Help: Entropia.exe doesn't load from client loader

Widowmaker04

Dominant
Grom Widowmaker Hellscream
Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues loading EU on my new mini PC equipped with Celeron N4100, 8Gb ram and 128 Gb SSD.
I bought it to upgrade an older one that I used as a media center and used also to play EU via Chrome remote desktop when I don't OCH can't use my main PC.
It came with win10 Pro so I updated win10 and Intel drivers, then installed EU. The client loader works but when I press play Entropia.exe starts and shut down within a few seconds.
I tried any possible quickfix found on Internet, then proceeded to install win10 from scratch. I tested then EU and worked fine, so I updated again win10 and now the problem is back. AV/firewall don't seem to be related as it doesn't Chang anything shutting them down.
VC++ is updated.
What can I try? :unsure:

Last edited:
Tried to check the Windows' Event Viewer? Evidently the Entropia.exe silently crashes on launch and EV should show what causes it.

Tried to check the Windows' Event Viewer? Evidently the Entropia.exe silently crashes on launch and EV should show what causes it.
I actually couldn't find any error directly related to EU application on event viewer. Just saw once a dllhost.exe crash but doesn't seem to be related. ?

A long shot, you don't happen to have a keyboard with LCD? There was an issue that is presumably resolved but who knows.
Nope, just a plain keyboard that worked fine with previous PC.
Seems to be a known issue with other launchers such as Steam, I'll try a couple of fixes tomorrow.. For today I have enough of this thing ?

integrated video card is not supported by Entropia

integrated video card is not supported by Entropia
They work just fine actually :)
Worked fine on amd A8, an Intel J 3455 and even on this one before updating Windows 10.
I think the problem is OS related. Now installing again from scratch and disabling auto updates.

Edit: just an update. Tried to get a OS reset instead of reinstalling manually. Reset failed as the PC didn't restart, had to plug it off and on, went back on windows and now EU is working ?
Updates are all there, tried to shut off and on again, still working. Until it works I won't be testing anything ???

Last edited:
So, the saga came to en end. It stopped working again in the same way, then rebooted to a forever black screen.
Sending it back for refund and buying the J3455 verson, a bit more power hungry and a little slower but tested working before :)

Back