Entropia in Ultra HD ?

LightStar

Alpha
Society
SDW -= Elite =-
Jorgen LightStar Eriksson
Hi,

I recently bought e new 28" monitor with Ultra HD Resolution. (3840x2160 4K)
I managed to run the game in window mode 2554x1355 (2560x1440 res mode) WQHD, after bumping text in hud to extra large.

But in 3840x2160 4K UHD ... lol .. impossible to read text without a magnifier even in fullscreen.
So is there anyway to bump the text larger? Or anyone managed to tweak the settings-se.cfg file to make it work?
I read about Nvidia DSR but i don't know if it does the trick when running in window mode.

I hate fullscreen mode since it's a pain when you switch to 2:nd monitor an EU gets minimized.

//LightStar

EU scales really crappy but there is a "Chat font size" under options ->HUD. this helps some but still you need a magnifying glass to figure out how much peds you have on your card (among other things).

Yeah, it helped a bit.
But only in chat window, rest of UI text fields becomes too "small", even pm window.

If only MA could add an option to adjust other general text font/size like we have on "inflicted damage" text size.
That would probably make the game runnable in UHD res.

Else my hopes are to any Cryengine guru out there, is there any way to boost/adjust general text UI size?

I have a 42" 4K monitor and it looks great.

same proble here :( let me know if you found any solutions

I hate fullscreen mode since it's a pain when you switch to 2:nd monitor an EU gets minimized.

1: set your monitor to the same or higher resolution PE shall have.
2: go to Options > Advanced > activate checkbox "Advanced Resolution Mode"
3: go to Options > Graphics > activate checkbox "Fullscreen"
4: set Fullscreen Mode to "Regular" (enables setting fullscreen resolution)
5: set Fullscreen Resolution to your desired resolution, like 3840x2160x32
6: set Fullscreen Mode to "Windowed"
7: Apply/Confirm

now you can freely move your mouse between both monitors, activate other windows/applications on another monitor and PE stays visibly on top of its own screen without getting minimized.

Last edited:
Now this is a bump of an 2 year old post coming to live ;)
If it works, it's great for the switching. But is the issue with pygmy text solved? Without having at least a 42" monitor?

Anyway i bought 2x32" 1920x1080 monitors instead, works like a charm.

1: set your monitor to the same or higher resolution PE shall have.
2: go to Options > Advanced > activate checkbox "Advanced Resolution Mode"
3: go to Options > Graphics > activate checkbox "Fullscreen"
4: set Fullscreen Mode to "Regular" (enables setting fullscreen resolution)
5: set Fullscreen Resolution to your desired resolution, like 3840x2160x32
6: set Fullscreen Mode to "Windowed"
7: Apply/Confirm

now you can freely move your mouse between both monitors, activate other windows/applications on another monitor and PE stays visibly on top of its own screen without getting minimized.

Back