Entropia Universe 15 Year Anniversary Interview

Ι'm so exited about the new stuff we can't speak of :yay:

"Since Entropia Universe launched Calypso, the game has added five more unique partner planets: RockTropia, Next Island, Arkadia, Cyrene and Toulan. While all these planets are unique in their own way, one that I would highlight personally is RockTropia, the first virtual music world. "

Rocktropia seriously?

Rocktropia seriously?

There is some nice mobs, a lot noobfriendly things and can be really fun to be there, why not.
I liked it more in the original design, but its still ok.

rt needs a massive bugfixing undertaking in the mission department.

and that interview could at least have hinted at one new thing they plan to put in the game in 2018... (and it mustn't be graphic updates or vr or any such useless shit)

Rocktroepia...seriously..?

My ears are still bleeding hearing this fucking trash metal/music(and i love classic ROCK)...horrible..its dead with all its flaws...i hope it is..to each its own i guess.

As for the rest of the planet partners....?..hahaha...DEAD!!

Gl and hf all;)

what game was he talking about?

"While it contains many of the traditional MMO-style gameplay elements, such as space exploration, quests, and character leveling"

You mean space exploration as in a 30 - 40 minute real time boring ass flight to get to another planet since there is really nothing else to do or see in space? Quests... that's a bit of a stretch as they are mostly just grinding achievements. Pretty much all quests that have any good reward require cash outlay anyway.

"There are six unique planets players can visit, all maintained by other developers and Entropia Universe does not dictate how to play and offers a near-limitless amount of activities, jobs and items across the expansive universe."

And nearly half aren't completely dead yet with zero players or development! Near limitless activities? Pretty sure it's all hunting mining and crafting on each planet. Sure the graphics can be unique from planet to planet but it's in essence it's the same game everywhere. And at this point it's pretty much arkadia doing most of the development in EU these days. I recall Neverdie had a few good ideas to dramatically change the gameplay on Rocktropia and they were all shut down and now he's on their shit-list.

"While all these planets are unique in their own way, one that I would highlight personally is RockTropia"

That's the one you highlight? The one you refused to allow xmas gifts this year and also refuse to fix the bugs that the community has been begging you to fix for years like the glitchy floors in shops? Is the only reason you're highlighting this one so you can bring up those movie licenses and rock star for it's cache of being associated with Entropia in an interview?

"We definitely want to emphasize that Entropia Universe is not a “pay-to-win” game. Players are not forced to make in-game purchases using real currency to progress or to acquire top-level great, items or spacecrafts."

What??? Ok I'm not even sure where to start with this... What do you mean we don't have to use real currency to progress or acquire stuff? Is there some other form of currency in the game that isn't tied to the US dollar that I didn't know about? Even if we didn't deposit for those funds when we buy stuff we still have to use PED which is the same as spending REAL money. Might as well just say it doesn't count as real money when you're spending the credit card companies money. Like WTF? lol

Ok assuming they mean deposited funds - yeah it's not like we're held at gunpoint to deposit but you're seriously suggesting that people can make this kind of money off sweating and moving on to trading or offering some sort of "service" for money? Last I checked fappers are lucky to get the cost of decay on their faps even for mod 2600's. So they basically do it for free skills but you can't buy gear with skills. And even if sweating is sustainable for the lowest level of hunting there's no way I could see someone getting to Messi's level funding all their skill growth, gear and hunting runs (including supplementing losses) from sweating or fapping earnings. At least not if they want to achieve that goal before the turn of the century.

Geez, this is like saying, I'm not forced to buy food at the grocery store or pay for a place to live - I can easily go outside and forage for berries and live under a bridge in a cardboard box - it's just as good.

Oh well... good interview I suppose. Gotta give it up to MA though, they are masters at describing this game from the vantage point as if they have actually already completed all the things they have promised and all their original visions panned out rather than the vantage point of the state the game development is currently in.

IE describing space like it's a full system for "space exploration" rather than it barely constituting a 1.0 version of the feature. It's barely a step above the pre version 10 days when the ship would launch and that autopilot screen would come up, remember those days? Now all we get when trying to "explore" is: "you are not permitted to enter deep space" WTF?

...Would have rather seen a state of the universe address though.

Last edited:
Nothing new, MA lives in another "Universe"- Henrik Nel should make IG character and try to finish disciple and explore space without depositing :laugh::laugh::laugh:
PR - BS

Was about to respond that it's nice that he speaks fondly of Rocktropia but how does that fit together with how badly it's been broken since 2.0 through no fault of their own, it would seem, and left hanging to dry ever since: https://forum.neverdie.com/threads/open-letter-to-mindark.167/ Now it looks like there is some movement and at least they're talking. I don't know what to make of all this other than hoping that the new leadership brings a change in some general attitudes which would benefit all areas. If not... well, nothing to say really. Remaining cautiously curious.

Back