News: Entropia Enjin Collaboration

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Ever evolving with new technologies, MindArk has been assessing recent blockchain developments and what they might offer to established virtual communities such as Entropia Universe. MindArk’s management team has determined that many of the recent gaming-related announcements in the blockchain space bear a lot of similarities to the experience that Entropia Universe has offered for nearly two decades, and thus large-scale integration of such technologies would not add significant value to the virtual universe experience.

There are, however, opportunities for targeted partnerships and system integrations which could extend the reach of Entropia Universe to new audiences, specifically enthusiasts of the “metaverse” and “play-to-earn” concepts that have received a lot of media attention recently. As such, MindArk has begun a collaboration with Enjin to release five unique eggs as NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on the ERC-20 Ethereum network via the beta launch of their new project, NFT.io.

Each of the five NFT eggs will provide the holder with the opportunity to become an Entropia Universe Affiliate and earn 10% rewards for any Entropia Universe avatar accounts recruited by the holder through their unique URL. These rewards will persist with the entire life of the affiliated accounts. Each egg is also associated with one of Entropia Universe’s planets, and avatar accounts recruited via the holder’s unique affiliate link will spawn on the associated planet. In addition, once Entropia Universe Unreal is launched, each of the five eggs will hatch into a unique virtual companion for the NFT holder.

It is MindArk’s view that the certificate of ownership utility that these eggs provide is an ideal use of NFT technology. Unlike purely speculative NFT sales that thrive on scarcity over function, these unique eggs provide rewards-earning opportunities over time via the holder’s affiliate account. The NFT may be sold at any time, allowing a new owner to build upon previous marketing and recruitment efforts. MindArk is confident that these unique eggs not only provide utility to the NFT owners, but offer value to the Entropia Universe community as a whole.

Additionally, as Enjin’s Efinity is released in the near future, these tokens will be tradable with significantly reduced fees on the Polkadot parachain network if the owners choose to do so.

To participate in this auction, please visit the Entropia Universe page on NFT.io linked below to learn how you may obtain these first-of-their kind NFTs when the auctions begin in August 2022.

https://entropia.nft.io/

Originally Posted Here

My understanding is:

Basically, MA is selling access to become an affiliate for the game, with the perk being the affiliate would earn 10% of what any recruited avatar would decay into the system (Sort of like what planets get for having an avatar be born on their planet, except in this case we are talking more like a referral program perk).

Normally these tokens would be able to be resold, but from the post, I'm not getting that sense...

Zho

can someone translate to boomer pls
They are adding some NFT, things that doesnt not exist but you have the only one ownership, having one of these give you a 10% of all the decay and such of the people you bring to the game with your link (you will have one if get the NFT) these NFT are one per planet, and you become like the public image of that planet.

so... the promised free affiliate program for everyone is now an event reward for a select few?

(there already are, or were some affiliate links existing for a while)

I guess 10% is a compromise between the original 3-15%...

Income Possibilities / Success Stories​

As mentioned under "Affiliate Program" in cooperation with First Planet Company we exclusively offer eligible registrants a participation to an affiliate program with an exceptional and unique product, that forecasts extraordinary revenue streams on the short run, middle-term and long-term basis.
The percentage of commission or revenue share an affiliate gets is based on the monthly created turnover from newly recruited players through the affiliate ID link.
It starts at 3% of the income First Planet Company is entitled to and ends at 15% provided specific volume figures are achieved.
As stated before the avarage Entropia Universe participant grosses about $ 0.50 - $ 1 an hour. For our calculation model we use a conservative mean value of $ 0.70 per hour and assume that a user averagely plays the game Planet Calypso for about 2 hours a day, one considerably more and one probably noticeably less.
With 30 days this translates into 60 hours a month multiplied by $ 0.70 which results in $ 42 of expenses for items repairs / decay and auction and shop fees.
Now 50% of these $ 42, namely $ 21 is First Planet Company´s income. To simplify our sample calculation we round it down to $ 20.
Each active player thus may create a turnover thats eligible to the affiliate commission of $ 20.
Just to emphasize it once again. A player who initially registered its account via this affiliate program generates a revenue for the affiliate associate no matter where its activities take place, be it Planet Calypso or one of the other upcoming planets.
Because of the variety of different planets / MMORPGs available inside the Entropia Universe, the staying time and therefor the earnings on each participant will be increased once again which is a crucial key fact in this affiliate program.​

Last edited:
Looks interesting, i wonder what the pets will be like. Sure will check the bidding.

Are these going to be sold on OpenSea?

so... the promised free affiliate program for everyone is now an event reward for a select few?
not an event reward. My understanding is that its an auction with reserve of 1 ETH. Anyone know how much 1 ETH is worth?

My understanding is:

Basically, MA is selling access to become an affiliate for the game, with the perk being the affiliate would earn 10% of what any recruited avatar would decay into the system (Sort of like what planets get for having an avatar be born on their planet, except in this case we are talking more like a referral program perk).

Normally these tokens would be able to be resold, but from the post, I'm not getting that sense...

Zho
How about to start reading

The NFT may be sold at any time, allowing a new owner to build upon previous marketing and recruitment efforts.

Very interesting...

Choosing Efinity is definitely a bit risky imo though. Polygon might have been the better play since it's built as a layer 2 on Ethereum which has a proven track record of stability.

I do like seeing the effort here though...

(there already are, or were some affiliate links existing for a while)

I guess 10% is a compromise between the original 3-15%...
Which streamers are this?

There are, however, opportunities for targeted partnerships and system integrations which could extend the reach of Entropia Universe to new audiences
Hopefully this works as intended.

Would have been a lot more interesting for everyone and would have had a ton more impact if this project started after UE5 migration.
This may be a trial run for them to determine if NFTs should become a bigger part of Entropia with the migration to UE5

MA wants to sell them for direct profit, loot pool is zero profit
:ROFLMAO: "zero profit". Yeah pretty sure MA's got it all figured that items aren't even possible to loot until they feel they've made enough profit that it's been paid for.

subscribing to this nft thingie... until now i only saw drawen pictures ppl sell on such plattforms like opensea etc....interesting

In addition, once Entropia Universe Unreal is launched, each of the five eggs will hatch into a unique virtual companion for the NFT holder.
What about this? No info at all on the nature of the pet that will hatch, apart from being 'unique' and belonging to the NFT holder. Is nobody going to ask how an item in a player inventory will check it is still with the rightful owner, i.e. move across whenever the NFT is sold?
Ok, I just did...
Will this mean that there must be code in place for matching NFT ownership with in-game items?

As the NFT platform is external, is this the beginning of items which can be officially traded outside EU, but also presumably also ONLY outside EU if ownership is based on an NFT?

This would also mean a currency other than peds being involved with in-game activity (unless the pet and other NFTs prove to be entirely cosmetic).

Back