Entropia Universe 15.15.0 Release Notes

Can't see why info about all the mission rewards in EU shouldn't be readily available in-game. It can be very costly to find out on your own and maybe there was nothing you really wanted.

One step further.
It also seems there's no reason why the most basic info about mobs (like, HP and damage) shouldn't be easily accessible in-game. Scanners could show us that... Although, in the big picture that wouldn't change much. Takes no time to find all those simple things out on your own anyway and if you do that you only pay a few PEDs, once. It's the more complex things that are really important anyway...

I have no problem with little more info in-game, but there's a limit. The game, if it aims at immersive and realistic experience should give you feedback directly. If you die with a small armor put on a bigger one. If the mob doesn't give good loot, change gear or go shoot something else... It's a world and you should live in it, not spend your time reading databases.

My friend Thief was sitting in the internet cafe playing PE back in 2005. Falx was a small mob back then, small cute and furry. Thief runs around in his shiny almost full set of pixie, sees this little furry thing and stops. WTF is that?
Luckily for Thief, there's an uber PE player sitting right next to him in that cafe. So he asks, Hey look at this, is it too hard for me to kill?
The other guy glances at falx says nope, go ahead!
Falx only hits once and the next thing Thief sees is the revival. He doesn't ask any more questions and he'll never forget what Falxangius is.

The real problem with this game is, we know too much... :yup:

Last edited:
For example, let's say you want to get into mining, how would you plan to map the whole universe (or even a single planet) properly by yourself, without a big enough budget or without relations with other people or using collaborative knowledge?

There's a contradiction in this. If I tried "without a big enough budget" and succeeded, it would follow that the budget was big enough after all. What is "big enough" is mostly experimental science, and empirically confirmed values are much lower than most people imagine.

On the other hand, if MA would have shared exact maps with all minerals, everyone would have the same information at their fingertips and everyone could just use their own judgment and decide when to mine, what to mine, where to mine, when to sell, what stack size, what markup etc. This way the people taking the smartest decisions would profit most, but not because they had more money or more relations for getting access to resource maps in the first place, but simply because they made better use of the same information that everyone else had.

On Arkadia, ore and enmatter spawns are server-wide, and what server holds what is common knowledge. Somehow, it doesn't lead to "smartest" decisions carrying the day, just makes it a whole lot more boring.

On a side note, even if MA shared mineral maps, the proportions of minerals you got would not stay constant, because balancing and all that. Even on Ark, average MU you get from the same server ceteris paribus fluctuates quite a lot.

MA fix wave spawns

Dear MA, please fix the triggered wave events. I/we like these very much and would like to finish our iron challenges.

Dear MA, please fix the triggered wave events. I/we like these very much and would like to finish our iron challenges.

Are you talking about the Traeskeron wave? That one is temporarily disabled until the next mini-patch that should come next week.

Are you talking about the Traeskeron wave? That one is temporarily disabled until the next mini-patch that should come next week.

cool.

Does this mini patch fix the loot as well?

You think it's broken just because you have had poor returns for less than a week?

CgFtGkxUIAEYZ_S.jpg

I'd be more than happy to forward your concerns to the people working on this. If you send me a PM with your grievance, preferably with dates and numbers, I'll make sure it lands on the right desk.

You think it's broken just because you have had poor returns for less than a week?

Maybe you should read more forum replies and ask this question again.
I thought that with loot 2.0 your returns would be more steady. Sure I accept losses, hell, I expect losses, but especially on larger mobs it sucks ass big time!

Just tell me, arent you secretly sucking us dry to produce a gigantic ATH?

I'd be more than happy to forward your concerns to the people working on this. If you send me a PM with your grievance, preferably with dates and numbers, I'll make sure it lands on the right desk.
:lolup: :laugh::wtg:

Thanks for the good laugh!

You mean, you'll make sure it lands on top of the to-do stack?

Don't worry Kim, we (or at least I) dont hold any more expectations. From that point, all you get is nice, right? ;)

I thought that with loot 2.0 your returns would be more steady. Sure I accept losses, hell, I expect losses, but especially on larger mobs it sucks ass big time!

Don't worry Kim, we (or at least I) dont hold any more expectations. From that point, all you get is nice, right? ;)
the forum has always been a cesspool of people complaining about their bad returns both before and after loot 2.0

Some people are just too impatient. :)

Please do read all forum feedback, but don't base further decisions solely/mostly on that, since the people involved with the forums are generally known not to be a fair representation of the average gamer, but of the elite one, so by giving too much credit to feedback posted by a vocal majority, might give a hit to the silent minority.

For myself, I think the loot 2.0 changes are good and pretty much all my friends (low-level, casual players like me) are also happy with the results. But, again, please don't listen to me/us either, but just analyze how the numbers in your database look and see what message they're sending to you nd don't sweat too much about some anecdotal feedback from me or anyone else from the forum.

For an official response I find this a little, hm, edgy, to be honest. I understand you put a lot of thought and work into this and sensitivity towards impulsive responses is probably increased. Totally understandable. Very much appreciate your presence at this very moment, Midsommar, the highest day of celebration in this country! :beerchug:

The experiences reported so far seem vastly different. I cannot detect a correlation that those with a large sample size overwhelmingly fare better than those who couldn't be so generous. Some are evidently happy. Then even some with the erstwhile best available equipment report losses well above what they are used to. For some it's been a very bumpy ride (myself has noticed a change in the amplitude of swings since about late March, not with this update). Those without a propensity to replenish every loss immediately with their credit card (or actual obstacles against doing so) can be wiped out within short and will ask themselves (or be asked by their significant others) a question upon sitting down again.

Edit: I don't mean to suggest something isn't working as intended. A shift was announced, something to do with 2% and 98%. It will take longer than a week to learn what it means for whom. But vocal reactions sure were to be expected.

Last edited:
Try new stuff people, dont just aimlessly keep doing what you did before the VU, I tried to continue as i did prior to Loot 2.0 and i can tell you I lost, i have then tried hunting many different mobs with different setups and have found where i need to be and my returns have stabilized, hell they even improved a little. Go out try new stuff see what works and what doesn't and then come back and make a more educated response.

Regards

Sarah Kazanori Louise

Try new stuff people, dont just aimlessly keep doing what you did before the VU, I tried to continue as i did prior to Loot 2.0 and i can tell you I lost, i have then tried hunting many different mobs with different setups and have found where i need to be and my returns have stabilized, hell they even improved a little. Go out try new stuff see what works and what doesn't and then come back and make a more educated response.

Regards

Sarah Kazanori Louise

Sure, why not just give us 3 mobs that we are "allowed" to hunt without having 15% less return than b4? Im too high level so I cant go on hunting MU mobs? Seriously? I dont like being "told" what to hunt, never have, thats why i rarely go do events even though i have the skills.

Regards

Sarah Kazanori Louise

I do love these types of responses. The kind that says ,"Look, I'm amazing and I've done great and I'm going to tell you it's possible and that I've done it but I won't share any information at all because what I really just want to do is stroke my own ego at you expense."

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Here's your "I Won Loot 2.0" medal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Mac
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Kim does have a point. when's the last time anyone had consistent returns over 1 week anyways? Takes me 2-4 months to level out..

loot 2.0 is more short-term variance.. eat your 75-90% returns for 3-5 days and then hof like made the next day. Better than 3 weeks of 88% returns and then a 3k hof at the end of the month to make you feel better.

That being said. I've lost a METRIC SHIT TON of ped since loot 2.0.. and much faster than i would've lost it pre-2.0... but I'm also paying back 14k tt profit from the previous month.. so fuck me right?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Kim does have a point. when's the last time anyone had consistent returns over 1 week anyways? Takes me 2-4 months to level out..

loot 2.0 is more short-term variance.. eat your 75-90% returns for 3-5 days and then hof like made the next day. Better than 3 weeks of 88% returns and then a 3k hof at the end of the month to make you feel better.

That being said. I've lost a METRIC SHIT TON of ped since loot 2.0.. and much faster than i would've lost it pre-2.0... but I'm also paying back 14k tt profit from the previous month.. so fuck me right?

Yes, I did have consistent returns over 1 week, even one day, when I killed thousands of small mobs. Like I've said, I did the same exact thing after the vu as the testing I did before the vu, it has changed for the worse for me. It doesn't take 20k kills for loot to even out, especially if they've made loot more even as you said.

the forum has always been a cesspool of people complaining about their bad returns both before and after loot 2.0

Not to be too rude but you mean its been that way for the whole year or so that you have been here.

Yes, I did have consistent returns over 1 week, even one day, when I killed thousands of small mobs. Like I've said, I did the same exact thing after the vu as the testing I did before the vu, it has changed for the worse for me. It doesn't take 20k kills for loot to even out, especially if they've made loot more even as you said.

Well said and as I said in a previous post my returns lasted a couple of hours and then straight down. I have no had a global since 6/21.

I sent the PM we see :).

I wonder how long its going to take to find a mob( that is the best mob) that you are allowed to hunt ? I just wonder how many different combinations of weapons and mobs there are, a lot and that does not include armor, rings, frap or pills. How many do you have to kill to find the right one(s) 100 ? Most say that is too small of a sample so we say 500. What maturity small, medium or large, hum that just tripled the number of combinations BTW. Where should you start, punties, low level, medium level, high or highest ? Where does it exactly end, when do you say ah this is the mob for me. Even then MA never said you would make money just be more consistence and what does that mean? That you will have less lost or less variation in your loss.

I guess there are things that have missed but I think you get the point. I don't think is a matter of run out hunt a couple of mobs, find the one that you like and it likes you and live happily ever. Does anyone here think its that simple?

Damn MA pps are on a roll today, I guess easy day at office :laugh: +rep

Do you also celebrate 23-34 June? We have national holiday here. I would lie if Id say I'm not mildly hangovering :ahh:

Do you also celebrate 23-34 June? We have national holiday here. I would lie if Id say I'm not mildly hangovering :ahh:

(bolding mine - H.)

That's quite a festival, no? :silly2:

Last edited:
yea, it does get out of hand some years:beerchug:
O well, just make it all years to be on the safe side... :laugh:

It is a pretty important holiday in Sweden (and several other Scandinavian countries), as well. I believe the Friday of the Midsommar is a national holiday in Sweden. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes a little out of hand there as well, considering the underlying Viking blood and all that... ;)

Last edited:

"Risk vs reward, ofcourse there is something..."

can you imagine some entropians already rather play slots online than EU for even higher expenses? :(

ps: no i didn't mean henry or any of the other EP4 victims

Last edited:
Back