Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes
  • Rotating camera with Left Mouse Button in Cursor mode will enter Freelook mode which is unpaired to avatar movement. To enter Freelook mode that is paired with avatar movement click Middle Mouse Button.
  • In Cursor mode, interaction with objects will be on Left Mouse button and Context menu on Right Mouse button. Right mouse button on target will no longer do prefered action, use action “Interact” for this matter.
  • When "Target Lock Sensitivity" is on maximum it will now be much harder to break from target.
  • Estate terminals will now display the name of the estate, instead of "Estate Terminal"
  • You will now be able to add a waypoint to a deed location
  • The Deed holder of an Estate will now be visible under the the Estate name when looking at its terminal.
  • The resource type of a mining claim will now be visible in the tooltip of the deed, and on the mining claim in the world.

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue causing Enhancers getting stuck on tools if deteriorated to 0.0 PED TT.
  • Fixed an issue making it difficult to apply makeup if avatar moved.
  • Fixed an issue where amps could still be used with 0.0 PED TT if another attachment is mounted on tools.
  • Fixed an issue causing pets to get in the way of regular tool use if they end up between avatar and target. Your own pets will now only have extended targeting if you have a pet care tool equipped. Others' pets will never have extended targeting.
  • Fixed an issue that made it not possible to use resurrection items on other avatars.
  • Fixed an issue where hovering cursor over the Status bar of your avatar or vehicle in a PVP zone gives them a red outline.
  • Fixed an issue where strings showed up as "???".
  • Client stability.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

The Deed holder of an Estate will now be visible under the the Estate name when looking at its terminal.
so now actual 'holder' of the deed is on the estate terminal, not just who claimed it last? That is a big change for estates! :)

Great work guys. Stable as a rock.
But before the server shutdown i was told there was 30 mins left but then, in a middle of a fight with an Osseocollum, I was logged of... :(

Hopefully theres "enter ship" in context menu on pathfinders again. And the random reticle off to the left of target fixed

good job, quite a lot of fixes there.
thanks

Nice! More fixes :)

Can someone check what happens if you rotate the camera and change back to cursor mode? I'm guessing the camera still snaps back.

Nice fixes - thank you! :)

Controls are getting more confusing...

Now i cant get off a vehicle without binding a key because the right click menu doesnt work on the ship.

Plus the warp icon on the map when doing warps is disappearing somehow.

so now actual 'holder' of the deed is on the estate terminal, not just who claimed it last? That is a big change for estates! :)

It should state Owner in the patch notes and not the Deed Holder for estates.

Still looking for the "Show Passengers" when right clicking a vehicle health bar ;)

Controls are getting more confusing...

Now i cant get off a vehicle without binding a key because the right click menu doesnt work on the ship.

Plus the warp icon on the map when doing warps is disappearing somehow.

Right click on your health bar, then "Exit seat", until next patch probably.

Nice! More fixes :)

Can someone check what happens if you rotate the camera and change back to cursor mode? I'm guessing the camera still snaps back.

If you rotate with left mouse and then hit cursor mode, it will point towards where your camera was pointing at, not turning the avatar or anything.

Anyway, why all these changes? wasn't it fine as it was before? now the menus are not working properly on some of your mechanics... I thought all of this was tested and tried and thought out but it seems it wasn't... Since all these changes are happening to a "well thought" change.

Bit of a rant because it gets tiresome to have to adapt to EVERY single players individual needs. That's what breaks content. You can't please everyone... But at least be consistent.

After the patch logged in, the game laggt heavy. Quest for the day and wanted to delete those I do not want to do. As I said game laggt. Mouse hung on the bronze shinkiba mission, I did not see it and did not look at the query text. deleted at ~ 7500/10000. thx fucking updates

nothing on the practically unplayable area of SPACE?

If you rotate with left mouse and then hit cursor mode, it will point towards where your camera was pointing at, not turning the avatar or anything.

Anyway, why all these changes? wasn't it fine as it was before? now the menus are not working properly on some of your mechanics... I thought all of this was tested and tried and thought out but it seems it wasn't... Since all these changes are happening to a "well thought" change.

Bit of a rant because it gets tiresome to have to adapt to EVERY single players individual needs. That's what breaks content. You can't please everyone... But at least be consistent.

Good point and now bind your Veh exit to a key like I did when we first got vehicles and stop gripping ;), Just messing with ya, kidding :). I agree it was fine and daily updates will soon bite us in the butt as we all know. How about the next update in a month when the suggestions are down to minimum because 98% of use are good to go.

2 Bugs

1. Moving backwards after the first shot, on autouse, stops the autouse.
2. Sometimes pressing interact after the mob dies does not initialize an action, to avoid this I should wait an extra second maybe and I think to fix this, the timeout of the loot pill has to increase more?

Right click no longer auto fires.... please stop making the controls worse.... this was a good step, why undo this.

still no health bars, which are causing hastle for tracking players, trading and healing.

Bug with trading now when the avatar is still loading in the client, now have to wait for people to load to trade, since vu16. Even if they see you.... which is bad for busy area...

No hold right click on ground for the "everything" menu any more too...

I thought the vu16 update was one control change followed by stuff being reintroduced to the system or being tweeked for the better, not controls being changed every few weeks... these updates are affecting the community badly at this point, I see old people taking long breaks and new people giving up in confusion. Pick a damn scheme and stick to it.

The community which if listened to in the first place wants better game play and a better economy model of items and their uses in games.

So far the only actual element to game play which has been improved is the auto targeting and firing, and that was removed from the most useful button for the job other than left clicking.....

Dont remove something else to do it.... gah please -.-

Last edited:
Actually on I'm done till next update.... FIX IT... I'm out

The 'trick' of moving your camera after targeting something and before shooting to avoid the roller-coaster ride doesn't seem to work any more, making the game almost unbearable.

Having to use the use tool button to stop the auto-use feature is just bizarre and makes no sense to me.

The evade / dodge etc messages are appearing in the bottom right of the screen, under the radar and progress windows that a good portion of players have down there.

"Thank you" for repairing part of the bugs that you introduced with version 16.0 ;)

glad to see fixes, but also glad I'm not really playing
Don't want to spend time learning a new control system and then they change it every week until it's more stable.
I'll wait awhile until it stabilizes more.

MA did you break right mousebutton? :scratch2:

MA did you break right mousebutton? :scratch2:

I'd rather say they fixed it, but it's all subjective:

Changes

• In Cursor mode, interaction with objects will be on Left Mouse button and Context menu on Right Mouse button. Right mouse button on target will no longer do prefered action, use action “Interact” for this matter.

glad to see fixes, but also glad I'm not really playing
Don't want to spend time learning a new control system and then they change it every week until it's more stable.
I'll wait awhile until it stabilizes more.

It is frustrating the controls constantly changing, im trying to stick threw the process to offer input as things change.

Currently finding it very hard because even though a few features have been added and bugs have been improved, a lot of the interactions feel over simple or over complicated.

I brought a new scope recently and deposited last night to hunt today with this new scope. I felt hunting had become very compfy. Now MindArk has removed the right click to auto target/fire, it has just put me off of hunting.

I dont want to press F over and over, I like to pick my target, see what I have selected, like any MMO RPG.

Even finding people is harder now.

I'd rather say they fixed it, but it's all subjective:

what a genious idea again, to make the same things work using different buttons, just because i'm in some other viewstate? :scratch2:

problem isn't the controls, but their fucked up autolock viewstate, which they ofc didn't fix - is that so hard to understand?

why can't i simply hunt like in the past, with camera in 3rd person behind me, holding its height/angle but also turning when my avatar turns? otherwise i strangely don't see my next target, in case you thought about that ffs!

All of this for an hypothetical VR market....

Back