Entropia Universe 14.6.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The social interface is an important part of the Entropia Universe experience and is something that MindArk is continually striving to improve. Based on feedback from participants, we have made a number of adjustments and updates to the new Social UI that we hope will improve the usability of the new interface. Additional refinements and adjustments to the Social UI will be made in the upcoming platform releases and patches. We thank the EU community for all the valuable feedback received in support cases and on community forums.

Adjustments
  • Added shortcuts to chat /tr = trade, /t = team, /s = society, /o = society seniors, /ro = rookie
  • The Rookie channel is now available by default in a dedicated tab.
  • The Globals channel is now disabled in all chat tabs by default.
  • Added two additional larger font sizes for chat windows, which can be managed in the general client Options panel.
  • Adjusted text color selection to more primary colors with better contrast. White has also been added and is now used as the default color for the Local channel.
  • Drop shadow has been added to all text to enhance visibility.
  • “Me” has been replaced with the avatar’s chosen display name in the chat window.
  • Tabs no longer flash on new alerts, instead they will highlight only.
  • There is now an option for disabling the new alert tab highlighting in the context menu for each tab.
  • Changed position of ‘Yes/Okay’ and ‘No/Cancel’ in confirmation dialogues.
  • The ‘Send Reply’ button is now activated on mouse button release instead of mouse button press.
  • Disciple and Team icons in contacts are now more recognizable.
  • The filter in Contacts will now be maximized by default.
  • Avatar name links are now correctly displayed in Vehicle messages.
  • Renaming a tab or contact will now have input field focus on the opened UI.
  • It is now possible to use the Enter key to confirm name changes and other dialogs.
  • The HoF Ticker can now be relocated.
  • The HoF Ticker can now be set as always visible, or only visible when a global/hof is displayed.
  • Thresholds for the HoF Ticker can now be set in the general Options menu, so that only globals over the selected value will be displayed.

Channel adjustments
  • Channel names are no longer case-sensitive
  • Dash(-), underscore(_) are allowed between (alphanumeric) words
  • Help message text for the Create command has been improved
  • The /listchannels command only accepts filter strings that contains underscores, dashes or alphanumeric characters, and is no longer case-sensitive
  • All previously created custom channels have been removed in this patch as a consequence of the above changes.

Bug fixes
  • Tooltips no longer appear for hidden contacts.
  • The Mentor icon in Contacts now has a tooltip.
  • Using “Keep Main Chat focus when entering text” will now correctly clear the input field after sending a message.
  • The action for sending private message through avatar links context menu will no longer be gray when that avatar is in another territory.
  • Events will now show rank properly in message received in Message Center.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Lotsa useful updates for chat system :)

Good job!
Thanks for listening to community ;)

I hope that this will continue and EU changes for better.

GOOD !!!

Fast reaction to forum suggestions, gz.

Now, about that flashy global/hof red thingie... is still there? (cannot login for another 8-9 hours)

Edit: NM, saw this

The HoF Ticker can now be relocated.
The HoF Ticker can now be set as always visible, or only visible when a global/hof is displayed.
Thresholds for the HoF Ticker can now be set in the general Options menu, so that only globals over the selected value will be displayed.

Better than nothing. Setting it to 330000 PED value :D

Last edited:
Wow MA took notice of our comments, great work.

that was quick

WOW, I must say, a super-fast response to some of the main issues with the new interface (the ones which bothered me, at least, most). This is the right direction! Well done, and keep it up :)

+rep for MA devs!

Great job, a lot of stuff that the community asked for was added.

Keep it up! :wtg:

Thanks MA for listening to us and fixing the most annoying chat issues asap!

+Rep MA Dev Team

Tesla

some great improvements.
btw can we buy Ark deeds now?

good job for listening your customers :) huge step for MA. gratz!

Glad to se the devs listen to the comunity :)
I try it out and se how it work for me now hehe ;)

wow

*claps*

GOOD JOB MA :)

Thanks for listening!

Keep this up. Make your customers happy!

Nice Job!

Do the banks work?

Nice they are listening :)

Good with changes that the community brings forward! But I am waiting with the applause's until I see the results :silly2::silly2:

reserving judgement till I can log in:
no mention of removing the tutorials or those stupid ear thingies

Last edited:
irony on: you know how some things are 24/7 - well I wonder if MA are 1/52. It takes them over a year to change the chat interface and they screw it up in so many small ways, then 1 week later they are able to (going on the notes) improve things with quite an impressive list of changes.
irony off:

I suppose what I really want to know is: what makes up the massive difference between 51 weeks of the year and the 1 week between vu and patch? We've seen it several times now - who or what is it?

Whatever it is, MA should be sprinkling that gold dust a bit more the rest of the time too maybe.
Let's now hope the changes work! :)

irony on: you know how some things are 24/7 - well I wonder if MA are 1/52. It takes them over a year to change the chat interface and they screw it up in so many small ways, then 1 week later they are able to (going on the notes) improve things with quite an impressive list of changes.
irony off:

I suppose what I really want to know is: what makes up the massive difference between 51 weeks of the year and the 1 week between vu and patch? We've seen it several times now - who or what is it?

Whatever it is, MA should be sprinkling that gold dust a bit more the rest of the time too maybe.
Was thinking the same thing... it's weird, isn't it... unless it was intentional ;p

Please code uniformly, There are several components in the UI that you can select and copy the text and now several parts that do not allow this.

Please pick one or the other on how the UI is to behave. Or at least have the same person working on designs.
The crafting UI and function is completely different than this new UI direction, and its less than a year old.

Even parts of the new UI have copy ability like global/hof details. When you click on the bar. Which is completely redundant, its posted in chat, its posted on screen, its captured by trackers. We don't need another window to tell us the details of someone elses' global, or need to copy/paste that info at all.

I would like the option to again copy/paste any shop sales or auction sales, because that can actually help me with my bottom line, and making sure things are filled without running to the store everyday, it was a feature you simply took away.

irony off:

Umm... That would be because the chat changes in this VU would affect extremely minor bits of the code that implements the chat. On the scale of a couple of lines out of several thousand to a ten thousand or possibly even a much smaller subset of the code. The massive difference is in design and implementation of the system vs minor tweaks.

It would be really good if people who have no actual coding or development background would stop saying "how come MA ...." as what they are going to say, will be totally moronic. In this case you pretty much asked "how come re-painting the rails on the bridge took only 1 week when the design and building took over a year?".

...and when game will be up i will take handgun ,switch to 1st wiew ....
say ouch my finger is still broken

and count another VU as not fixed

but dont worry MA its only few months

No mention in bug fixes if the bank deeds work again? :eyecrazy:

Well, atleast it's updating now already.

Umm... That would be because the chat changes in this VU would affect extremely minor bits of the code that implements the chat. On the scale of a couple of lines out of several thousand to a ten thousand or possibly even a much smaller subset of the code. The massive difference is in design and implementation of the system vs minor tweaks.

It would be really good if people who have no actual coding or development background would stop saying "how come MA ...." as what they are going to say, will be totally moronic. In this case you pretty much asked "how come re-painting the rails on the bridge took only 1 week when the design and building took over a year?".

Firstly: it would be really good if people who don't know each other would stop saying things as if they know who has a coding or development background or not etc.

However, I asked the question and also got a nice comparison example in return about painting the rails versus designing and building the bridge. I DO like that bit of the answer. It leads to a more complicated question then of why let the engineers decide the default paint colours etc if they are useless at it, resulting in the bridge being painted awful colours the first time round? Why does a painter only get a say in it after the bridge has been released?

After long long time good patch :wtg::wtg, and that red global bar is gone thumbs up for that

well the colors is fixed and i am called kitch again. so i am off MA's back for a while :rolleyes:

very nice :)

very nice, I'm impressed.

Well... fantastic, i lose chat focus everytime someone globals, that's kinda a bummer when you're typing...

(that is, when ever the ticker pops up, and the max amount for the filter is 2k, i hope that no-one will get over 2k hofs so i don't have to see that shit again.)

However, I asked the question and also got a nice comparison example in return about painting the rails versus designing and building the bridge. I DO like that bit of the answer. It leads to a more complicated question then of why let the engineers decide the default paint colours etc if they are useless at it, resulting in the bridge being painted awful colours the first time round? Why does a painter only get a say in it after the bridge has been released?

Probably because MA does not have a dedicated person to do UX and UI design so its done by whoever does the code. Because really, MA is a rather small company.

Back