

Yeah it used to be possible, you could double click your thread title within 10? minutes after creating and change it.

So far for me it has been usefull. Not sure how it could be abused?...

It is a useful feature to have specially for trading sectiom people can remove sold/bought item.
And also useful for mistakes in title.

I love this feature. Keep it :thumbup:

I like it overall. The only thing I haven’t tested yet is if it affects previous links to that post. Does that make a broken link?

I like it overall. The only thing I haven’t tested yet is if it affects previous links to that post. Does that make a broken link?

Changing the title of a thread does not break existing links.
Such links include a unique thread ID in the URL which the forum uses to display the correct thread.

For the n00bs and idiots among us, how do i change the thread title?

Have i missed a button for that?
"Edit" just opens the text body for me.

For the n00bs and idiots among us, how do i change the thread title?

Have i missed a button for that?
"Edit" just opens the text body for me.
near the top/right next to the watch/unwatch button theres a lil arrow with more.. you can edit it from there. Ive done it a few times with no issues

as an example i just edited this one for you to demonstrate..

Hmmm.
I saw that one before.

But my "More options" only contains "Create poll", nothing else.
Are there certain prerequisite conditions i have to meet before i earn the ability to modify my thread title?

Hmmm.
I saw that one before.

But my "More options" only contains "Create poll", nothing else.
Are there certain prerequisite conditions i have to meet before i earn the ability to modify my thread title?
hmm maybe theres a time limit on it.. like a couple days not sure

Thank you for your help.

I checked years old threads of mine. It is the same there.
But another thread in the trading section offers me the option to "Edit thread".
Maybe it is restricted to certain forum parts, but i don't see a pattern yet.

Back