Enhancer Break Rate Increased?

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
It seems like enhancers are breaking much faster than they were before. I noticed it significantly when Mayhem started, but it could have started before that. Several others have noted the same.

Respectfully request MindArk look into the break-rate of enhancers and see if it needs to be adjusted back to the way it was before (with lower consumption).

I was noticing this on my excavator lately too, though the way RNG works, it could entirely be a fluke too. I'm retesting to see if the break rate really did change, but I imagine the hunters who get more clicks/minute can probably test that quicker than I can mining.

It seems like enhancers are breaking much faster than they were before. I noticed it significantly when Mayhem started, but it could have started before that. Several others have noted the same.

Respectfully request MindArk look into the break-rate of enhancers and see if it needs to be adjusted back to the way it was before (with lower consumption).

For me, the last few days have not been any different - cost of enhancers proportional to my cycle rate each day. It has been unchanged.

Well, I think it's good to keep our eyes on this. I have a few things I will fall off my chair for in 'surprise' - MA actually telling us about 'readjustments' being one of them.

Enhancer ratio did increase by a lot, right before the Mayhem.
MA does not gain much by this, but they will loose more because people will stop using them since it becomes unsustainable. Poor decision guys.

I had a suspicion they augmented something that was basically perfectly balanced out. Thx Evey!

Last edited:
Enhancer ratio did increase by a lot, right before the Mayhem.
MA does not gain much by this, but they will loose more because people will stop using them since it becomes unsustainable. Poor decision guys.

oh damn

I've noticed my excavator has always chewed through enhancers so I don't use them often on it especially since availability seems to always be low. That being said I have noticed enhancers being used more frequently on my other tools, armor, and weapons in the past week or so.

Does anyone actually have some tangible data? Because mine does not support this assertion.

I have always been right around 0.8% of cycled on average. It has been unchanging.

Does anyone actually have some tangible data? Because mine does not support this assertion.

I have always been right around 0.8% of cycled on average. It has been unchanging.
Well from the limited data I do have, breaks went from 1/3000-4000 PED to now breaking around 1/1000 PED or lower!

Looked over my data. I'm not seeing any change in breakage rate in the past few days.

I'm still at ~58 ped additional cycle per enhancer, which is in line with my historical data.

I asked the team about this, and they confirmed there has been no changes made to the enhancer break rate.

With that being said I wonder if my recent experiences aren't due to someone selling slightly used enhancers?

There is really no way to tell if they have been used before and if that contributes to their break rate when resold or does the enhancer mechanic differ in some way than what I am thinking?

It's like buying something on Amazon at a retail new price and it shows up with obvious signs of use but with virtual items like enhancers there is no visible way to detect this that I know of aside from adding a decay bar like other items in EU.

With that being said I wonder if my recent experiences aren't due to someone selling slightly used enhancers?

There is really no way to tell if they have been used before and if that contributes to their break rate when resold or does the enhancer mechanic differ in some way than what I am thinking?

It's like buying something on Amazon at a retail new price and it shows up with obvious signs of use but with virtual items like enhancers there is no visible way to detect this that I know of aside from adding a decay bar like other items in EU.

I make my own enhancers, so I load 10 slots full of "virgin" enhancers and they don't break at the same (or even predictable) periodicity.

I havent noticed a lot of breaks farming low tier Mayhem mobs.

Thanks Ludwig for the communication, it's always appreciated.

I asked the team about this, and they confirmed there has been no changes made to the enhancer break rate.

Thanks Ludvig.

That goes to show the importance of statistical analyses too. It’s so easy for us to think we see a trend when in reality it’s just pure chance (e.g., a fair coin can still get a bunch of tails in a row).

I confirm- no change noticed when it comes to enhancer break rate

Isn't it just a percentage chance to break each shot? I didn't think slutty enhancers would have a higher risk of breaking than good girl Christian ones.
Unless that statement was just made to make a funny. In that case, Ha ha.

also, pay attention to the amount of dodges and evades that mobs are doing. It could just be me feeling like I am noticing something, but I don't like it. There is not much RNG going on. I am seeing 5 out of 20 shots get dodged sometimes. I don't think that is close to fair on a maxed weapon, and on a mob 30 levels lower than my highest weapon skill.

also, pay attention to the amount of dodges and evades that mobs are doing. It could just be me feeling like I am noticing something, but I don't like it. There is not much RNG going on. I am seeing 5 out of 20 shots get dodged sometimes. I don't think that is close to fair on a maxed weapon, and on a mob 30 levels lower than my highest weapon skill.
Use some tools like EuDmg or something you can see in long run evade/dodges are 10% in short run it may be 9%-11% but if u keep shooting it comes close to 10%

I wanna add that last week I ran frequently into occurrences like this, from a usually ~15enh broken / hr. And when I say frequently, I really mean it.

WbmEC1w.png

No longer the case for the past 3 days or so. Maybe it was a coincidence....

is this something new?

Edit: Sorry Eve, I misread your post. 15/h is actually ok, but I was thinking you are complaining about it. Not the case, my bad

Back