EL tracking stopped working

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
globals, hofs, rares are not recorded most of the time with few exceptions in-between, noted Tuesday 14th of September

A bump, as it is not working yet (September 17th). This will give problems for some events, hope it is fixed soon.
You can make a supportcase on EL, you can find it by clicking "contact us" in the footer.

A bump, as it is not working yet (September 17th). This will give problems for some events, hope it is fixed soon.
You can make a supportcase on EL, you can find it by clicking "contact us" in the footer.
So all this time I have been making suggestions in the forum are not even noticed by the dev team?!?!? I bet that is because they don't even play! What do they do then? That really bothers me.

Yeaaa, i have a supportcase unansered from last year. Gl getting help there.

is it know how many players use the Chat reader aplication for EL ?
maybe there are not enought player with the application online

since I am following it daily, no this is abnormal, rare messages are recorded even with few clients around as they are global, what is not recorded in case of not enough players are poorly inhibited planet specific messages (globals)
I checked my log file for presence of the messages, they are there
and, this has happened before needed some maintenance on EntropiaLife
it is sad there are no active maintainers...
is it know how many players use the Chat reader aplication for EL ?
maybe there are not enought player with the application online

What planet are you on?

I think it is back to working now (thanks?), again planets have nothing to do with rares and hofs as they are EU wide

only just noticed that EL is no longer updating globals, dam I have had so many globals in last 4 days on event areas hope they eventually put them back in or I loose a ton of ped. from land of oz event and entropia fund event.

Having events that depend on EL is a very bad idea...

EL provides a service which only works with the input of the players.
EL reads out the game's chat.log on your computer to find your planet's relevant Global messages.

To prevent manipulation, only if five independant EntropiaLive Trackers read out the same global message, it gets verified and recorded on the EL website.
If less than five trackers record the global, it doesn't get listed on EL website.
So if YOU run the EL tracker app on your computer, you already improve the successrate for tracking globals by 20%!

As a bonus candy the Tracker provides automated screenshots of ALL of your Globals, HoFs and ATHs.
Wouldn't it be a shame missing to screenshot your most memorable ingame moment, because you were too shocked to press PrntScrn in time?

“And so, my fellow Entropians: ask not what your EL Tracker can do for you — ask what you can do for your EL Tracker!"

Download your own EL tracker and screenshot service today:
http://www.entropialife.com/Software.aspx (y)

Last edited:
Yes, but EL has a lot of down time even when enough players run the tracker.
Not the site itself, but the connection with the tracker.

The concept is great and fortunately it has been working fine for years - for which we are all thankful.
Like with any software, there are inevitable glitches where maintenance is needed, and that is where the absence of an active maintainer is felt over the last years.
Imho it would be best if next to it, MA provided a feed of this data and maintained it, capturing everything regardless of the planet.
EL provides a service which only works with the input of the players.

Last edited:
Imho it would be best if next to it, MA provided a feed of this data and maintained it, capturing everything regardless of the planet.

Oh it would be so fine, if for a RCE game MA provided a feed of this data and maintained it, capturing everything regardless of the planet for... :
  • Globals
  • Automated global screenshots
  • Automated MU% for items on wiki
  • Inventory MU% calculator
  • etc.

I could extend this list endlessly.

A RCE game.
Since 20 years MA provides NO community support for the core concept of their product.
But the UE5 is sooooo important...

And you wonder why there are still less than 5.000 players?

Last edited:
And it's down again...

Looking at clients currently online it says zero on all planets atm..

Back