Entropia Universe 14.4 Release Notes

The old adage "Never play on patch day" has now turned into "Never play on patch week" and will no doubt become "Never play on patch month" etc, etc, etc. :scratch:

Changes

• Creatures no longer disappear immediately when looted. Additional visual indication will be implemented in the patch scheduled for December 17.
  • It is now possible to reduce the amount of critical damage received. A base chance to reduce critical damage by up to 15% has been introduced and is calculated automatically based on avatar skill level in relation to the attacking creature’s level. Items and boosts will also be introduced which will allow incoming critical damage to be reduced even further.
  • Portable trade and repair - Two new tools have been added that will let you access a basic trade and repair terminal out in the wilderness. These new terminals are crafted from low-level tool blueprints.
Fixes

• The maximum value of the Kaminsky Barong has been corrected.
  • The name and description of the DSEC Laser Amp v1 (L) Blueprint (L) has been corrected.
  • An issue causing progress in the Zoldenite and Maladrite mining missions to incorrectly advance when finding Lysterium claim in some situations has been corrected.
  • Auction categories have been added for Maladrite and Zoldenite.
  • It is now possible to employ the ‘Teleport Home’ feature of higher level Mindforce Teleport chips to teleport to Land Areas.
  • An issue causing incorrect rounding when extracting PED from the PED card has been corrected.
  • An issue causing gloves dropped on the ground to display oddly has been corrected.
  • Text readability has been improved when viewing the item information panel.
Known Issues

• It is not possible to place items in the additional area of Monria Hub Shop 2, Floor 1.
  • Player register visibility and profession display settings for some users may have been reset. Please be sure to verify those settings upon logging in.
  • The DSEC Laser Amp v1 (L) displays the incorrect value in the trade terminal windows. The actual value is displayed correctly when reaching the confirmation panel.
  • Monria premium apartments are missing televators to their pool rooms.
  • Some font types in the Ad screen UI are displayed as squares.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

What about the short-term memory .... You forgot to write that you have changed the status of some animals....

:tapfinger

I just noticed that they moved the Skill Hub (that new little black square that was impossible to hide) to the Desktop Icons layer, so it now hides with all other icons when using the Desktop Icons action and doesn't spoil screenshots. Thanks for that, I kept forgetting to post a suggestion about that :)

Now please move the Tracked Missions panel (and the instance & event status/timer panels, if possible) to the Dashboard layer or add a new action to hide those, so we won't have to untrack all missions each time we want to make a nice screenshot/video :yup:

Mining Loot Reduced from 70% to 60% [Hidden Notes]

60% near barely scam to me , only way to archive avg/mu 150% one place in damm universe with this pvp zone

<- Another moth break , next try be 04 - January - 2014

Has anyone figured out already what the "incognito" function actually does in the privacy options screen? Besides the vague discription text lol

Has anyone figured out already what the "incognito" function actually does in the privacy options screen? Besides the vague discription text lol
To be hidden is soc lists in the terminal, I guess.

There are also 2 new actions in the Action Book > Avatar, "Edit my avatar's profile" and "View avatar's profile", neither work.

Feffox young and mature were changed as well. Was getting mostly 1s with neme/5b now getting 6-15 on youngs and 8-25ish on matures. Old and above appear to be unchanged though. Uncertain if they simply added damage or changed damage types around.

Someone needs to make a poll that might point out what players want vs what devs 'know" that players want. In this last vu I'm sensing a lack of respect for players. So what are the top 5 things players want in game? Anyone?

and it is really need to remove ESC ???:eyecrazy: It is like your car have from one day to the other everything changed. Brake is on right pedal, you get light on if you turn off radio .. and so on

Now your scaring me, its only a matter of time before they run software updates on your car while your sleeping.... As always, the work will go the lowest bidder....:holyshit:

Feffox young and mature were changed as well. Was getting mostly 1s with neme/5b now getting 6-15 on youngs and 8-25ish on matures. Old and above appear to be unchanged though. Uncertain if they simply added damage or changed damage types around.

Atrox done changed also

what do you mean with atrox done do you have some numbers to show us?

Someone needs to make a poll that might point out what players want vs what devs 'know" that players want. In this last vu I'm sensing a lack of respect for players. So what are the top 5 things players want in game? Anyone?

While game mechanics and systems are paramount - Taming, bugs etc...

Top of my list is the disgraceful fragmentation of the User Interface.

*whine on*

Dear MA, as a player - I:

- want correct alignment and spacing of text.

- want consistency in styling, font size, buttons, borders, resizing, docking, background transparency (see Tracked Missions window, Progress, Item windows, Skill windows).

- do not want a mash of styles that are becoming less and less functional.

- do not want each new addition to require "...." at the end because the text does not fit in the designated space.
Tracked missions needs the most immediate attention - use the chat box/radar/crafting menu styling - dockable, resizable, similar font styling and remove those cheap metallic borders.

- want the previous static highlight which worked very well, to be reinstated.
- do not want the current blue highlight for right click menus which fades in too slow - so its difficult to see the current selection.

- do not want HP bars that have a heavy bold white font and only cater for 10 letters, so most are cut off. The previous font and size was more legible.

- can list 30+ more examples which I am surprised were even accepted as changes to the UI.

*whine off*

Get the UI correct and you may see that first impressions do change a new players impressions about the game.

Currently it looks cheap and un-inviting. The talent is there, the impetus appears not to be.

I can name 3 people (including myself) on this forum alone that have the experience to implement these redesigns in a very short period of time.

Need a conceptual proof? - ill do it for free.

Take pride in your product ffs.

Giving more than :twocents: worth of a shit.

Chaz.

bring the voting booths back :)

*whine on*
*whine off*

Get the UI correct and you may see that first impressions do change a new players impressions about the game.

Currently it looks cheap and un-inviting. The talent is there, the impetus appears not to be.

I can name 3 people (including myself) on this forum alone that have the experience to implement these redesigns in a very short period of time.

Chaz.

signed, sums the problem pretty good up

its embarrassing for a professional company like mindark, the most painful components in my opinion are:

1. the society function (its an -unbelievable- big joke as it is now)
2. the overall ui look and feel(s), as chaz stated
3. the sluggish impression of the game, everything is soo slow, regardless of the machine (ok here is the next bulletin, "game-performance" per "processing power unit" is pretty bad in entropia at this moment....since years)

4.....n. Lags, Bugs, missing content and so on.... but i am kinda convinced, that the first three notes are the most important for this bad impression of the whole entropia universe...

You could loot the creature, then it would remain on the ground for a short amount of time, allowing you to tame it as well (after you loot it).
There is no Necromancer skill in EU. :laugh:

*whine on*

Dear MA, as a player - I:

- want correct alignment and spacing of text.

- want consistency in styling, font size, buttons, borders, resizing, docking, background transparency (see Tracked Missions window, Progress, Item windows, Skill windows).

- do not want a mash of styles that are becoming less and less functional.

- do not want each new addition to require "...." at the end because the text does not fit in the designated space.
Tracked missions needs the most immediate attention - use the chat box/radar/crafting menu styling - dockable, resizable, similar font styling and remove those cheap metallic borders.

- want the previous static highlight which worked very well, to be reinstated.
- do not want the current blue highlight for right click menus which fades in too slow - so its difficult to see the current selection.

- do not want HP bars that have a heavy bold white font and only cater for 10 letters, so most are cut off. The previous font and size was more legible.

- can list 30+ more examples which I am surprised were even accepted as changes to the UI.

*whine off*

Chaz.

The aesthetics and coherent theme is less important to me than keeping the text small and compact but in the end it would be hard to not improve both by improving one or the other, or reverting almost any change made to the UI involving text in the last 5 years...

the new lag freaking blows... lost 2 targets last night, waited on one for 45min only to crash as soon as i got out in pvp lootable.... plus the PVP hofs reset whenever you crash which totally sucks.

Annoying with the dead mobs, hard to know if it was looted or not. ;)
But I guess it's just a matter of time until I get used to that too.
Interesting to know why they have it thou'.
One reason could be lag, since you spread out actions that happens at same time,
another reason could the taming as mentioned earlier.
Yet another reason could be "new" lootfeature that is basicly based on shared loot,
but with the difference that everyone that has done some damage to the target has
to loot it to get their share (this will remove killstealing since everyone get their share
from damage they have done).

I guess the new fonts are for the new UI for the Social Interface.
(This prototype is mentioned and displayed in Developer Notes #7)
lfyqjysrmcn86k4zagfc54aci0ubtvf

It would make for much better hof screenies if the dead mob is still lying on the ground after looting it.

that actually makes sense.

Creatures no longer disappear immediately when looted.

attachment.php

Great now I can run around making sure they are all looted? Who asked for this "feature?" :scratch2:

Last edited:
Have to ask you MA...

Would this new type of critical damage hit be more often then the old critical damage hits or not.:confused:

( Because the answer determines whether it is a nerfs or not ).

Have to ask you MA...

Would this new type of critical damage hit be more often then the old critical damage hits or not.:confused:

( Because the answer determines whether it is a nerfs or not ).

There's not a new type of critical hit, it's just that both types have less damage now. If anything, the frequency has been reduced. It's a buff with additional buff for sale (which is of course the point).

Where is the test server?

Why are these systems not tested AND 100% implemented (50% implementation, for example; if the dead mobs not dissapearing is for taming) on a test server before going live?

I have to assume they are, to some extent... Why so many bugs?

Here is my idea:

Make an instance, available to everyone, from any teleporter.
It logs you onto the test server.
Nothing counts, it is simply for testing new game features.
Devs can implement Pre-VU features for the communityto test and leave feedback (support tickets titled: Test Server Feedback).
Once bugs have been noted and corrected, features can be implemented to the live servers.

Pretty simple? It would reduce, if not eliminate these troubles after each VU. Devs NEED educated testers... I'm not sure if MindArk has any...

Devs NEED educated testers... I'm not sure if MindArk has any...

It has, thousands of them :)

What test server, who will pay for it? Additional expenses for a test server would mean worse loot, and I personally would rather be their guinea-pig than a bankrupt. The "test server" is our live server while it's offline for update, that's why updates take hours (3 days for VU10, if I remember correctly) and new features are implemented step by step.

I will rip my eyes with a spoon next time I read about test servers in EU.

There's not a new type of critical hit, it's just that both types have less damage now. If anything, the frequency has been reduced. It's a buff with additional buff for sale (which is of course the point).

i seem to get critted alot more often and the dmg has increased from 30-40 to 50-80!.. so the reduction of 4 dmg doesnt help much if mobs crit higher..

i seem to get critted alot more often and the dmg has increased from 30-40 to 50-80!.. so the reduction of 4 dmg doesnt help much if mobs crit higher..

Yeah that gets reported after every VU, along with reduced loot, more misses etc. In the case of damage, sometimes it's actually true because mob max damage or damage type gets adjusted, but most commonly it's just the normal "dynamic" fluctuation in frequency of everything in game. It should probably still average out to 2%. In about 700 hits I took after VU to test the crits reduction, I had 7 crits (exactly 2%, as expected) in first 350 and none in the second 350, which probably meant i had more than 2% in the next 350 hits (did not check, but that's the way it tends to work here).

Anyway, no need for "seem": you can look at your chat.log with a spreadsheet or use some parsing app to tell you the frequency of crits. The maximum damage of a crit hit is still 2x mob max damage as it has been forever.

Yeah that gets reported after every VU, along with reduced loot, more misses etc. In the case of damage, sometimes it's actually true because mob max damage or damage type gets adjusted, but most commonly it's just the normal "dynamic" fluctuation in frequency of everything in game. It should probably still average out to 2%. In about 700 hits I took after VU to test the crits reduction, I had 7 crits (exactly 2%, as expected) in first 350 and none in the second 350, which probably meant i had more than 2% in the next 350 hits (did not check, but that's the way it tends to work here).

Anyway, no need for "seem": you can look at your chat.log with a spreadsheet or use some parsing app to tell you the frequency of crits. The maximum damage of a crit hit is still 2x mob max damage as it has been forever.

but they could have easily increased the minimum crit dmg on the patch.. coz i have been shooting same mobs with same gear for 2 weeks now and after patch the crits are much higher than before.. but the rate of crits could be just my imagination because they hurt more now

Back