Entropia Universe 14.6.1 Release Notes

reserving judgement till I can log in:
no mention of removing the tutorials or those stupid ear thingies

I don't see a delete the tutorials. But I just signed in to see the fonts etc. Good work.... I think we are stuck with the tutorials :(

big step in the right direction with this update

but here some bugs i saw and some suggestions

1) you are loosing the focus on the chat window when the HOF ticker appears
2) why don´t you give the possibility to turn on/off the HOF ticker?
3) why can you choose a ped range in the options for the HOF ticker and not checkboxes for checking on a) HOFs b) Globals c) Discoveries
4) colours are now much better, but i want to choose a little bit softer colours for messages which are not so importend like globals, why don´t you move the colour settings to the options and use something like http://www.colorpicker.com ??? maybe also interesting http://www.colourlovers.com for doing some research
5) i still don´t understand why the message center has the icon of "WiFi" and not the old "Email" icon which would be more the correct icon for a message center
6) the HOF ticker window is not flexible, long text messages, specially from some OLAs, are too long and brake the range of the HOF ticker

these are the first 5-min-in-game-impressions of the new update ...
you are on the right way, don´t be shy and move some steps forward ;)

Last edited:
Yee i notice that global thing ,how to remove that it getting annoying already :mad:

No more BLINK, no more "ME", better fonts, less HOF ticker...

So they hear us :holyshit::eyecrazy::yup::cool::beerchug::clap::banana:

Great Job, TY!

I don't see a delete the tutorials. But I just signed in to see the fonts etc. Good work.... I think we are stuck with the tutorials :(

That is the one I was looking for too :(

Yee i notice that global thing ,how to remove that it getting annoying already :mad:

I thought I read somewhere the global ticker could be moved around, granted I signed in real quick but couldn't grab it to move it LOL.

yeah it can be moved, and you can set threshold 100,200,...,1000 for minimum global to view (in HUD options)

great job with bringing the colors and background back, and for not letting chat stack anymore!

BUT...when I die, or globals, or tp chip becomes ready, I lose chat focus...For example, casting time on tp chip is when I usually do a lot of typing...now, when it becomes rdy to let me jump, my typing loses focus, and I end up opening 6-7 windows and losing my cursor.

Once that is fixed, I will actually start chatting again and using it again...but for now, the chat interface is just like a vestigial organ that my ancestors once needed, but is useless to me now.

I thought I read somewhere the global ticker could be moved around, granted I signed in real quick but couldn't grab it to move it LOL.

In hud set it to show all the time, move it, then uncheck that again :)

BUT...when I die, or globals, or tp chip becomes ready, I lose chat focus...For example, casting time on tp chip is when I usually do a lot of typing...now, when it becomes rdy to let me jump, my typing loses focus, and I end up opening 6-7 windows and losing my cursor.

Did you turn off chat focus in the hud before this update? You may have to enable it again :)

Did you turn off chat focus in the hud before this update? You may have to enable it again :)

The events he mentioned (at list the hofs, for me, haven't yet tested others) unfocus the chat even with the option turned on.

ok your getting there MA
Colors and background are readable now something that should have been done correctly in the first place.
Im happy you fixed that. :yay:

Red bar I can compromise with being able to move it somewhere and also the 2k min, would still have preffered to get rid of it all together though. (black tape will fix that)

Chats are not being logged still in the log files , only global hof and skill messages are being logged.
this is really important !

Chat tabs are not lockable , there should be an option to lock the tabs in place.
Stupid ears are still there , would it not be possible to move the notification down to the top of the chat box ? as the notification is not obvious enough .
Tutorials are not removable.
No option to completely remove system message box or disable the skill or damage messages that come up in there.

it appears that Force chat is still bugged. Will test this later.

Still feels clunky but definately a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Anybody else noticed that during team hunts, every time we loot, the screen freezes for a millisecond!
I think this is because of the team loot being populated on the chat.

Thank you thank you thank you

Thanks for listening, responding, being flexible and the great new interface. Some growing pains that are going very well.

In hud set it to show all the time, move it, then uncheck that again :)

Thanks........... I think I did turn it off.......,, will get it :)

Anybody else noticed that during team hunts, every time we loot, the screen freezes for a millisecond!
I think this is because of the team loot being populated on the chat.

yes, the same for me...
you can disable showing the team loot messages..right click tab, point on team, submenu opens where you can disable the loot messages...
just a workaround for the time being, i hope they fix this..

you can disable showing the team loot messages..right click tab, point on team, submenu opens where you can disable the loot messages...

awesome - this means separate tab for team loot should work too then

friendslist ... please put the ONLY scrolling back ... now i have to scroll and also use the pager ...

For those who did whine about Cyrene's uber tt refiner:

The Trade Terminal Refiner, Imperium Resource Refiner 1A, has been changed (as per a request from MindArk) and now has a higher rate of decay. Two new refiners have been added, one from crafting and one looted that can both be discovered.

source

Decay doubled from 0.015 to 0.03, now equal to Ark's tt refiner.

Impressed with how fast MA took on board the complaints, and now really like this new look chat interface.

:thumbup:

The globals showing up remove focus from when your typing, hopefully we can get a quick fix for that one.

That was fast..... does it really work? :silly2:
Nice work.

Impressed with how fast MA took on board the complaints, and now really like this new look chat interface.

Nice to think someone up there may be listening for a change. The LARGE TEXT is very cool.

friendslist:
1) the ordering of the names in the friendslist is kind of strange ... uppercase letters are alphabeticly followed from lowercase ... so from up to down A, B, C, a, b, c ... quite funny
2) the details of the first online contact opens sometimes automaticly

Last edited:
So much better, thanks MA :yup:

Plenty of beeps and chat events going on by default that could confuse newbies though.
Like when entering and leaving LA's. "Oh, a beep, is it a friend? did i global? did i get a skill gain? Oh, I just walked over a land boundary". It's kind of useless information mostly.

I don't think MA will remove the HOF ticker. Forcing us to see hofs is probably some sort of psychology aiming towards us playing and depoing harder.

hof ticker ...
you have to set the ped amount after every new login ...

I'd love to be able to right click on someones name in chat, or their avatar in game, and view their profile. It seems a bit pointless if only people on your friendlist can view it especially if your biography and mentor information contains things of interest like services, mentor timezones, availability etc.

I'd love to be able to right click on someones name in chat, or their avatar in game, and view their profile. It seems a bit pointless if only people on your friendlist can view it especially if your biography and mentor information contains things of interest like services, mentor timezones, availability etc.

You can check peoples bios if their not on your friends list by selecting nearby in the toggle filter panel visibility. Which basically means anyone within your radar range not great i suppose. Also not sure if this works in pvp zones as i haven't tried yet but if it does your be able to know anyone within your radar range.

You can check peoples bios if their not on your friends list by selecting nearby in the toggle filter panel visibility. Which basically means anyone within your radar range not great i suppose. Also not sure if this works in pvp zones as i haven't tried yet but if it does your be able to know anyone within your radar range.

Ok thanks, that's quite helpful for a trading area with more than a couple of avatars at least. I couldn't get that to work yesterday but it was probably lag. Now we just need it universe wide for when out hunting or mining in the middle of nowhere with no one else in sight for hours :)

Ok thanks, that's quite helpful for a trading area withe more than a couple of avatars at least. I couldn't get that to work yesterday but it was probably lag. Now we just need it universe wide for when out hunting or mining in the middle of nowhere with no one else in sight for hours :)

a list of all online avatars .... hmm...

Back