Entropia ad on Youtube vids...

Tycoon

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
GenX000 Caveman Tycoon
advertisement.jpg

I watched this video posted in another thread here on PCF, and I noticed the ad was for EU/Calypso...
I love to see they are advertising on Youtube, but a couple little things I didn't like about the ad...

1) it says "Planet Calypso - Why every MMO enthusiast should have an Entropia Universe account", and there's a "button" that says "Find Out!"...
(no recognition for the other planet partners there)
(I get that you can only fit so much into such a small ad, and they probably didn't contribute to this ad... but I bet they were not invited to in the first place!)

2) When you click the ad to "Find Out!", it brings you to a registration page with no info whatsoever, rather than a page with info about the game...
(I am not going to register to find out, I'm going to register BECAUSE I found out! That's how that should work!)

a bit picky, I know, but if they're gonna do it they should do it right! :wise:

Before you get picky, you should know that.

Each PP is responsible for its own advertising and generating new registrations.

This is a Google advertisement with a youtube placement, and you are seeing this ad because you have done searches related to Entropia or calypso. (Google history tracked to your pc)
The reason they send you to the registration page is to be able to determine if the campaign is a success and is getting good conversion rates. And also to make sure you find the registration page (Some people are not good with links)

One things they are failing big time is when choosing keywords for Google adwords campaigns.
They should know that if I search the term i.e. "Planet Calipso" or " Entropia Universe" this means I already know the existence of the game and therefore if I click on the advertisement they are wasting another PPC (pay per click).

I just saw a couple more...

one didn't mention EU or Calypso at all! :ahh:

2) When you click the ad to "Find Out!", it brings you to a registration page with no info whatsoever, rather than a page with info about the game...

Weird, one would expect such an ad to lead to the quite motivational article of the same title by Magyar_Republic. Reading that would really make them register.

They could fit both some nice info and the registration form in one page...

I for one would never registrate without info, and if i dont get the info handed to me i normaly move on...

I remember bein on a gaming website and seeing an ad that took me to caly front page

isnt that add a google adsense one? so your seeing it because google has tracked your interests and added entropia based on your internet activity?

Before you get picky, you should know that.

Each PP is responsible for its own advertising and generating new registrations...

I saw this one today...

advertisement2.jpg

"Planet Calypso - Multi-Planetary MMO Game" :scratch2:

I didn't like that the other planets weren't getting recognition in the ads...
But to me, this sounds like Calypso is taking credit for the other planets!

They could just as easily put an "Entropia Universe" logo in the ad, rather than a "Planet Calypso" logo! But these ads aren't focused on advertising Entropia, they're focused on advertising Calypso!...

It doesn't seem to me like they should be using the other planets in their ads to draw people to Calypso!

The idea of all the individual planets being responsible for their own ads is pretty stupid anyway, Entropia should promote them all! Imagine if Call of Duty's maps had to each do their own advertising... any similar scenario with any other game is just as ridiculous when you think about it! :dunce:

Last edited:
Didn't Planet Calypso sell CLD to pay for advertisement of Planet Calypso? I don't see why people are confused about ads being done mainly to advertise Planet Calypso.......:rolleyes:

Didn't Planet Calypso sell CLD to pay for advertisement of Planet Calypso? I don't see why people are confused about ads being done mainly to advertise Planet Calypso.......:rolleyes:

Exactly!
Why would one planet pay to advertise other planets?
Maybe Tycoon is thinking that they are all owned by MA!

Consider each planet a new game, but we can travel from game to game

Exactly!
Why would one planet pay to advertise other planets?
Maybe Tycoon is thinking that they are all owned by MA!

Consider each planet a new game, but we can travel from game to game

I said in OP I understand why they don't advertise for the other planets, I just don't really like that way of advertising for one planet in the game, I think it's counter-productive for Entropia Universe to advertise that way!

Each planet is not a new game, the game is Entropia Universe! Each planet is a separate map/level/area (whatever you want to call it) of Entropia, they are all part of the same game!... so for Calypso to advertise for their planet as "Planet Calypso - Multi-Planetary MMO Game" is not portraying the concept of "Consider each planet a new game, but we can travel from game to game" as you say! :dunno:

I said in OP I understand why they don't advertise for the other planets, I just don't really like that way of advertising for one planet in the game, I think it's counter-productive for Entropia Universe to advertise that way!

Who forbids other PPs to create and publish their own ads? That's what they actually are supposed to do. If they don't have funds or creativity for that, then maybe players shouldn't start on their planets. Which newcomer more likely will stay in game after the first impressions - the one who's born on Calypso or the one who spent hours looking for other people on [enter any name of most of the other planets]. Note that the latter one probably won't give the universe another chance even if he'll learn about other destinations later, and will become a source of negativity towards EU on gaming forums.

another one I stumbled across...

advertisement3.jpg

Calypso should not claim credit for the entire universe! :wise:

I think it's counter-productive for Entropia Universe to advertise that way!

I know you said you understood the PP but,
That is not Entropia Universe advertising... It is planet Calypso advertising

I haven't seen the new ads myself so I cannot comment with an opinion on them, but I think for those interested in this thread then it's worth a read of what's gone on in this area in the not-too-distant past.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...g-this-thing-now-GET-A-GRIP-OF-YOUR-MARKETING!

The hyperlinked thread got a lot of attention, and an indirect response from MindArk in a statement.

Have they made a trailer for the game yet? Or are they still creating shitty useless banner ads?

advertisement3.jpg

Still not grasping it are you Tycoon?

This is Planet Calypso advertising, they are saying in the Ad they they are part of a "Virtual Universe" and when you sign up you are not signing up for a Planet Calypso account you are signing up for an Entropia Universe account so even the pic and slogan in OP is correct.

I am happy to see Calypso advertising but yeah they do fail in the fact that it only seems to be people related to EU who get these Ad due to search history, broaden your catchment words guys.

Who forbids other PPs to create and publish their own ads? That's what they actually are supposed to do. If they don't have funds or creativity for that, then maybe players shouldn't start on their planets. Which newcomer more likely will stay in game after the first impressions - the one who's born on Calypso or the one who spent hours looking for other people on [enter any name of most of the other planets]. Note that the latter one probably won't give the universe another chance even if he'll learn about other destinations later, and will become a source of negativity towards EU on gaming forums.

The above quote brings my below post more into play, as a perfectly good reason Calypso should be in the middle of the universe!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?259114-Calypso-My-BIG-idea!

Still not grasping it are you Tycoon?

This is Planet Calypso advertising, they are saying in the Ad they they are part of a "Virtual Universe" and when you sign up you are not signing up for a Planet Calypso account you are signing up for an Entropia Universe account so even the pic and slogan in OP is correct.

What are you talking about?

The ad you quoted in the post above doesn't say that at all! It says "Planet Calypso - Virtual Universe", when in reality Entropia Universe is the "Virtual Universe", Calypso is just 1 planet in that universe! It's like Calypso just claims credit for all planets when they advertise like that! How do people not get this concept?...

the rest of the part you wrote about how the ad says "when you sign up you are not signing up for a Planet Calypso account you are signing up for an Entropia Universe account" is especially backwards!!! The ad you quoted above mentions none of that... the first ad in OP is the only one that is like that, the other ones do not mention Entropia...

They say "Planet Calypso - Multi-Planetary MMO Game" & "Planet Calypso - Virtual Universe", but Calypso is neither of those things!... Calypso is just 1 planet, there are other planets too, Calypso is not the universe or the game! :dunno:

advertisement3.jpg

i guess you havent seen some of neverdies press releases where he goes as far as to say hes the sole developer of the entire entropia universe. it seems MA dont give a shit what their planet partners advertise as long as they do some advertisements no matter how cheep and ineffective or wrong they might be.

They say "Planet Calypso - Multi-Planetary MMO Game" & "Planet Calypso - Virtual Universe", but Calypso is neither of those things!... Calypso is just 1 planet, there are other planets too, Calypso is not the universe or the game! :dunno:

Have you ever seen and advertisement that tells complete truth about the product and alternatives? When you buy, say, a toothpaste - is there a list of the rival toothpaste brands inside the box?

I understand what you mean, but the truth is, MA doesn't need neither Planet Partners nor their planets. It needs the money that companies pay to become PPs, the new players they bring to the game, and the Entropia-related buzz they create in the gaming media. The situation where players who were born on other planets end up on Calypso perfectly suits MA, so don't expect them to deliberately disperse newcomers over the universe.

What are you talking about?

The ad you quoted in the post above doesn't say that at all! It says "Planet Calypso - Virtual Universe", when in reality Entropia Universe is the "Virtual Universe", Calypso is just 1 planet in that universe! It's like Calypso just claims credit for all planets when they advertise like that! How do people not get this concept?...

the rest of the part you wrote about how the ad says "when you sign up you are not signing up for a Planet Calypso account you are signing up for an Entropia Universe account" is especially backwards!!! The ad you quoted above mentions none of that... the first ad in OP is the only one that is like that, the other ones do not mention Entropia...

You still dont grasp it........

I response to your OP... "Why every MMO enthusiast should have an Entropia Universe account?"

When you sign up for an account NO MATTER WHAT PLANET your on its an Entropia Universe account not a Caly, not an Ark nor a RT account..... So this statement stands correct, as for the lack of info when you click "find out", I agree with you its bad PR.

The picture of the Ad you saw that says "Planet Calypso" "Virtual Universe" "Real Cash" is making 3 seperate statements but keeping the words to a minimum this is how Ads work short and to the point read the picture again but read it like this:

"Planet Calypso"

"Virtual Universe"

"Real Cash"

Then maybe you'll understand that advert!

I've got a Degree in Marketing in UK so I could teach all of the guys at MA etc a few things.

You still dont grasp it........

I response to your OP... "Why every MMO enthusiast should have an Entropia Universe account?"
well do you see how quoting one post and responding to a different post might cause some confusion?...

and I DO understand the ad in OP is legit (even if I think it's a poor way to advertise)...
the others though, they're basically false advertising! :yup:

well do you see how quoting one post and responding to a different post might cause some confusion?...

and I DO understand the ad in OP is legit (even if I think it's a poor way to advertise)...
the others though, they're basically false advertising! :yup:

how is it false?

Its an Ad for Calypso, its in a Virtual Universe and it uses Real cash........ 3 statements 1 Ad!

interpret it how you like, I guess you just don't see the ads the way I do... I thought it's pretty obvious what they say when you read them! :proof::dunno:

Back