Entropia Universe 15.20.0 Release

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes

• The ComPet Deed trader on Planet Arkadia has been removed.
  • Updated graphics for Shrapnel.
  • There is now a “Detach all enhancers” action for items with attached enhancers.
  • Resource deeds and the resource finder interface no longer display “Unknown Resource”.
  • Fixed many client crash issues, including many caused by various user interfaces (missions, chat windows, vehicles, inventory, action library and more).

Known Issues
  • The FENTropia Gold (F) and FENtropia Platinum (F) Jackets have misaligned textures.
  • The Argonaut Claw FEN Edition items are missing sound and impact animation.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

I kind of liked unknown claims, but not realy a big deal, other than that decent update. Esp enahncer thingy

The [Genesis Power Claw Mk.6 FEN Edition] is also missing sounds

Changes

[*]The FENTropia Gold (F) and FENtropia Platinum (F) Jackets have misaligned textures.
[*]The Argonaut Claw FEN Edition items are missing sound and impact animation.

Here's some special items for our 15 year event that we've been planning for a long time, but they aren't finished yet.

You think this event has been planned?

Fair point, I just think it's pretty freaking sad. It takes a pro about 6-8 hours to model and rig something like this. Give the sound guy maybe 1-2 hours. MA's incompetence never fails to impress me.

I kind of liked unknown claims, but not realy a big deal, other than that decent update. Esp enahncer thingy

Or perhaps at least some of tinfoil hat theories about unknown claims were true after all. :laugh:

(not that it matters now)

Getting rid of unknown claims is actually a huge improvement for people who use LBML; now we don't have to keep going back and manually inputting stuff.

DUDES!

iMkJ72I.png

Make shrapnell icon small again!

Make shrapnell icon small again!

^^ agreed, an unwelcome change. Get rid of this 90's style inventory management and use a list. I can't fathom why they would make shrap take up half the inventory screen.

Here's some special items for our 15 year event that we've been planning for a long time, but they aren't finished yet.

not specific to this game, all online games work like that. (example: path of exile, new league up for 1 week, SEVEN patches and hotfixes already. and with steam, that means a 15 min patch time no matter how small the update is :laugh:). really not an issue

however, making shrap bigger and "Resource deeds and the resource finder interface no longer display “Unknown Resource”" are total bullshit. who the hell would want that :mad:
and why is the inventory/storage still not SEARCHABLE. and why the fuck remove the compet trader at all - mindblowingly unnecessary

not specific to this game, all online games work like that. (example: path of exile, new league up for 1 week, SEVEN patches and hotfixes already. and with steam, that means a 15 min patch time no matter how small the update is :laugh:). really not an issue

however, making shrap bigger and "Resource deeds and the resource finder interface no longer display “Unknown Resource”" are total bullshit. who the hell would want that :mad:
and why is the inventory/storage still not SEARCHABLE. and why the fuck remove the compet trader at all - mindblowingly unnecessary

It's starting to feel like political correctness / idiotic councils not wanting to offend. One minority person complains and they have to change it immediately. The majority complain and they do nothing.

Bizarre.

(i don't know one person complained about the unknown, but I cannot think of another reason to remove it)

Rgds

Ace

(i don't know one person complained about the unknown, but I cannot think of another reason to remove it)

I think that "unknown" itself was a redundant design element of the previous mining system (pre-amps, until oct 2005), where the actual value was calculated when the last load of resources was pulled. That was because the sizes (small, great etc) were themselves static as number of pulls, but the quantity of resources per pull was decided by the player's mining skill. I would guess that somewhere in the trinity deposit size/type of resource/tt value, "unknown" had a place in that system. It became redundant as soon as we got instant claiming, since all the calculations were already done. So I would believe is a matter of clean-up rather than following complaints.

I never officially complained about it, but I was always cursing it. I'm really glad to see it gone, LBML will be way easier to use now.

[*]There is now a “Detach all enhancers” action for items with attached enhancers.

[*]Resource deeds and the resource finder interface no longer display “Unknown Resource”.

These are welcome changes. Thanks!

I guess the "Loot is claimed by someone else" issue will be here forever now just like the others that has stopped being mentioned in the notes. You know the little part about know issues after MA tells you what has been fixed. Just like shaking over a dead mob until it disappears but what the heck MA has done some real good work on messages about login and log out, instead of left and joined EP. Heavens know that was an important just like the new look of shrapnel. NOT!!!!

I think that "unknown" itself was a redundant design element of the previous mining system (pre-amps, until oct 2005), where the actual value was calculated when the last load of resources was pulled. That was because the sizes (small, great etc) were themselves static as number of pulls, but the quantity of resources per pull was decided by the player's mining skill. I would guess that somewhere in the trinity deposit size/type of resource/tt value, "unknown" had a place in that system. It became redundant as soon as we got instant claiming, since all the calculations were already done. So I would believe is a matter of clean-up rather than following complaints.

I quite liked the old days of not knowing the size of the claim before extracting. And also being able to find the same claim as someone else, and it was the first person to get there that got the claim. I also miss out-of-the-ordinary.

All these things made it 'exciting'.

Unknown, used to be a rare find. Don't know if that is still the case.

Rgds

Ace

Welcome to Entropia Universe.

Joined channel: [Society seniors]
Joined channel: [Society]

:yay: great no need relog for soc chats

still no fix on menus that not fit screen (cant manage all channels as only few show on screen)
and probably no fix on shrinking chats after relogs.. need some testing

but hey atlest something

Changes

• Fixed many client crash issues, including many caused by various user interfaces (missions, chat windows, vehicles, inventory, action library and more).

Not really, tried to TP from Fort Troy and then client crashed.

P.S. Before I have never encounter client crashes while trying to TP.

This makes me very happy :D

Now they just need to add an option to drag all enhancers and toss them into the gun icon as you would an amp. Bang all instantly boosted. Never quite understood why they designed in such a way.

Now they just need to add an option to drag all enhancers and toss them into the gun icon as you would an amp. Bang all instantly boosted. Never quite understood why they designed in such a way.

Or just add a weapon set feature like they have for armor and clothing.

There is now a “Detach all enhancers” action for items with attached enhancers.

Great, thank you for it! :beerchug:

If they try to add that then neither way will work.

Changes

• Updated graphics for Shrapnel.
  • There is now a “Detach all enhancers” action for items with attached enhancers.
  • Resource deeds and the resource finder interface no longer display “Unknown Resource”.

1) Altered probably to help new players see they have it in loot, bigger by design - I approve.

2) Very welcome addition.

3) As already said, legacy code that served no purpose, glad its been changed.

Keep it up! :xbiggrin:

1) Altered probably to help new players see they have it in loot, bigger by design - I approve.

2) Very welcome addition.

3) As already said, legacy code that served no purpose, glad its been changed.

Keep it up! :xbiggrin:

On the shrap , at first it seemed a bit odd to me as well why change something like this.

As i readied myself for space travel today , I saw this big lump of a shrapnel sitting there and I appreciate the model , so i do not forget again to change to ammo and have all my shrap taken by some hungry pirate.

I prefer the old shrapnel. The new shrapnel is unnecessarily big and gaudy, like it's from a different game. It takes up more space in inventory.

If we are fooling around with inventory sizes, make all armors take up same inventory slots... always annoying that some hemlets are bigger than others, etc.... I like organizing 3 sets to sit next to one another in same inventory rows. Makes it easier to keep track of em... just annoying that some sets take up more slots than others, etc. (and don't get me started on the no feet on some sets, lol)

Back