Entropia Universe 12.8 Release Notes

So If im reading this right there are no new weapons or hunting changes that was mentioned in the Pre-Vu Notes?

This is the platform wide release notes. I think we're still waiting on the Calypso PP Release notes for info on new items or local loot changes.

[*]It is now possible to create custom item sets with the new action “Create Item Set”, this allows players to quickly change between different equipment sets, such as armor with a single click.

This is indeed very nice. Reduced the number of icons on my HUD a lot :beerchug:

This is indeed very nice.

Almost :). I hoped it allows to make combinations with plates. For instance, I switch between 5B/6A/none on my Jarhead all the time, so it would be handy to create "Jarhead/6A", "Jarhead/5B" and "Jarhead/none" sets and let the system combine the set on click - unequip the armor if it's currently on with wrong plates, detach those, attach different plates if needed, and put the armor back on. Wouldn't it be cool? :cool:

Good for MA too - in case of being overwhelmed I could upgrade my protection with single click and continue the fight instead of finding myself at revive, calling it a day and going somewhere else :)

What they did is good. But could be great.

Yes, but do you want to swap one piece of armour, hit the mob, next piece, etc, or swap all 7 with 7 times the load time before you can hit again?

Yes, but do you want to swap one piece of armour, hit the mob, next piece, etc, or swap all 7 with 7 times the load time before you can hit again?

It's not 7 times longer, putting on a whole set takes ~2 sec (though the armor appears on the avatar almost instantly, not sure if it does protect until the countdown ended, need to test that).

New Crafting System plus HOFs

2 HOFs and 1 Global displayed in chat and with badges in the crafting system's stat window.

580160_435129539877694_420552684_n.jpg

MA please fix this issue. Before update i had 135.8x hp and now i have 135.00 and i hunted for an hour and not increased at all. Should i expect to be stucked on this value?

MA please fix this issue. Before update i had 135.8x hp and now i have 135.00 and i hunted for an hour and not increased at all. Should i expect to be stucked on this value?

You haven't actually lost your progression since health is as you say a product of stats and skills, meaning that if you were at 120.9 before the VU you're still only .1 from the next health level.

There has been a problem with having decimal health where avatars would get 0.0 heals and such so now health will only be whole numbers. There is ofcourse more to it than this but it's mostly technical stuff.

The main problem right now is that the UI no longer shows any progression and that's something we'll have to fix.

Toooooooooooo short

Kim said this about the hp.

You haven't actually lost your progression since health is as you say a product of stats and skills, meaning that if you were at 120.9 before the VU you're still only .1 from the next health level.

There has been a problem with having decimal health where avatars would get 0.0 heals and such so now health will only be whole numbers. There is ofcourse more to it than this but it's mostly technical stuff.

The main problem right now is that the UI no longer shows any progression and that's something we'll have to fix.

and I was beaten by this much!! ;)

Kim said in other thread that HP bar just doesn't display decimals anymore, but they're there.
On the other hand, I jumped out of my VTOL and was killed with xxx.0 hit, although my health was .9 before the VU. If it's really increases, I'm going to find out it very soon.

thanks for reply, didnt seen what kim said

Pvp4 was "rebalanced". No it is not worth going there at all. No more Pyrite in mining, no more narc from mulaks, no more blaus from muluk. Guys, if u dont like pvp4 in game, just make big lake there (with nothing inside!)

The crafting interface is SUPER!! :wtg: Though I am mainly hunter, now I can hardly resist temptation to craft something :laugh::laugh:

Yesterday's hunting of non-primordial longu did not really show obvious loot balance differences.

Entropia Universe Version Update 12.8 Release Notes
  • Auction fees have been reduced by 25% for all items, and reduced by 90% for all deeds.

I'm having trouble confirming this. If I remember rightly, it was 0.50 Ped plus 5% of MU.

Yet when I now to sell something I get
TT(177 Ped) = 0.50
+100 = 5.26 diff 4.76
+200 = 9.58 diff 4.32
+300 = 13.53 diff 3.95
+400 = 17.15 diff 3.68
+500 = 20.47 diff 3.32

This doesn't look like a reduction of 25% to me, more like a sliding scale, and the minimum has not been reduced (so MA's statement is not true for at least items with no MU).

Now when I read Alice's guide, although she says commission is 5% of MU, her example actually shows 4.76 as the commission on 100 Ped MU, and twice that on 200 Ped MU.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Have MA simply not implemented the change?

Last edited:
I'm having trouble confirming this. If I remember rightly, it was 0.50 Ped plus 5% of MU.

TT(177 Ped) = 0.50
+100 = 5.26 diff 4.76
+200 = 9.58 diff 4.32
+300 = 13.53 diff 3.95
+400 = 17.15 diff 3.68
+500 = 20.47 diff 3.32

This doesn't look like a reduction of 25% to me, more like a sliding scale, and the minimum has not been reduced.

It has been a sliding scale for years, with a max of 50 PEDs iirc. I don't remember the previous formula but you might find it on entropedia for comparison. I think that's where i saw it before, but it's been a while.

Minimum auction fee seems unchanged, maybe they reverted to old AH in order to solve the bugs?

Tested crafting interface - a huge step forward in my opinion.

Too bad MA messed up this update so bad. I'm really curious if they have let's say 3 people dedicated to testing the platform prior to going live, with 3-4 pages of checks they have to perform.

- make an order for X at global AH for xxx%
- sell X at global AH for yyy%, verify the results
- check skills
- shoot mob, verify skill increase (a friend told me today he got several times a message that he advanced to a new profession level but still does not show up)

and so on. You know, so even an untrained monkey could follow the tests

One nice feature I noticed that isn't listed is when you do buy out on something in auction it goes instantly into inventory instead of having to click on the "Won" tab and then click again to get the item. Thank you for making us less click crazy and also so we don't run out to hunt and forget our weapon in auction.:yay:

but in the update preview they didn t say that they will fix loot too???? i don t see anything about the update note :scratch2:

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

but in the update preview they didn t say that they will fix loot too???? i don t see anything about the update note :scratch2:

Loot System Improvements
The first phase of a comprehensive overhaul of the loots for all shared platform and Calypso creatures will be implemented. This overhaul will result in much more interesting and balanced loots for creatures of every level. Many newly designed items are included in this Version Update, waiting to be discovered. The loot system improvement project will continue during the next several releases, and has been designed to greatly improve the overall hunting experience for participants of all levels.

that was delayed at the last minute, presumably due to issues so that the update would go smoothly heh :p

So far i find the VU very nice, ya ya exept the bugs ofc hehe ;p
The crafting i like alot now but i also wish they could fix it so i could craft and hunt at the same time ;) In other words make it possible to leave the craft machine going and do other stuff.

But overall its very good progress, with the crafting specially imo :)

I didn't see it in the VU Notes but, did you fix the item size bug on storage/inventory? Before the patch some items would swap from 2to 3 horizontal slots from time to time, making my storage a real mess (i.e. arm guards). But now all the books in storage take the same slots, Eye Oil suddenly only needs one slot, armors don't seem to move at all, and many other items have changed size when stored.

Was this intended? yes? no? why didn't you mention it in the notes?

TT(177 Ped) = 0.50
+100 = 5.26 diff 4.76
+200 = 9.58 diff 4.32
+300 = 13.53 diff 3.95
+400 = 17.15 diff 3.68
+500 = 20.47 diff 3.32

This doesn't look like a reduction of 25% to me, more like a sliding scale, and the minimum has not been reduced (so MA's statement is not true for at least items with no MU).

Now when I read Alice's guide, although she says commission is 5% of MU, her example actually shows 4.76 as the commission on 100 Ped MU, and twice that on 200 Ped MU.

Have MA simply not implemented the change?

checking with my excel sheet.. and they have done nothing to the auction fee´s...so another lie from MA ?

You want to know why Landdeeds has gone down, because I am using L weapons now, before i was using UnLimited weapons like the strakhov 147 and so on. But now I am not paying for decay instead I use L stuff.
I knew from the start this was a bad idea, if you only have 10-20 Deeds. You need atleast 150-250.

Question moved to another thread in Bug section.
Sorry :)

Last edited:
Back