Suggestion: Entropia _NEEDS_ an anti cheat

Mika

Elite
While it does not stop cheaters. it does halter them. And gives way better tools and control to MA in terms of automated detection (including detection for manual checkup later).

The free for all wild west we have now, is not good.

That is all.

You are starting with the false premise that mindark doesn’t like macroers. Macro players directly increase Mindarks profits from increased decay and inefficiencies.

compare that to a game like RuneScape, where gold farmers directly compete with Jagex for revenue through gold selling. They have an obvious advantage to combat it.

mindark don’t have this drive.

You are starting with the false premise that mindark doesn’t like macroers. Macro players directly increase Mindarks profits from increased decay and inefficiencies.

compare that to a game like RuneScape, where gold farmers directly compete with Jagex for revenue through gold selling. They have an obvious advantage to combat it.

Exactly!

Macros are the least of the worries and would not be detected by a anti cheat. Given how its "not condoned" but have all the tools for it, making a macro is borderline "ok". If I wanted to say against Macro users, I would say that and not cheaters.

As for cost, take the current high standard of Battleeye, its at around USD 50 000 - 150 000 pr year a company will have to pay to license it. its not a 100% certain wall, but gives the company a lot of great tools for manual checking up or automated hinderance.

What are people doing?

Think about the things that are server side, those you can't really interfere with to much, everything else, i'm sure you can think of various things such as using bot software (not macros but third party software) to speedhacking, or "missplacing" your characters hitbox so you never get hit, etc. Anything not server side along those lines, the imagination is your limit.

It is mostly a thing for UE5 and moving forwards.

Think about the things that are server side, those you can't really interfere with to much, everything else, i'm sure you can think of various things such as using bot software (not macros but third party software) to speedhacking, or "missplacing" your characters hitbox so you never get hit, etc. Anything not server side along those lines, the imagination is your limit.

I assume Entropia has proprietary Anti-Cheat measures that deal with the most basic stuff. I would assume that this would include checking debugging flags, basic position validation, window handle string matching etc. This probably works well enough as there is very little indication of lots of cheating going on(That I have witnessed).

I would assume that the real money aspect is enough of a cheating deterrent for most people as well.

Back