Entropia Universe 12.7 Release Notes

Which implant did you use? :)
Ty for sharing!! ;)

Implant is NeoPsion 20.

It doesn't matter now which implant you use, all implants decay 2% of the chip decay. And much less than the NeoPsion 10 before.

Implant is NeoPsion 20.

It doesn't matter now which implant you use, all implants decay 2% of the chip decay. And much less than the NeoPsion 10 before.

Cool.. ty for the info!! :)

Is the specific Hall of Fame page for beacons and other instances missing for others as well? :scratch2:

Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.

I have a question about this, just to make it absolutely clear.

All current Implants have 2% "decay absorb". Does this mean that any future implants with 4% "decay absorb" are less eco or more eco?

Example:
Does 2% decay absorb = 0.98PED decay on Chip, 0.02PED decay on Implant...
... while 4% decay absorb = 0.96PED decay on Chip, 0.04PED decay on Implant (same TT eco as 2% implant but potentially higher MU eco since Chip would then last longer).

OR

2% decay absorb = 1PED on Chip, 0.02PED on Implant
... while 4% decay absorb = 1PED on Chip, 0.04PED on Implant (lower eco than 2% implant).
... and 1% decay absorb would = 1PED on Chip, 0.01PED on Implant (higher eco than 2% implant).

I assume it is the second case? :scratch2:

It is just the wording "The Implant will absorb this much of the deterioration of the used Chip" that you can see in item info that is a bit confusing to me :) heh

I have a question about this, just to make it absolutely clear.

All current Implants have 2% "decay absorb". Does this mean that any future implants with 4% "decay absorb" are less eco or more eco?

Example:
Does 2% decay absorb = 0.98PED decay on Chip, 0.02PED decay on Implant...
... while 4% decay absorb = 0.96PED decay on Chip, 0.04PED decay on Implant (same TT eco as 2% implant but potentially higher MU eco since Chip would then last longer).

OR

2% decay absorb = 1PED on Chip, 0.02PED on Implant
... while 4% decay absorb = 1PED on Chip, 0.04PED on Implant (lower eco than 2% implant).
... and 1% decay absorb would = 1PED on Chip, 0.01PED on Implant (higher eco than 2% implant).

I assume it is the second case? :scratch2:

It is just the wording "The Implant will absorb this much of the deterioration of the used Chip" that you can see in item info that is a bit confusing to me :) heh
On the previous page:
Mindforce hunting with Electric III. Before this VU:

ME: 20 PED
Chip decay: 4.97 PED
Implant decay: 1.43 PED

This VU:

ME: 20 PED
Chip decay: 4.97 PED
Implant decay: 0.1 PED

That's a 5% eco bonus. Implant is NeoPsion 20.

So ... there's no absorbtion going on, it's just one of those times when they ran out of words they know and threw in something similar.

On the previous page:

So ... there's no absorbtion going on, it's just one of those times when they ran out of words they know and threw in something similar.

That test doesn't really prove or disprove what I wrote though... I think you would have to test it with two implants that has different absorbtion %, but only one type exists atm so...

That test doesn't really prove or disprove what I wrote though... I think you would have to test it with two implants that has different absorbtion %, but only one type exists atm so...
Well, the chip decay was the same as previously, so... the implant didn't take a part of it's decay.
Granted it's a small test but...

Did wave event mobs have icons next to their names before?
entropia_2012-06-20_wave_mob_icon.jpg

If i'm not losing my mind and that truly is something new, we now have a way to identify which mobs belong to the wave spawn and which do not.

Icon:
wave_mob_icon.gif

Another thing: Thank you for changing the item info of Metabolic chips to say 15% strength instead of 0.15, makes it clearer :) I hope the same change will be done to for example Synch chips ^^

the old "Right click" is back...

:yay:

anyone else noticed that? but it seem to work only if u have move to target turned on however

hope its not just a bug..... :)

It does. What the release notes imply, by virtue of what it writes, is that the implant would decay 2% instead of the chip decaying. What actually happens, is that the implant decays a set % of the chip decay, but does not remove any decay from the chip ... so does not "absorb it".

So the most eco implant is one with 0% and the worst is ... well, the higher the %, the worse the implant is.

MindArk should use another verb instead of "absorb" here, and this should be reported as a bug. I will do so myself and I hope other do too.

It does. What the release notes imply, by virtue of what it writes, is that the implant would decay 2% instead of the chip decaying. What actually happens, is that the implant decays a set % of the chip decay, but does not remove any decay from the chip ... so does not "absorb it".

You can not know that.... it could simply be that all chips got +2% decay and the implant negates that or whatever. It is impossible to know without either official confirmation or tests involving implants with different %ages.

EDIT: The +2% decay on the chip would not be possible to notice then, since it would be removed by the implant. Therefore this is still possible, but it can not be tested and confirmed or denied by players at the moment.

Can someone else do another test on the MF chips? My sample size was rather small and I used a multi-sample average for the old values.

Not that it matters much, the chips now have an average of 5% extra economy now and higher level implants have no disadvantage. Market prices go-go...

You can not know that.... it could simply be that all chips got +2% decay and the implant negates that or whatever. It is impossible to know without either official confirmation or tests involving implants with different %ages.

EDIT: The +2% decay on the chip would not be possible to notice then, since it would be removed by the implant. Therefore this is still possible, but it can not be tested and confirmed or denied by players at the moment.

What are you talking about? :scratch2:

What are you talking about? :scratch2:

If the implant does absorb the decay of the chip (as I believe and as the release note and item info pretty much says) rather than add +2% decay on top of it (like so many others believe), then a higher % absorbation would be preferable.

If it is added on top, 4% implants would have twice the decay of 2% ones.
If it is absorbed, the implant would have twice the decay of 2% ones, but the chip would decay 2% extra less (98% with the 2% implant, 96% with the 4% implant).

The 4% implant would then have the same TT decay total (implant+chip), but the chip itself would decay less per use, meaning you would pay less markup per use (if the chip is (L), would not affect unl. chips much).

However, if they did as I believe, they probably simply added 2% extra decay on all chips and then had the implants absorb that. The chips would then (to the players) appear to decay as much as before, while the implant would appear to decay 2% on top of that rather than as part of it.

It is impossible for players to test this at the moment, since only 2% implants exist, which is why I want official confirmation of how it works.

The reduction in inserter decay is good because now it's less painful to visit "zones" that makes the implant pop out on arrival :yay:

Maby a little help

Run 1 with 55 implant, UL Electric Chip VI (888 ME per use), 20 PED ME = 225 use
Start implant TT 41.21 back with TT 41.11
Start Chip VI TT 17.76 back with 12.86
Rest ME 220 = 0.02

Run 2 with 55 implant, UL Electric Chip IV (768 ME per use), 20 PED ME = 260 use
Start implant TT 41.11 back with TT 41.01
Start Chip IV TT 19.46 back with TT 14.56
Rest ME 330 = 0.03

Last edited:
Something that was not mentioned in the release notes:

When your avatar is being hit by a mob/avatar you hear your avatar make grunting and yelling noises depending on how hard the hit was :)

I found this to be pretty funny ^_^

~Danimal

Something that was not mentioned in the release notes:

When your avatar is being hit by a mob/avatar you hear your avatar make grunting and yelling noises depending on how hard the hit was :)

I found this to be pretty funny ^_^

~Danimal

Several audio improvements have been made, including Increased water sound distance and separate sound effects for male and female avatars, as well as for vehicles.

Go figure.

It's here:
Several audio improvements have been made, including Increased water sound distance and separate sound effects for male and female avatars, as well as for vehicles.
... and i also like how the avatar-being-hit-sounds-saga finally ended with a really elegant solution. :)

It's here:

... and i also like how the avatar-being-hit-sounds-saga finally ended with a really elegant solution. :)

It made me wonder where my tennis rackets are hidden, I felt like I was on Wimbledon while hunting mobs..:girl:

Go figure.

It's here:

Before this update the Female and Male avatars all said hello and good bye the same way.. so from the release notes it would imply that, that was changed. No where does it say that there is added audio for getting hit.... but whatever. I really don't care to argue this :)

Good Luck!

~Danimal

Before this update the Female and Male avatars all said hello and good bye the same way.. so from the release notes it would imply that, that was changed. No where does it say that there is added audio for getting hit.... but whatever. I really don't care to argue this :)

Good Luck!

~Danimal

Let's pinpoint some more ^^

Several audio improvements have been made, including
Several, not only the mentioned ones, and including, but no limited to the mentioned ones.

:)

I was atleast expecting to see some variety of new sound improvements from that, not only the mentioned ones.

Given that what the in-game stat name is for the implant ("implant deterioration"), I think we can rule out actual absorbtion going on.

Given that what the in-game stat name is for the implant ("implant deterioration"), I think we can rule out actual absorbtion going on.

That it is called that does not affect it... Also, when you hover mouse over it you get the text "The Implant will absorb this much of the deterioration of the used Chip." which to me indicates I am right.

Anyone else notice that scrolling was nerfed? You can't scroll in one continuous motion anymore with the mouse wheel; you have to scroll -> stop -> scroll -> stop -> etc.

Anyone else notice that scrolling was nerfed? You can't scroll in one continuous motion anymore with the mouse wheel; you have to scroll -> stop -> scroll -> stop -> etc.

Yepp, first thought was something is wrong with my mouse :(

:yay:

anyone else noticed that? but it seem to work only if u have move to target turned on however

hope its not just a bug..... :)

Yep, just realized the RMB was back, that's great!

I can't reproduce this, do you mean scrolling the external view or a scope?

Also noticed the avatar no longer turns on itself like a robot, now the legs are moving to make it actually turns (as before).

And in some situations, the left hand is weird shaking when shooting with a pistol. :laugh:

Edit:
- The "shacking left hand" effect occurs when right-clicking for looting. Seems the avatar has a gambling syndrom.
- New comsetic bug: dashboard of Walkyrie keeps on flashing in internal view.
- Could be improved: the hit sound could be a bit louder, it's covered by other sounds and/or music and suddently one's dead. Time to watch HP every 5 sec as in the past... ?

Last edited:
Back