Entropia Pioneers 15 Years Later

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
This April 7th the Entropia Pioneers Society will be 15 years old. It's amazing to think that this game and society has been around for this long. I'm thinking about doing some sort of event for this anniversary, but I was hoping to get some memories and thoughts from some of the long time players here first and remember those good old Project Entropia days and the old Entropia Pioneers forum.

So please post some old memories of the Entropia Pioneers and the old Forum​

I"ll go first.

Back in 2003 I stumbled upon then Project Entropia while I was looking at game engines for toying around making my own game. I wasn't able to actually play for 2-3 months as my computer couldn't handle the game until i upgraded. So all I could do was read the Entropia Pioneers forum which was the forum at the time. This was probably my best advantage starting the game because I had learned so much before I even started. What really sucked me in though was all the stories. There was these legendary characters like the Coat Killers that you did not want to have find you in pvp. Stories of betrayal, partnerships, generosity, feuds, and humor. It really brought the game to life. And at the heart of it the Entropia Pionneers had welcomed everyone into their home, their forum. Although it was not always appreciated even by myself at times they did keep things orderly and peaceful, and i don't think Entropia Universe would be where it is today without that forum and the community it built. All this while they also were legends themselves in the game. I never thought that my wife and I would get to join them years later and be part of a great legacy.

oh.. THE forum...

you loved and hated ORION'S ENCYCLOPEDIA CALYPSIENSIS, where i gathered the links to the scattered useful informations about PE.:wise:

EP, such an altruistic society. you gave a heart to PE!:birthday:
i miss you, Dino!:girl:

Really thought I'd get some old stories on here.

I used to go visit what was available in the wayback machine trying to find my old posts.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/

Every once in a while someone has a flash of memory about it https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?279273-Entropia-Pioneers-forum

I loved it. I loved that time. I miss it every time I think of it. I spent hours on that forum researching. I remember seeing Rex around all the time, but the old memory cells are fading.

I was trying to remember what the drama was around your soc and Blondie Inc? I can't remember the details anymore :scratch2:

I'm wondering who the Founder Magnum Magnum Gunn is and where that individual is doing today? :scratch2:

I would guess most are not active anymore, to be honest. I miss the atmosphere, the rumours, the friends. I used to pay attention to names in globals and when I would meet them on the fields, would just start to run after them asking shit :laugh: Anda Atreides, liana, ikkes, strakkan, Optima, Dan, Nea, Dreicc, Skull, Auktuma, Buzz, Zap.. so many encounters. And what I totally miss and simply doesn't happen anymore or happens too rare were those moments when you were out minding your business and at some point some GD enters the radar and you start to talk. And one hour later you're still there, talking :laugh:

Also, I miss old traders like Lunar_PL. It was amazing how much of the economy was running through pvp trade compared to auction.

And all those hunts when I would go out eyes wide open, dreaming at this or that weapon (never looted shit on the weapon front :laugh: ). Nowadays there's wiki, there's "rare" announcements so we know that basically nothing fancy drops anymore, so is all grind.

And I miss old sweating process :sweat:

bah.. :D

All of my "let's control the price of sweat" threads must be in there and the "why are those ubers fapping the diripi" and "why are these ubers standing in the acid pools with a fap, aren't they just throwing away peds" questions.

All of my "let's control the price of sweat" threads must be in there and the "why are those ubers fapping the diripi" and "why are these ubers standing in the acid pools with a fap, aren't they just throwing away peds" questions.

RIP Acid pools and RIP random hug red dot on radar with non-communicative avatar standing in the middle of a huge group of mobs auto fapping for days on end back when it was illegal to have an auto clicker :laugh:

I loved it. I loved that time. I miss it every time I think of it. I spent hours on that forum researching. I remember seeing Rex around all the time, but the old memory cells are fading.

I was trying to remember what the drama was around your soc and Blondie Inc? I can't remember the details anymore :scratch2: ......

See that was one of those great stories. When Blondie was the first to loot the Katsuichi Determination BP and Fire (the player) in my soc wanted her to sell him one but she wanted only her and a few others to have them so Fire was buying up all the Kanerium so she coulnd't make them and it turned into this crazy bid war on auction and pvp war later. Kanerium price went up like 400% and the miners were going crazy trying to find it. But cause of our alliance we made sure Blondie got more of it in p2p trade all while bidding up the small amounts on auction driving Fire crazy. I think we were even putting some up then having friends crazy bid it and give them back our money to drive him crazy or make him pay crazy amounts and in the end he got nothing until someone else looted the bp.

I think I kicked Fire immediately from the soc after finding this all out from Blondie as we had been long time friends and allies as soon as it started but it went on long after that just with Fire.

Thats how i remember it at least thats the thing about legends....

We just dont have stories like this anymore.

See that was one of those great stories. When Blondie was the first to loot the Katsuichi Determination BP and Fire (the player) in my soc wanted her to sell him one but she wanted only her and a few others to have them so Fire was buying up all the Kanerium so she coulnd't make them and it turned into this crazy bid war on auction and pvp war later. Kanerium price went up like 400% and the miners were going crazy trying to find it. But cause of our alliance we made sure Blondie got more of it in p2p trade all while bidding up the small amounts on auction driving Fire crazy. I think we were even putting some up then having friends crazy bid it and give them back our money to drive him crazy or make him pay crazy amounts and in the end he got nothing until someone else looted the bp.

Sounds like price fixing and auction manipulation to me.....sometimes the "good ol days" are not as good as they seem....i wonder how often this sort of thing went on back then.

I think I kicked Fire immediately from the soc after finding this all out from Blondie as we had been long time friends and allies as soon as it started but it went on long after that just with Fire.

Good times! :laugh:

That was how I met Jessica. MA nerfed 1x0 so I had to graduate, she had just looted the Determination bp so I went and bought one from her, it was a kick ass sword at the time, the friendship we developed from those days was the best part of the whole deal. :hug:

I still have the blade, keep it for sentimental reasons... :love:

Our first hunting trip after I bought it:

First HOF with her, the first of many more:

Messing around in the ring:

/sigh

Sounds like price fixing and auction manipulation to me.....sometimes the "good ol days" are not as good as they seem....i wonder how often this sort of thing went on back then.

Guaranteed the shenanigans in this game started after the first item that could be sold dropped :laugh:

Maybe to celebrate this anniversary, and since Mindark's playing around with crafting they can drop the Katsuichi blueprints like lyst someday soon?

Loved the EP forum, do u remember Calypso Mineral stockprices? ;)
I was used to check Stockprices lot of time every day :D

DRM

Pff that's nothing. Imagine there was no wiki, the only stats visible were max dmg and tt value on weapons. No "available" section in orders to see the design of blueprints. Nothing. It was all myths, rumours, setups and control. :swoon:

Pff that's nothing. Imagine there was no wiki, the only stats visible were max dmg and tt value on weapons. No "available" section in orders to see the design of blueprints. Nothing. It was all myths, rumours, setups and control. :swoon:

and we loved it!

I did go to that pioners forum some to i remeber .

But the kanerium i not sure if i was involved in but i did go in to a bid war about one sale of it i know , i payed about 600 ped for a ingot if i remeber right now. But i was looking to make a Björnir scope at the time and had noting to do with the sword hehe. I just was a total newb and had no clue what i was doing then lol . I was just determined to get that rare ingot lol
Ohh those memories hehe :laugh:

Reactions: Mac
Back