Entropia Universe 14.6 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Social Interface
Social User Interface has been redone and have added features.

Main Chat
All text communication originates from chat channels. The default chat channels are: Local, Trade, System, Globals, Rookie, Society, Society Seniors & Private Messages.

Custom channels can also be created using the /create command (see below). By default, custom channels are private; the creator of the channel can then invite other members to the channel.
Alternatively, custom channels can be made public using the /set command (see below), which allows other participants to /join a public custom channel.

The communications from channels are displayed in chat tabs. There are two default tabs, Main and System, which cannot be removed from the main chat window and have some restrictions on channel management. Custom chat tabs can be created by right-clicking on an existing chat tab and clicking the ‘New Tab’ option. The right-click context menu also offers other tab customization options, such as setting the fade, color and channel settings of a tab. A chat window can have a maximum of 10 chat tabs. Additional chat windows can be created by dragging a custom chat tab’s header outside of the main chat window. Detached custom tabs can then be grouped together in a new chat window.

Other Features
  • New messages in unfocused chat tabs display an indicator when the tab contains unviewed messages.
  • Links, avatar names, channels and items can be copied to the clipboard via the right-click context menu.
  • All links have a set of options accessible through the right-click context menu.
  • You now have a permanent ignore list. Use the right-click context menu or the /ignore command to ignore a player. View your ignore list with the /ignorelist command.
  • The TAB key can be used to auto-complete avatar names in commands.
  • The TAB key can be used to switch channels when the input field for a chat tab is in focus.
  • A voice quick bar is available for options, mute and mic.

Commands:
Privacy Status Commands
  • /afk - Sets privacy status to AFK (Away From Keyboard).
  • /dnd - Sets privacy status to DND (Do Not Disturb).
  • /invisible - Sets privacy status to invisible mode.
  • /online - Sets privacy status to online.

Channel Input Commands
  • /custom - Change the current input channel to an existing custom channel.
  • /local - Change the current input channel to the Local default channel.
  • /officers - Change the current input channel to the Society Seniors default channel.
  • /rookie - Change the current input to the Rookie default channel.
  • /society - Change the current input to the Society default channel.
  • /team - Change the current input to the current Team channel.
  • /trade - Change the current input to the Trade default channel.

Channel Management Commands
  • /create (or /c) - Create a new custom channel. Channel names must start with a "#" symbol and may not contain spaces.
  • /deop
    - Remove channel operator status from a channel member.
  • /invite (or /i)
    - Invite a player to a custom channel.
  • /join (or /j) - Join a public custom channel
  • /kick (or /k)
    - Kick someone out of a private custom channel.
  • /leave (or /l) - Leave a custom channel.
  • /listchannels - Lists channels with names containing
  • /listmembers - Lists all members of a custom channel.
  • /listmuted - Lists all muted members of a private custom channel.
  • /mute (or /m)
    - Mute a member of a private custom channel.
  • /op
    - Grant channel operator status to a channel member.
  • /set (or /s)
    or
    - Sets a custom channel privacy status to public or private.
  • /unmute (or /um)
    - unmutes a muted member of a private custom channel.
  • /unmuteall - Unmutes all muted members of a private custom channel.

Contact Management Commands
  • /ignore
    - Ignores an avatar. All further chat communication from an ignored avatar will be blocked.
  • /listignored - List all ignored avatars.
  • /return (or /r) - Reply to the latest received private whisper.
  • /unignore
    - Remove ignore status from an avatar.
  • /whisper (or /w) - Send a private whisper to someone.

Miscellaneous Commands
  • /emote (or /em) - Perform the specified emote. use /emote ? for the available emotes.
  • /help (or /?) - View help on a specific command. If a command name is not specified, a list of available commands is displayed.
  • /pos (or /p) - Create a position link with your current coordinates in the text input field.

Message Center
A new message center that will handle all message types has been added with the following functions:
  • You have 5 different message types that you can filter; Auction, Notes, Messages, System and Global
  • The filter button displays how many new unread messages you have.
  • The messages have an indicator if they have been read or not.
  • The Message Center can be minimized for your convenience. New messages will show with and indicator and flash on any new activity.
  • You can now send offline messages via the create new message button, a new Conversation UI will open where you can also add multiple recipients up to a maximum of 10.
  • You can now create Notes that are can be placed, resized and colored anywhere on the dashboard that are saved until deleted.
  • You can drag most messages for edit or reading from message center to dashboard.
  • Message Center can be moved and resized in height.

Contacts
A new Contacts UI has been added where you find information about friends, society and nearby avatars. There is also a Player Profile connected to this.
  • You can set your online status through a selector; Online, Invisible, Do Not Disturb, Away from Keyboard
  • There is a filter panel with several options:
    • Context flags
    • Player Registry
    • SearchFilter - Applicants, Disciple, Society, Team, Friends, Nearby
  • Context flags show icons on listed avatars to show your connection to them.
  • Player Registry is where you can search for avatars in Entropia. A new button has been added, “Copy Avatar Link”.
  • You can list avatars via filter panel. Search will work on selected filter settings. Nearby lists all avatars in radar radius.
  • A player profile has been added and can be accessed through context menu on the avatar profile picture. In the player profile you can set biography, set displayed name and chose profile picture.
  • Avatars in contact list can be expanded for more detailed information about Location, Profession, Biography, Mentor Status, Society. You can also access private chat, Send message and all other options through context menu on the player profile picture.
  • Contacts UI can be moved and resized in height.
We want your feedback to further enhance and improve this Social User Interface. Please post on your planet partner forum.
Note: We know that the nearby function will change how the PvP works and we are working on some changes for that as well as other things when it comes to PvP in general.

Changes
  • New participants must verify their email address before leaving the start room.

As previously announced we are experiencing issues with the gold card authentication. We understand from the gold card technology partner company that the issue will be solved today. We apologize for any inconvenience.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Nice. Lets see how it all works ingame.. If it works as planned i think it is a big step forward for ingame communication.

These notes looks great still some needs Testing PVP

Would be interesting test this
"
•You can list avatars via filter panel. Search will work on selected filter settings. Nearby lists all avatars in radar radius.
"

PVP radar reworked ....

Would be that again another exploit for Robbers?

Resnis

I hope that custom channels and invitations will be persistent, so you wouldn't have to recreate and rejoin everything upon each log in.

Note: We know that the nearby function will change how the PvP works and we are working on some changes for that as well as other things when it comes to PvP in general.!

Now you can learn people's biography before killing them, that makes PVP a friendlier place :D

i like the new commands .. but can I try it? there is nothing stated about login problem for gold card owners :eyecrazy:

i like the new commands .. but can I try it? there is nothing stated about login problem for gold card owners :eyecrazy:

Yes, there is - see the statement at the bottom:
As previously announced we are experiencing issues with the gold card authentication. We understand from the gold card technology partner company that the issue will be solved today. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Serica beat me to it.

So many commands to use now hehe

EDIT:

CAN'T LOG INTO THIS NEW VU WITH GC!

Last edited:
Yep, can't log in if you're a serious EU player. Good job MA...I feel a slow clap is in order.

And no clickable links (URL's) :(

Omg, still can't log in with GC are you fuc*ing kidding me? This is totally unfair.. Servers should be offline until GC issue is fixed!!!

Yeah...still no gold card access. Ok MA, this was the final straw. Fuck this.

Note: We know that the nearby function will change how the PvP works and we are working on some changes for that as well as other things when it comes to PvP in general.

Now this is just pure BS... Why not rollback the radar bug then? Would save time and effort for the cheaters...

Or was it so hard to make that stupid function NOT WORK IN PVP4? And seriously.. Why would people want to see the info nearby avatars if they don't know them? If they do know them, the bloody "feature" is useless.

But as always... Someone's worthless idea will mess things up for the normal players and open a path for a new way to exploit (Which of course will get "fixed" or reworked into something even stranger in a half a year or so, because MA has so much work to do on changes that basically nobody is fond of)... YAY!!!

But the downtime isn't over yet? It was supposed to come online at 11:30 UTC and it's 11:19.

4 new discoveries so far on Toulan. I was ready to shoot with ammo in the field expecting I would have a chance at some new discoveries, but because I chose to secure my account I don't get that chance.

I lived through the introduction of footguards and armor equipping decay, and I think this pisses me off more.

My first impression is that this interface is based on IRC
Woot

Half of your posts are saying "final straw" or "i quit" yet still i see you here.. i dont think this means what you think it means.

Selling out takes a long ass time. I have sold all my big stuff. Unfortunately, my sell out was slowed down by a uber giving me a ton of awesome shit to use while he is out of game for a few months, so i have been using his gear for now (for fun, and to try it out), because YES, I don't want to sell out.

But every day this game pushes me closer and closer to the edge. I have been selling out, and this pushed me back over the edge to focus on it once more.

It means exactly what I think it means.

Servers went online and there is 1 global that tracker has captured... :smash:

4 new discoveries so far on Toulan. I was ready to shoot with ammo in the field expecting I would have a chance at some new discoveries, but because I chose to secure my account I don't get that chance.

I lived through the introduction of footguards and armor equipping decay, and I think this pisses me off more.

No worries, some of us are always at work after updates for years now. I can sneak comments on forum, but no way to fire up the game to have a chance to discover jack sh!t.

By the time I reach home, good stuff is discovered, fresh loot and early MU is !!!!! and to top it I have to endure the bragging coming from my FL :)

I have been selling out, and this pushed me back over the edge to focus on it once more.

Shhh, if MA find out that people are going to sell out when they finally get in, they may decide it's better to never start the GC server :)

No worries, some of us are always at work after updates for years now. I can sneak comments on forum, but no way to fire up the game to have a chance to discover jack sh!t.

By the time I reach home, good stuff is discovered, fresh loot and early MU is !!!!! and to top it I have to endure the bragging coming from my FL :)

Yes, I've been in this position for many of my EU years as well, but now that I have the ability to be online at this time, it's super annoying to have the opportunity snatched away and presented to a specific subset of the playerbase.

BTW now 9 discoveries between 3 avatars.

I am seriously thinking about quiting. New VU and I can't even log in. This is the biggest BS I ever heard of!!!!

Yes, there is - see the statement at the bottom:

don't try to 'repair' your installation today, it will delete everything so you'll have to dl the whole lot again :d

Fucking incompetent staff.... all i can say about this.

They havent fixed the goldcard issue??? Or is it just me...

They shouldnt fcking release the update it if they didnt fix the goldcard issue, damn morons.

Back