Entropedia Database Dump

Site Admin
Admin
Latest copy of the Entropedia database available for download:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/wiki/entropia_wiki_data_dump-2022-01-01.zip

The database format is MySQL.

Entropians are free to use this database as a starting point for not-for-profit community tools and projects.

I have excluded a single table from the database dump, 'accounts', which contains Entropedia user account data (including email addresses) that should not be made public for security reasons.

***Previous Data Dumps***
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Downloads/Community_2018_07_08.zip
www.entropiaforum.com/downloads/wiki/entropedia_2016-11-08.sql.gz (707 MB)
www.entropiaforum.com/downloads/wiki/entropedia_2016-02-11.zip (662 MB)

Last edited:
I will be setting up a MySQL server hosting this database, if anyone likes to build web gui tools for it.

I will be setting up a MySQL server hosting this database, if anyone likes to build web gui tools for it.

Nice initiative e-lite.

Just to be clear: the issues affecting Entropedia are not related to the MySQL server or hosting (which I provide), but rather are due to the inefficiency of the customized Wiki platform (coded in ASP), which has been unmaintained for quite a long time now.

Thanks, Ill update some of the outdated info I already had for my site tools and databases, which will also update my android app. (free ofc)

Much appreciated.

Nice move, downloading it ATM. Entropia Database Project can start with some data.... However what would be nice if there was some forum group here or anywhere for open for anyone with knowledge and ideas as individual project may end as Witte's one.

+ REP deserved

:yay:

I have setup a new dedicated MySQL server running this database now. If anyone is interested in making any tools or projects using this database, contact me for an account to the server.

Also, if anyone is looking to setup their own MySQL using this database dump, you will need to change the following in your MySQL config:

In the config file /etc/mysql/my.cnf

Search for "max_allowed_packet"
The default value is 16M, Change the value to 64M. Save the config file, reload the MySQL service.

Fantastic start from you both....i am not a programmer but I wish whoever helps out, all the best!

Rgds

Ace

Tempted to build something around it.

I would suggest at this point to reach out to E-Lite and maybe even create a sub-forum. You don't want 10 new entropedias each with different functions, people should collaborate ;)

Someone create a git project or something .d

Tempted to build something around it.

I would suggest at this point to reach out to E-Lite and maybe even create a sub-forum. You don't want 10 new entropedias each with different functions, people should collaborate ;)

Someone create a git project or something .d

A public git project would be great way to do it and make it easier and let people add functionality and fix issues.

Dreamhost is an awesome webhost

I had an account at dreamhost - in my experience they were REALLY GOOD to deal with. and the had existing software for their users like wordpress and i think wiki's - they also did MySQL for sure.

If i had the time i would utilise this service. they are cheap too like 10 bucks a month ...

I recommend someone to go this route...

I will DL the database and do this sometime in the future if someone else doesnt.

But it looks like ppl are getting to it . and Good job of that...

Awesome, great to see that the database was finally made public. All the best to the people who builds websites/resources around this and of course +rep to 711 for the database!

Cheers
Jonas

And from there, can we do something like WoWhead where the data is farmed while a software is running in the background? Auto updating?

Not possible, since you can't read out the loot itself or stats of items/mobs automatically. There was a tool working with Entropedia in the past that could track your team loot for a mob and you could then upload it to entropedia.

Or we can start incorporating all of this data to http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/ since that site seems to be more stable, and has a bunch of useful information there already
Well it's a long way from a standard wiki interface to the WeaponCompare tool (just an example!), that parses the weapons databases and then incorporates amps, enhancer cost and L weapon markup on the fly... Not a rocket science ofc but this custom code has to be (re)created by somebody.

nice move, big thanks!

me and my boss are IT professionals/coders and we will have a deeper look into it this weekend

we got everything we need in our company, like a 32gb 32core interlagos db-server, or our dedicated 100mbit fibre internet, and the friggin skills to get the shit done

:yup:

nice move, big thanks!

me and my boss are IT professionals/coders and we will have a deeper look into it this weekend

we got everything we need in our company, like a 32gb 32core interlagos db-server, or our dedicated 100mbit fibre internet, and the friggin skills to get the shit done

:yup:

I have zero database / website programming skills, so i will contribute good will :yay:

Rgds

Ace

Nice :) I'm going to tank it down and store it. If someone hasn't created a second Entropedia site by summer and I'm not too busy I'll build a new Entropedia site just for the fun of it and as a bakup for myself if Entropedia goes down(or I'm getting to furious with waiting for a response from entropiawiki.com, hehe ).

I am fairly new with sql files, and I have it uploaded, but it is a bit too big to break into smaller files without root access I guess.

Is there a program that can take a base file like the one released and break it into separate database files? This would make it a snap to move around. Thanks

Not possible, since you can't read out the loot itself or stats of items/mobs automatically. There was a tool working with Entropedia in the past that could track your team loot for a mob and you could then upload it to entropedia.

This is possible but the code is a bit tricky. You need to use the same OCR libraries that skill scanner uses, and you could read the loot as it pops up on the overall window (not loot box) with training.

I am fairly new with sql files, and I have it uploaded, but it is a bit too big to break into smaller files without root access I guess.

Is there a program that can take a base file like the one released and break it into separate database files? This would make it a snap to move around. Thanks

This is possible but the code is a bit tricky. You need to use the same OCR libraries that skill scanner uses, and you could read the loot as it pops up on the overall window (not loot box) with training.

I would stick it on a server and use Navicat to look at the structure and data , you can also move stuff around if you want using this and copy tables as well really easily.

I have created another archive which contains each Entropedia database table in a separate .sql file for those having trouble with a single large file.

www.entropiaforum.com/downloads/entropedia_tables.tgz

Note that these .sql files do not contain database creation commands, so you will need to create the database manually before importing these individual table files.

This sir is beautiful. Thank you. :)

I have created a method in which to update databases from within the game via an Overwolf app. If I ever finish this as a releasable version I will surely post it here.

Worked great, couple of small questions though.

Regarding the images database, it is quite massive. Before I break this one apart, what does it contain?

Does this actually contain the images in the database or just references to images stored on the entropedia site?

Previously I had manually grabbed each item I didn't have a SS for from encyclopedia and put into a gallery on my site to grab from, but that takes a ton of time.

Is there a way to grab the image galleries another way, in a bulk fashion? I would much prefer to link images via directories than via mysql. I assume you would rather I not be pulling from your sites images every time someone needed an image from my site. :)

Thanks again.

The images themselves. But the encoding is eluding me.

they are gifs, and their binary stream (in different image sizes) is put into blobs (binary objects) in the database.

there is a "Type" field in the table set to "image/gif", and also you can see the first bytes of each binary image containing "GIF89a" as specific format version.

The images themselves. But the encoding is eluding me.

they are gifs, and their binary stream (in different image sizes) is put into blobs (binary objects) in the database.

there is a "Type" field in the table set to "image/gif", and also you can see the first bytes of each binary image containing "GIF89a" as specific format version.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I completely understood they were images in blob form. Thus, how I answered.

When opening that table sql in Workbench, it says "Unknown file encoding..." and asks me to choose a character encoding set. I went with Latin1 at first, but had no luck in running the query to install the table. Well, it made the table fine, but chokes on all the insert queries.

However, after working with it, I believe Latin1 was the correct encoding, but the issue was elsewhere.

Back