Enhancers mafia :D

Status

Alina

Elite
Society
freeeeee
Stoica Alina Alina
So between Halloween and last update the pyrite amount didn't change. Per day i estimate was mined 5000-6000 tt. Why the enhs really went up in price ? Because most of pyrite was in lootable pvp and only few miners were mining it and were selling to same big crafters.

So now why are you guys paying more for enhs ? Because the only way to profit decent from enhs is to push the price and having a long event will be quite helpful but overall also the demand for enhancers raised a bit but not for a 50-60% extra in price. Everything else they sale ("they reduced pyrite drop " ,No they didnt, but just because you guys had the power to buy all for 1 month before and event it really reduced the pyrite on market and raised the price) are lies just like politicians :)) They been trying this for a while but this first time in like 1-2 years they succeed.

Gonna add this : one of the dudes involved in this is also clearing my auction entries of enhancers to rise the market.

Ok now the good part. Pyrite is more open and wont be controlled by same 3-4 miners but i dont think we are going to see changes very soon in price. We had same situation with pvp4 and was bad (1 spot, few miners)

Last edited:
If removing pyrite from lootable pvp gives less control to the few that controlled the pyrite market, then this is a very good thing. It will benefit the community.

Great job MA :)
Yes! 100% agree ..

If removing pyrite from lootable pvp gives less control to the few that controlled the pyrite market, then this is a very good thing. It will benefit the community.

Great job MA :)
I disagree. Lootable pvp is only place where skills and equipement mather. Second thing if they add pyrite everywhere it would ruin MU totally. My solution is to a add bit more to other planets lootable pvp but not too much. Main of pyrite should remain with pvp3 on Eudoria. I am saying this as hardcore miner and very weak pker.

I disagree. Lootable pvp is only place where skills and equipement mather. Second thing if they add pyrite everywhere it would ruin MU totally. My solution is to a add bit more to other planets lootable pvp but not too much. Main of pyrite should remain with pvp3 on Eudoria. I am saying this as hardcore miner and very weak pker.
I disagree, I think they should put pyrite on my Land Area, I am saying this as a LA owner and very weak pker.

MA removed pyrite, blood moss, and fire root pellet from RT PVP years ago. It's just mainly lyst and oil there now. :poop:

Let's make a "Noob crafter" calculation....
as a rule of thumb i proxy Pyrite x0.6/0.8/0.53 = pyrite * 1.42 = Enhancers MU
(in case of any interest can share a spreadsheet image with theorycrafting)

100% Pyrite = 142% enhancers
150% Pyrite = 213% enhancers
200% pyrite = 284% enhancers

that is a BARE SURVIVAL FOR CRAFTING and the profit come off some Blueprint drop
so.... efficient market leave Crafters of enhacners with a fixed 2 pec...3 pec profit per enhancer
the rest is ALL TO THE MINER OR THE RESELLER.

that means just one thing... some ppl controlling the PVP zone and AMBUSH miners
looking aty pyrite globals or exploiting radar in ANY WAY that they can CORNER the price.
simply........

If Pyrite goes to non looteable areas, ALL can mine it, yes it would fall to lower level
but avoid that some cartel pose a TAX on 90% of hunters.

I know it is the start of a flame, but i back for the removal of lootable zones both in space and in planets.

MA removed pyrite, blood moss, and fire root pellet from RT PVP years ago. It's just mainly lyst and oil there now. :poop:
I know that it would be good to double tt wave on Arkadia. For other planets pvp i dont know but in my opinion all planets lootable pvps should have some amount of pyrite.

Such a big shift around of a resource so used and with such a big impact on the entire activity in the game should have come with increased drop to not make the prices spike just before the main event of the year...
Pyrite seems less in terms of what a player can get in a short amount of time and if it's spread out it will be a while until it gets back to more decent price. Being so spread over all PVPs and on the New Treasure Island, it's a bit hard to say it's the same, more or less per day. It feels like less atm...

If it's true and they removed cap, we can even see pyrite towers? :D

I would assume, and hope, they will do something even better for lootable PVPs in the near future to keep people PVP-oriented motivated to skill up and gear up.

Let's make a "Noob crafter" calculation....
as a rule of thumb i proxy Pyrite x0.6/0.8/0.53 = pyrite * 1.42 = Enhancers MU
(in case of any interest can share a spreadsheet image with theorycrafting)

100% Pyrite = 142% enhancers
150% Pyrite = 213% enhancers
200% pyrite = 284% enhancers

My excel is saying with output at 109/pyrite 150 and max success rate ~210-211% so u are not much off :p

i said it Alina.... need 2 pec statistical profit to click :)

Do you think they recruiting?
Sign me up guys if you do member / worker discount's.

Do you think they recruiting?
Sign me up guys if you do member / worker discount's.
Funny but... people will eventually find out, spread the word and generally, when someone is buying from AH or others just to keep the price up like the guy Alina is talking about, it's pretty bad [....]

Last edited:
i'm just going to copy/paste what i wrote in discord last night.

"pyrite is easier than ever to mine

i can't believe how much i pulled last night
you don't even have to go in lootable for it anymore
you can even find it on TI
just because the spot E of aegis got fucked and parts of pvp had shifts to iron/lyst doesn't mean there's less pyrite
just means the russian exploiters and the 1.6 people that care about lootable pvp have to go somewhere else for the first time in 5 years

part-way through mayhem enhancers are gonna be 160-170% lmao
pyrite 130% or lower soon."

my view is similar to OP's and is nothing new. the main miners of pyrite in lootable sold to a specific few crafters who worked the market in their favor during events. I also won't name the player in question but we all know who your are ;)

However, lootable used to be the best spawn of pyrite and now it's not. more pyrite is being pulled up than ever before. We also have MM coming and players like myself require 10k+ enhancers to get us through a few weeks of shooting, so we cleaned everyone out. the best way to get enhancers was simply to craft them yourself recently or work with a group of players to mine pyrite while the one with BPs crafts enhancers and every shares the cost. it's not hard.

just go drop lvl 5 - dclass amps in the NE quadrant of argus non-lootable and watch your pyrite stacks explode risk-free

Last edited:
I don't know if Alina is talking about me or someone else but lets assume its me so here is my 2pec on it

I DO buy from auction sometimes. If it is cheaper to buy from auction than craft, I do it and I am not ashamed of it. However I do not do it to keep prices high. At the end of the day I do not care what the pyrite or outputs cost, but I care what are the costs to make enhancers. Honestly I would not be crafting anything if I didn't at the very least break even. Isn't that the goal of crafting or any other activity in general?
While I do sometimes buy from auction, as explained above I still get hit by the opposite end of the stick back, by other buying enhancers from my shop and reselling them on auction or in their shops for higher price. This is the only reason why t10 damage enhancers are more expensive in my shop, because if they are not they are being bought out by the traders and resold in auction, and I hate to see that. 2 ways I combat that is 1 - selling them a little higher in the shop so they don't end up for much more in auction, and 2 - listing them on auction, undercutting the reseller, to hopefully have his listing end without a sale. I dislike both solutions, but I don't know a better one.

I have been crafting a little more lately than before, not by too too much, but I had a goal to stack up 1-1.5k of each enhancer before Merry Mayhem so I can shoot more and craft less during this time. However price on pyrite wasn't changing much. I have been buying directly from many players, and I have auction order going most of the time.
Price started going up a lot right before the TI update. Quick research on the tracker showed that there is another guy who has ramped up his enhancer crafting a lot since end of October. So maybe we just created this big demand unknowingly, a side effect? When prices went up I asked some of the guys I usually buy from if the drop rate has changed, or is there any other indicators that something is up, and I had an answer that drop rate is same, no changes.
After new TI update, I was told that drop rate for pyrite is down by 92%, I don't mine myself, so that's the only thing I could go by, true or not. At this point i slowed down my pyrite purchases and crafting too. I had a good stack of enhancers that I was stacking for Mayhem, so I had something to piggy back on while MA sorts drop rate, at least I hoped.

So make it what you want to make it out of it, but I will say again, I am not trying to keep prices high, because truthfully I do not care what enhancers sell for, be it 150% or 300%, as long as it doesn't cost more to craft them than what they sell for. I do however prefer enhancers to be cheaper, for 2 reasons - Community can use cheap enhancers and secondly we can craft more of them, which then in turn makes metal residue to be cheaper and that in turn makes mining amps and AR matrix guns a bit cheaper. So in my opinion cheaper is better, its a win win win win. So I do not try to keep any prices high.

/Soko

I would like to know who you speak of.

just go drop lvl 5 - dclass amps in the NE quadrant of argus non-lootable and watch your pyrite stacks explode risk-free
Thanks for the tip. If I may add, while you're at it, do us all a favor, kill the miner bot, he's not gonna retaliate and he'll be white dot for a while :D

I have a set of qr 100 dmg enhancer bps 1-9 and I used to craft and was able to eek out a small profit. But I cant anymore so I had to quit, I miss crafting. I don't mine, I would buy from auction and resell direct to players. It became nearly impossible to get pyrite at a decent price and enhancers kept going cheaper. Maybe when all this is settled I can craft again. Im not looking to make a fortune but I don't want to go into it knowing its a loss.

One thing I don't think is fair, Everyone and their mother can click 1-4 enhancers easily because of the low skill requirement. But as you get higher especially 7-10 the amount of people who actually have the skills to click them quickly drops. I don't understand why a level 1 enhancer that everyone can click should have the same MU as the level 9 enhancer that took me tens of thousands of ped cycling and skilling to be able to produce should have the same MU. Yes I understand they have the same material cost. But they have a lot more time and skill cost to make and their price should reflect that. That is where my profit level should be. Clicking the higher level ones. Yet when people want to buy enhancers they expect them all to be the same price and interchangeable. And when I tried to introduce a scaled pricing system based on the enhancer level I got backlash from my buyers.

seems that next land grab is PVP3 to extract Pyrite....
i think we all know who controls it.....

I have a set of qr 100 dmg enhancer bps 1-9 and I used to craft and was able to eek out a small profit. But I cant anymore so I had to quit, I miss crafting. I don't mine, I would buy from auction and resell direct to players. It became nearly impossible to get pyrite at a decent price and enhancers kept going cheaper. Maybe when all this is settled I can craft again. Im not looking to make a fortune but I don't want to go into it knowing its a loss.

One thing I don't think is fair, Everyone and their mother can click 1-4 enhancers easily because of the low skill requirement. But as you get higher especially 7-10 the amount of people who actually have the skills to click them quickly drops. I don't understand why a level 1 enhancer that everyone can click should have the same MU as the level 9 enhancer that took me tens of thousands of ped cycling and skilling to be able to produce should have the same MU. Yes I understand they have the same material cost. But they have a lot more time and skill cost to make and their price should reflect that. That is where my profit level should be. Clicking the higher level ones. Yet when people want to buy enhancers they expect them all to be the same price and interchangeable. And when I tried to introduce a scaled pricing system based on the enhancer level I got backlash from my buyers.
Its called a free market... The same reason you started losing on he business is the same reason for your buyers to backlash on your new pricing list..

Time for all miners to get swole so they can go mine in pvp areas. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. If I may add, while you're at it, do us all a favor, kill the miner bot, he's not gonna retaliate and he'll be white dot for a while :D
MA made the mistake of popping a revive terminal literally 200m away from the "common spot"

Its called a free market... The same reason you started losing on he business is the same reason for your buyers to backlash on your new pricing list..

Time for all miners to get swole so they can go mine in pvp areas. Good luck!
I understand what a free market is and how it works. But this isnt really a free market because of the tools at our disposal within the game and the influence MA puts into it or doesnt.

I I don't understand why a level 1 enhancer that everyone can click should have the same MU as the level 9 enhancer that took me tens of thousands of ped cycling and skilling to be able to produce should have the same MU. Yes I understand they have the same material cost. But they have a lot more time and skill cost to make and their price should reflect that.
I disagree, if it costs the same to click, it should cost the same to craft and it should cost the same on the market. ONLY reason I mark up my t10 enhancers in shop is due to the fact that if I don't, then resellers take advantage of that. Those who buy from me direct, know I do not ask them more for t10 enhancers.
I even swap t10 enhancers with other crafters/hunters that don't have skill to click them, so I just take other tiers for same amount of tier 10s.

ALL can craft tier 1 enhancers... if they craft 25.000+ they get a QR 100 bp
then with gained skill can craft level 2 then 3 then 4
skill come with clicking.
the sale of lower tier (or the benefit to use them) is the reward for skilling
extreme case : i craft 500.000 level 1 enhancre and rank to 40 craft .... i was paid with markup generated, i dotn need to have a RAMP of prices

clicking a tier 5 or a tier 1 is same 2.10 ped TT per click skill progression.

a word apart is for level 4.... Socket 4 comp come off Droka and are not farmed as other so supply can be low in some moments, maybe those can be worth 1 pec more :)

I disagree, if it costs the same to click, it should cost the same to craft and it should cost the same on the market. ONLY reason I mark up my t10 enhancers in shop is due to the fact that if I don't, then resellers take advantage of that. Those who buy from me direct, know I do not ask them more for t10 enhancers.
I even swap t10 enhancers with other crafters/hunters that don't have skill to click them, so I just take other tiers for same amount of tier 10s.

ALL can craft tier 1 enhancers... if they craft 25.000+ they get a QR 100 bp
then with gained skill can craft level 2 then 3 then 4
skill come with clicking.
the sale of lower tier (or the benefit to use them) is the reward for skilling
extreme case : i craft 500.000 level 1 enhancre and rank to 40 craft .... i was paid with markup generated, i dotn need to have a RAMP of prices

clicking a tier 5 or a tier 1 is same 2.10 ped TT per click skill progression.

a word apart is for level 4.... Socket 4 comp come off Droka and are not farmed as other so supply can be low in some moments, maybe those can be worth 1 pec more :)
But because everyone can click one, there is a higher supply which typically exceeds demand, even though tier 1-2 are the most commonly used enhancers. The price of the t10 enhancers shouldn't be dictated by the price of the t1 but it is. And as you said some of the components are harder to come by and those have their own values. At each level enhancer there are multiple different market forces at play, how many are needed by players, how large a supply of the socket pieces there are, and whether you can click them efficiently. So theoretically each enhancer should realistically have its own MU like the AH shows, but they are all lumped together into 1 price because they all have the same TT value to click even though other market forces would make the higher level ones more valuable. Right or wrong it is what it is. I can't change that, I don't plan to change that. When prices go back to something I can click and not lose money I will resume making them. Until then I will just continue to rent my BP's to people who want to make their own or skill.

Status
Back