Effective Efficiency Calculator

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Since a lot of people seem to be pretty bad at math and are not sure which weapons are worth using, or are using something they think is amazing but after paying markup on everything they're better off using a swine deluxe at level 0, I've made a google sheets document that will allow people to just pop in some data from wiki and it will give an effective efficiency of the weapon after markup expenditure.

Just fill out the fields in the middle (most data is available on entropiawiki.com) and it will give you an equivalent efficiency as if you were using an UL weapon without markup. Please note I don't take any responsibility for the calculations, so just use it as a reference if you don't know what you're doing. Also data on wiki isn't guaranteed to be correct so please do your own testing if it doesn't look right.

I'm also working off the assumption that the effect of efficiency is linear and 0-100 is a 7% loot contribution still. I will do some tests on this next week to validate. It also assumes you're maxed on the items, if you're not.. well then that's your own problem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfCBayxEHoUWLoiLOy9h58buUn_FKf6POhdqYckhUM8/edit?usp=sharing

Since a lot of people seem to be pretty bad at math and are not sure which weapons are worth using, or are using something they think is amazing but after paying markup on everything they're better off using a swine deluxe at level 0, I've made a google sheets document that will allow people to just pop in some data from wiki and it will give an effective efficiency of the weapon after markup expenditure.

Just fill out the fields in the middle (most data is available on entropiawiki.com) and it will give you an equivalent efficiency as if you were using an UL weapon without markup. Please note I don't take any responsibility for the calculations, so just use it as a reference if you don't know what you're doing. Also data on wiki isn't guaranteed to be correct so please do your own testing if it doesn't look right.

I'm also working off the assumption that the effect of efficiency is linear and 0-100 is a 7% loot contribution still. I will do some tests on this next week to validate. It also assumes you're maxed on the items, if you're not.. well then that's your own problem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfCBayxEHoUWLoiLOy9h58buUn_FKf6POhdqYckhUM8/edit?usp=sharing
you dont like my maths brah? lol... ok your spreadsheet is better but id like to mention we have confirmed eff is linear and heres the link.. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s/turret-vs-weapon-efficiency-testing.280847/

you dont like my maths brah? lol... ok your spreadsheet is better but id like to mention we have confirmed eff is linear and heres the link.. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...s/turret-vs-weapon-efficiency-testing.280847/

Well thats for turrets, and very likely affects normal looting too. But I do have some more extensive and comprehensive tests I plan on doing that will more completely break down the entire loot contribution formula, which I plan on doing and publishing some time next week.

Well thats for turrets, and very likely affects normal looting too. But I do have some more extensive and comprehensive tests I plan on doing that will more completely break down the entire loot contribution formula, which I plan on doing and publishing some time next week.
oh yeh for sure.. all we can really be sure of is "base loots" if theres such a thing from turrets is deffinitly linear based on eff. it does make it look very much like there is a base loot system which appears to be cost+eff bonus and then other modifiers after.

I'm the OG! *whine* :p

I'm the OG! *whine* :p
ya the turret/eff post is his actually.. sorry didnt mean to hijack it EVEN THO i did contribute the piron data which was obviously key info! =p

No I meant efficiency calc, though this looks better so probably more useful lul

No I meant efficiency calc, though this looks better so probably more useful lul

Pretty much the same tbh. I checked your calculator 2-3y ago already and never went back to L weapons

Thx Hijacker27 :yay:

Your "tool" is awesome, this is what I was looking for!

I have scraped data from wiki and added it, now you just have to pick your weapon and amplifier and manually put in markup data and edit extender decay %.

Again wiki data is not guaranteed to be correct and will not update on my sheet if it is updated on wiki as it was manually added.

Bump for those that haven't seen this yet.

Let me know if there are more features wanted or bugs that need fixing

Due to popular request I have added damage enhancers to the calculations.

Please let me know if everything is working properly

so .... base weapon no enahncer

ewe ep38 special has 706

lp40 perfected has 197
sacrifical dagger has 197
ewe41 mil adj has 194
modmerc has 190
LP 100 has 188
bp130 has 174
MA officer "marco" has 167
I2870 has 116

maybe i dont understand the numbers but to me seems a bit strange ladder :)
i will ask Zeus to swap his garbage pistol for my EWE41 adj as soon as he log in

seems like a double minus error. He'll fix it soon i bet

the automation of the sheet is nice, G9 cells seems the one.
but i love the tool
i suppose the bold number should be between zero and 100
once finished the formula could be converted in the scripts
of wiki and added to Weapon compare tool v2
that would complete the tool also with an eff. perequation

Seems the % symbol in the markup field is causing issues, just leave it at 100.

Will add data validation to it later

the automation of the sheet is nice, G9 cells seems the one.
but i love the tool
i suppose the bold number should be between zero and 100
once finished the formula could be converted in the scripts
of wiki and added to Weapon compare tool v2
that would complete the tool also with an eff. perequation
If you know enough about wiki to do this that would be amazing!

Results on armatrix are really surprising me. i usually looked at DPP / MU
but in an armatrix that has a fixed 7.5% impact of weapon vs bullet
a 110 MU leading to 10.5% eff was not expected indeed
basically a whatever garbage dropped by a mosnter obtained for TT
is better that that... totally unexpected
11 eff poitn are almost 8% return difference.... and ti is not my experience tho.
it is good food for thought on how really the loot generator gnaws ped to spit items

Results on armatrix are really surprising me. i usually looked at DPP / MU
but in an armatrix that has a fixed 7.5% impact of weapon vs bullet
a 110 MU leading to 10.5% eff was not expected indeed
basically a whatever garbage dropped by a mosnter obtained for TT
is better that that... totally unexpected
11 eff poitn are almost 8% return difference.... and ti is not my experience tho.
it is good food for thought on how really the loot generator gnaws ped to spit items
If you think that is bad, look at camo marine stalker ELM at 3000% markup lol

ELM weapons impact is the biggest incomprehension in game.
merging this thread with the one on ELM and with a tutorial
on the weapon compare tool makes 80% of a mentor task

ELM weapons impact is the biggest incomprehension in game.
merging this thread with the one on ELM and with a tutorial
on the weapon compare tool makes 80% of a mentor task
I have no idea how somebody can spend 300 ped on markup, burn one out in 3 hours and think that was a good afternoons hunting.

As an example, I plugged in ArMatrix LR-65 (L) @ 136.30% with ArMatrix L-Amp 55B (L) @ 145%.

Result is 31.63% EE. Seems...lower than it should be? I mean, I know paying markup repeatedly is bad, but this combo has 72.3% eff before markup. I'm struggling to understand how the formula is spitting out such a low number.

As an example, I plugged in ArMatrix LR-65 (L) @ 136.30% with ArMatrix L-Amp 55B (L) @ 145%.

Result is 31.63% EE. Seems...lower than it should be? I mean, I know paying markup repeatedly is bad, but this combo has 72.3% eff before markup. I'm struggling to understand how the formula is spitting out such a low number.

I mean it shows you the math on the side, 2.7% of your tt spend is 'wasted' on markup, and if we go off of 7% tt return difference between 0 efficiency and 100, every 1% of markup is equivalent to 14.28 lower efficiency. 2.7 * 14.28 is 38.5% less effective efficiency.

Scary isn't it? Imagine paying 160%+ for those guns lmao

it is just a way to see the "cost of markkup".
this model accounts the cost of MU in term of 0.07% for each point of efficiency it deducts for mu

In my HUMBLE opinion there is an error in the formula
if i have 7% between 0 and 100... each point is 0.07%
that is generated in the way 7/100
cell H7 reads =(G7-100)*(100/H1)
so basically if i understood logic should be
=(G7-100)*(H1/100)
and results would be "A Bit different" :)
basically if you pay a 0.75% (correctly calculated) as a markup on a 110% armatrix
the loss of Eff can not be 10% but something around 0.75 * 7 = 0.525
if this is the case, please correct

I don't think there's an error in the formula.
You can try to get the "Effective Markup" to 107%, it correctly translates to 100 efficiency loss.
And "Effective Markup" to 100.7% translates to 10 efficiency loss.

The big assumption is stated in the OP:
I'm also working off the assumption that the effect of efficiency is linear and 0-100 is a 7% loot contribution
You have to believe in this for it to work.

This tool is super great btw!
Any hope getting something like this in to the wiki weapon compare tool?
I would be willing to volunteer time to help with something like that. Is someone actively working on the wiki?

And this thread should be sticky! :)

@ miathan i try to polish it expecially to have it sticky too
but the numbers in my opinion just like the initial bug in putting a percentage isntead of a round number seems to be still not correct

Back