I Call this ... "Purple Inspiration"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-52-59-85.jpg

Abremalin Malin Gesticar
I call this ... "Somber Swamp"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-54-25-25.jpg

Abremalin Malin Gesticar
I call this ... "Liquid Energy"

entropia_2009-05-13_01-53-55-48.jpg

I happen to be ... a "Malin" photo art fan, and even did a video of his exhibit during the Christmas season one year, but YouTube removed the music track. :(

Anyway ... congratulations to the winners. :yay: I will be back in about 6 hours to see who came closest to my top 3 picks. :D Appreciating art is so subjective. ;)

I am most honoured, oh Purple one.

I just noticed that I got a little EF HOF of 777 Ped too :eek:
My third ped winnage on this forum, and by far the greatest...
Many thanks for hosting such an delightful event Mr Auktuma, I must say I really enjoyed browsing through the art created by fellow Calypsians(and their mothers ;)), there really is quite a bit of talent out there. I hope more exhibitions like these are to take place in the future, I am sure that I am to exhibit a couple more of my pieces, and I hope you guys will too.

Thanks!

Thank you Mindstar9...without your mini contest attached my subjective view of art would not have matched anything...Also Great Big thanks to Auktuma for the contest...and I figured out your artworks...hope you don't mind me posting them here.

Nadia Lexxy Chey - Diptic Buildings in Nude
Simon Hakansson - Energy Flow
Jitse Akse - Moon Child

Happy I had 1 close...^_-

P.S. Could be wrong about the artworks but fairly sure...

Thanks nathanos and gratz - you were quick finding my fav3 :p

For me it was:
1. Naked soul of concrete megapolis (#20 artwork). Thanks to Nadia Lexxy Chey
2. Texture material for Destiny Cloth: ATH or Threads of Escape. (#34 artwork. thanks to Simon Håkansson!)
3. Hypergeometric progression :D (Woman/Girl & Magic -> I'm slave, don't shoot me please) (#17. by Atlan Ion Leticron: Moon Child. Thanks!)

Some time after the beginning of contest I thought I should have set to fav 10 to unpuzzle for you - it was so hard to choose just 3 and unfair towards a lot longer list of artists I liked much. But from other side with just 3 you, my friends, got easier studies, so I hope it was more fun in comparison to if I chosen 10.

#39. Even 30 (!) of you named "The Entropian" by Corey Wray will be one of my chosen ones for contest. Vibrant one for us, entropians, that's for sure! Thanks, Onciest Dropkick Advrise! It is on my top list of artworks too. "Arch Master Teleporter". By the way who was posing you? ;)

#41. Charrosa Silva Mak: World Within Worlds & Hidden Agenda. 25 (!) of you mentioned it will be on my list of 3. Oh, yeah, it's amazingly deep one. But reading it I’m scared to open my mind. I've seen so many photographs& projections of same world on my scientific studies of living cell - the artwork goes to deeper layers of understanding. "Two viewpoints". One could see complexity of our world (world within worlds!) - thanks to Charrosa Silva Mak showing we should search for different viewpoints and solutions to complexity.

#4. p1ss3d off n00b. Artwork by my in-game friend, Jamhot Jamhot DaddyO. 16 guesses. MA and Daddy o_O, forgive me for my black humor and lets laugh together: "n00b: MA, have you learnt how to swim coz I’m gonna ... on you.". Life is colorful and it's good time to time to learn black too. For n00b or MA or any of us. Best if we could have fun on the study of black when it wheels on us! Thanks MA :thumbup: and JamHot :thumbup: (I bet it was surprise for you too m8)

#6. Geertje Peggeman: Calida. 14. Spawn, man, your mom rocks! Riotous dance of warm/hot colors. The artwork was on my verrry top. Costa Cálida? This summer we plan to visit Spain and Portugal with my family - on dreams to have slight touch to different type of spirit.

#8. Arh non Ral: Kilkara. You are beautiful, Kilkara! Thanks, Arh non Ral. People, you were close naming the artwork (14 guesses) - it was on my list of top favorites. Many of my triplets had it.

#11. Ulla Jamira Braun: The Lone Hunter. (13 guesses). Oh, Ulla Jamira, I'm fan of you and liked much your "The Lone Hunter". Very deep one for me, energetic. Woman, Red, Blade, Sunset - ufff, it's shock therapy :D Amazing! Thanks!
If you will meet me in game, please, access password will be "the lone hunter" ;) - really I would like some help with several details.

All above were on top on your guesses and on my favorites. I would like to bring more of my favorites.

I like nature so much and especially water and green.
MS9, I liked much the energy of water too - #9: by Abremalin Malin Gesticar: Niagra Falls. Power of water. And ... for us, old entropians, is vibrant if to change N to V and read new name :D Hehe

As well as next artwork by Abremalin is also on my top: #10 Saluda River, SC. Amazing! I would like to be there so much and hear sounds and breath air too! Thanks, Abremalin!
My/our thanks goes to Adam Cooper for both artworks - I liked more brighter one. And thanks to Tom Psychodadiks Delonge for both pieces. Good to escape time to time from machines, fractals, brainstorming and to feel in depth of blue and tranquility of green, to feel into senses, to get different flight.

Amazing artwork for me is presented by Robin R. Jackson (in-game Mayana Maya Riechert (?)) - #22: Fixed painting no. 1. Colors of Dimensions. The path crossing it is seen. Deep one when you get into details. Thanks!!

I like much "La Suite Romona" presented by Francois Vassivière (artwork #29). Unique touch. Extrasensory. Another side of the world I've seen too on "The Washing", #30. I've read it "Wash your spirit to be light and escaped from dirt to pass through the grey wall of life". (c:there could be alternative methods but I like efforts)

#33. Very unique view to the world presented on "thetree" by Valerio Tonetti. I've read it "Future: mod. Tree of Life" :D Made me to think on where to we go... It great thing with art is dimensionality - other day I could enter different dimension while reading it and come to different.

Thanks to Calivas MrX Lucky presenting "Pressure". We spend more and more time lately at that state and it is time to find out new sides/colors of it.

#36. by iris goast wisper (?) named "Mandala". It's universal :p I've read it for myself "Entropia Universe" where we are color dots with our communication and path shown. We are moving around within this closed space.

#38. Le Dragon Noir by Draad Draad Ultran. Or "Cry2: FF= Fighting Falx"? ;)

#40. "From Calypso to Earth and back" by Joshua Jot Avarius. I've read it "Hm, hm, the area is too grey and missing of some healthy green!" :D

Thanks, Francie Modprincess Jagger!!
Thanks, Kalya Mad mady!!
Thanks, Lliriel Lili Vandree!!
Thanks, Dagny Lilac Lane!
Thanks iLa fresco Ano, -AFK Nu -AFK and Cyxos Cyx Hax!

Once again thanks to all artists!!!

/auk

Last edited:
For results please visit initial page on this thread

First of all, thank you Auktuma for this little event.
It kept the exhibition under peoples attention.
If you did not have don it, the exhibition was probably drowned among the other events which are going on.

Also thanks to all the other artists for participating in the exhibition.
It really great to see people joining into a event that is not ruled by ped, skills or popularity.

And as last.
A big thank you to all the people who like my art.
Its a great honour and truly gives a warm feeling.

I know I have a very specific style and taste regarding art and it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Thank you all again.

With kind regards.
Ion

Just a little note ... that Auktuma has asked me if I would handle the prize award ceremony for him since he will be away from EU a week or so on a vacation of sorts, so I gladly accepted.

I can tell you ... that Auktuma and I discussed it, and the plan for the ceremony is going to be a unique one, and a first, so I'm hoping that all winners and other participants (whether you won or not) will join the fun, because Auktuma has given me something to share with those who did not win, but participated in the contest, and those present will be able to share in Auktuma's extended generosity. Those not present will have to catch up with me after the ceremony, but it would be nice for everyone to be there to support the winners, and applaud Auktuma's innovative idea for initiating this creative contest.

Sorry to be cryptic, but ... I will be posting a thread about the ceremony on Monday with all of the details, so be sure to watch for it. I will be distributing the prizes on behalf of Auktuma. JamHot, GoNi, and bizarrick will be distributing their EFD to the winners of their added contest, as will I. :D

Watch for the thread ... but I will also come here and post a link to it. ;)

Just a little note ... that Auktuma has asked me if I would handle the prize award ceremony for him since he will be away from EU a week or so on a vacation of sorts, so I gladly accepted.

I can tell you ... that Auktuma and I discussed it, and the plan for the ceremony is going to be a unique one, and a first, so I'm hoping that all winners and other participants (whether you won or not) will join the fun, because Auktuma has given me something to share with those who did not win, but participated in the contest, and those present will be able to share in Auktuma's extended generosity. Those not present will have to catch up with me after the ceremony, but it would be nice for everyone to be there to support the winners, and applaud Auktuma's innovative idea for initiating this creative contest.

Sorry to be cryptic, but ... I will be posting a thread about the ceremony on Monday with all of the details, so be sure to watch for it. I will be distributing the prizes on behalf of Auktuma. JamHot, GoNi, and bizarrick will be distributing their EFD to the winners of their added contest, as will I. :D

Watch for the thread ... but I will also come here and post a link to it. ;)

This is indeed a good time for my gold card reader to malfunction wholly, locking me out of EU..

I hope I can get it fixed before the ceremony..

#6. Geertje Peggeman: Calida. 14. Spawn, man, your mom rocks! Riotous dance of warm/hot colors. The artwork was on my verrry top. Costa Cálida? This summer we plan to visit Spain and Portugal with my family - on dreams to have slight touch to different type of spirit.

First of all, thanks a bunch!
It is indeed painted in Spain, my mother created the rough sketches in Nerja.

Award ceremony thread link

Don't think the link got posted in this thread yet:

Auktuma's Art Contest Prize Ceremony

I am humbled, of course, and congratulations to all winners! It seems that choosing Energy Flow by Simon Hakansson was the key to success.

Noodles

This is indeed a good time for my gold card reader to malfunction wholly, locking me out of EU..

I hope I can get it fixed before the ceremony..

:( ... awwww ... I hope it gets sorted in time Hon ... because it would be awesome for you to be able to attend the ceremony on Friday night. Either way ... I'll make sure to catch up with you. ;)

Don't think the link got posted in this thread yet:

Auktuma's Art Contest Prize Ceremony

I am humbled, of course, and congratulations to all winners! It seems that choosing Energy Flow by Simon Hakansson was the key to success.

Noodles

Thank you Noodles ... I appreciate that you posted the link to the ceremony thread for me. I've had a gazillion things going on and I should have done that immediately. I will be more diligent going forward. I hope that we will have the pleasure of your presence at the ceremony, along with many of the participants. I think I better personally contact them in case they don't read this thread again, or think the ceremony is just for the winners. :D

Thanks much to Auktuma for his generosity to all the participants. :) Think I'll go to swamp camp this weekend & spread the love. So if you see me there (and you're fairly new) keep an eye on the local chat. I may just have something for ya. ;)

Thank you Auktuma for an awsome competition with awsome prices, also big thanks to Mindstar9 for holding the price ceremony.
Thanks to all the competition sponsors and ofcourse all the awsome artists for great artwork!

Had a load of fun! :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks once again

Heya dear people,
In May 19, me and Mrs. Auk, we were celebrating our 25 Years Together - that was the reason I was away from EU last week. We had a very wonderful week in a small Lithuanian town. Away from any worries/care other than about each other. There were amazingly warm people around there, beautiful nature. Great river, lakes, mineral springs, much of green. Shocking spirit of area. We liked our event. That was unique time.

Most hard part for me was not to worry about the event. Many thanks to dear MS9 for that great help on organizing award ceremony. I'm happy all you had nice and unique time. Thanks MS9!

Once again I wish to thank Simon the Guide and FPC team for organising the Art Exhibition, I wish to thank all artists for their artworks what opened our eyes to different world we liked, what shown new directions for us, I wish to thank all who shared attention to our small event and I wish to thank all who visited Gallery of Fine Arts and been with us in mind. I hope we have had some unique moments to remember in future.
I hope all we won something positive. I will be looking to win more time from real life for to organise more events.

/auk

Think I'll go to swamp camp this weekend & spread the love. So if you see me there (and you're fairly new) keep an eye on the local chat. I may just have something for ya. ;)

Thanks!!! +rep .

Thanks Auktuma!!!

Thanks a bunch Auktuma...The contest was fun, interesting, and gave me the motivation to make the laggy trip into New Oxford to appreciate all the art on display! I am very glad I got to enjoy the artwork and figure out the puzzle of what your art picks were. Since you were having such a good time in real life and unable to attend here are a few screenshots from the prize ceremony/party and there are more screenies in the gallery under events if you want to see more of the action (and Jamhot in his red undies! :eek:).

Thanks a bunch Auktuma...The contest was fun, interesting, and gave me the motivation to make the laggy trip into New Oxford to appreciate all the art on display! I am very glad I got to enjoy the artwork and figure out the puzzle of what your art picks were. Since you were having such a good time in real life and unable to attend here are a few screenshots from the prize ceremony/party and there are more screenies in the gallery under events if you want to see more of the action (and Jamhot in his red undies! :eek:).

Cheerz for pics, nahtanos, I needed that! Thanks to our Star for the crescendo!

Thank you Auktuma it was lots of fun, and thank you for the gifts :)

thank you MS9 for your part as well,

narfi

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, and thanks kindly to Auktuma for the generous participation prize I received last night!!!

Here is a great screenie of the "Party People" arriving via wormhole:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Special thanks to the Most Generous Entropian of the Year for awarding me with a tittle to display in Bizarrick's Trophy Room of Bizarre in addition to the consolation prize for taking part in his Fine-Art Appreciation Contest.

For those of you who do not yet know, I'm the winner of the "Diferent View Point" special price; meaning I couldn't have chosen a weirder selection of artworks. :laugh:

Now that the public is informed, I'm off to figuratively bask under the paradoxical rays of irony. Have a nice week-end. :silly2:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, and thanks kindly to Auktuma for the generous participation prize I received last night!!!

Here is a great screenie of the "Party People" arriving via wormhole:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

What's up with the gigantic sweater? ^^

Excellent Event btw, thanks to Auktuma, MS9 and Jamhot, Excellent work guys

For those of you who do not yet know, I'm the winner of the "Diferent View Point" special price; meaning I couldn't have chosen a weirder selection of artworks. :laugh:

I've chosen winner of that title looking to results, but what a paradox situation - bizarrick have won it, hehe. Should be no surprize with that bizarre Different View Point :D

Excellent event !
Indeed it been great initiative of MA and artists and it was great to have joiners (thanks once again!) to my initiative to add some different flavor to the contest, add additional prizes to most active visitors and with that initiative go advertising the input of artists. Memorable time. Though it been hard to breakthrough for artists even that time when we had many various entertaining events, contests, shows. Nostalgia :)

Back