Entropia Universe 16.2.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes

• Vehicles in space now indicates targets in range on the crosshair.
  • Added an option under Options->Gameplay to disable the crosshair dot when in relaxed mode.
  • Restored the Auto Use Tool action to the Action Library. The Auto Use Tool animation is not triggered in inapplicable situations.
  • Terminals now only play interaction animations and sounds when interacted with, and are only presented to the avatar who triggers the animation.
  • Polished the appearance of the interaction interface while in cursor mode.
  • Spacedust no longer has velocity or direction.
  • Added an option under Options->Gameplay for “Left Mouse Buttons Interacts”. Right Mouse Button interaction is the default setting.
  • Strafing while moving to a target no longer aborts interaction.
  • It is now possible to rename a contact from the avatar name link.
  • The Convert Shrapnel and Compact Inventory confirmation dialogs now have an option to “Don’t show again”.
  • Increased the Distance Sensitivity maximum.
  • Standardized many item names and naming conventions. To increase readability, most instances of roman numerals have been replaced by arabic numbers.
  • Added an option under Options->Camera to “Unlock Freelook” to cause the camera to ignore locked targets and interactions. The avatar will move in avatars direction.
  • Lock Target is now cancelled when using the left and right mouse buttons to move.
  • Containers now display their current and maximum item count and weight in their tooltip.
  • Target marker indicators for next lockable targets that are outside the current camera view will now be displayed at the side of the screen.
  • Added a News/Information window displayed after logging in, which will feature important news, event information, etc.
  • Slightly increased the maximum zoom distance.
  • Guest lists are now sorted alphabetically.

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed several crash cases.
  • Outlines should now conform to the models of targets when underwater.
  • Fixed an issue causing the avatar to spin around unexpectedly when switching to vehicle gun turret seats.
  • Fixed an issue affecting the Interact action when piloting a controlled creature.
  • It is now possible to interact with and board Privateer ships in space.
  • Corrected item type names for several refiners.
  • Global animation effects (swirlies) have been restored to former glory, provided that those effects are not disabled under the Options menu.
  • Fixed an issue causing items to sometimes become untradeable when using the Virtual Tycoon mobile app.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the extraction of fuel from motherships while in Cursor mode.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Interact action interface to sometimes result in getting stuck in Aim mode.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Interact action to perform secondary action if the equipped tool is on cooldown and the Queue Use Tool action when reloading is not set.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

• Fixed an issue causing items to sometimes become untradeable when using the Virtual Tycoon mobile app.

Only in virtual tycoon app? Problem was also ingame, with no link to the app.

... I will be back ...

Very good list of fixes, long time since i saw a well documented patch note.

Hats off

QPoMyIX.png

Is any 1 also having problems with looking up, down, right or left?

Tried adjusting things in options but it doesn't help

all this camera change to return almost to the same starting configuration, nice loss of time. :laugh:

Nice can't wait to try!

Seems holding both mouse buttons let you change the view to look around, also the ALT button, but if you do another action, the ALTbutton doesn't work anymore till you press it again.

A hotfix for the server crash is on its way. No downtime required.

Thank you for your patience!

A hotfix for the server crash is on its way. No downtime required.

Thank you for your patience!

I haven't checked out much yet, but you guys are doing a great job lately fixing bugs, adjusting and adding options. :thumbup:

Changes

• Added a News/Information window displayed after logging in, which will feature important news, event information, etc.

I'm telling you, it is starting to become a real game ! Welcome to the 2010's !

Ugggggghhhhh come on man you constantly working on this pissed off project. Camera was fine now today it's so annoying how do i reset to yesterday?

Every time i move the view it stops attacking. Stop working on the camera adding more selections and junk just to get to the old style we never wanted to go away. Also work on bugs, content, and real game play like Loot 3.0 and professions, space etc.

Right now it's unbearable to hunt again.

Im standing there attacking and i like to swing the camera around as I hunt but it stops the auto use of the F key? So i have to keep smashing F on the same mob as i move camera? why does it disengage it?

Edit- Back to not hunting again.... Lets see if harvesting is better.... Bravo MA.... Bravo...

Last edited:
Wow huge space update!

Reactions: Geo
Pretty fucking solid, lads. Addresses all of the minor grievances I had. :beerchug:

Not sure if it's a setting or a change but is there a way to avoid autouse tool keep weapon fire once mob is dead and waste ammo?

Not sure if it's a setting or a change but is there a way to avoid autouse tool keep weapon fire once mob is dead and waste ammo?

Yes, use the F key instead.

LMouse broken again in Batsim, i am firing with "1" on keyboard tahts awfully annoying. And Esc wont work in Batsim just to see the new keymapping(

Tried this? Or is it easier to just whine and bitch about it before reading the release notes?

I can read doesn't fix anything bright eyes......:eyecrazy:

Wasted time and resources by the Devs on a system that never needed fixing in the first place. Then VU after VU of more wasted resources that should be dedicated to everything else long overdue.

Take your brown nose somewhere please.... This game isn't moving in a positive direction with these VU's.

Just not gonna hunt save my PED for a withdraw. Harvesting seems less annoying but still camera resets when pressing Alt to move half the time.

There was a time where you used to be able to log in and not have your gameplay severely messed up and enjoy the game. That time is long gone. It's a shame cause it's something I like about Entropia. VU's didn't break gameplay. Now they do.

Last edited:
Yes, use the F key instead.

Yes but I mean... in past wasn't waste of ammo disabled, or am I wrong?

I can use interact (F key) as change item or use again Autouse Tool to stop it, the question was "is there a way to set automatic deactivation of ammo waste?"

PS: I am hunting in a pvp area, maybe that is the reason?

Last edited:
I can read doesn't fix anything bright eyes......:eyecrazy:

Wasted time and resources by the Devs on a system that never needed fixing in the first place. Then VU after VU of more wasted resources that should be dedicated to everything else long overdue.

Take your brown nose somewhere please.... This game isn't moving in a positive direction with these VU's.

Just not gonna hunt save my PED for a withdraw. Harvesting seems less annoying but still camera resets when pressing Alt to move half the time.

There was a time where you used to be able to log in and not have your gameplay severely messed up and enjoy the game. That time is long gone. It's a shame cause it's something I like about Entropia. VU's didn't break gameplay. Now they do.

I think you should read back the past developer's notes, and actually READ them, not just go over them, and TRY the settings they made. Because if you whine about the fact that you want to go back to the old system, then simply you haven't even read the patch notes & tried it, because since previous update, with changing a few settings, my whole game, including camera etc is EXACTLY the same as it used to be, but with some nice extra's, except for the thing they fixed now with the unlock freelock.

With this new function, I can now say, my gameplay is 100% exactly the same as it was before.
So if you still claim that your gameplay has changed so much, then simply you didn't read & try the settings yet.

Entropia Universe Did Not Shut Down Normally

Clien crashes after during loading screen

21a1b27ecf.png

I think you should read back the past developer's notes, and actually READ them, not just go over them, and TRY the settings they made. Because if you whine about the fact that you want to go back to the old system, then simply you haven't even read the patch notes & tried it, because since previous update, with changing a few settings, my whole game, including camera etc is EXACTLY the same as it used to be, but with some nice extra's, except for the thing they fixed now with the unlock freelock.

With this new function, I can now say, my gameplay is 100% exactly the same as it was before.
So if you still claim that your gameplay has changed so much, then simply you didn't read & try the settings yet.

I would suggest that we stop adding more buttons and changes that irritates the extremely small dwindling player base we have. Just a suggestion. These changes don't bring in more players and it certainly is not helping keeping the ones we have. So that makes them _________ You can fill in the blank.

Are YOU FIXING the CHAT boot PROBLEM because it's NOW KICKING me out of CHANNELS i had NO FKNG PROBLEM WITH before FFS THATS going to BE ANNOying maN. jUSt WHEn I Was tHINking MA WAS doING goOd EVERYthing faLLS TO Pieces....

my poor socmate was doing the dreaded reinvites ... that takes a FKNG half a day to do every update. is now kicked out also. this is one of those spaghettis codes i warned about. you should just pull the entire chat code and let us figure it out.

discord FTW

Last edited:
I would suggest that we stop adding more buttons and changes that irritates the extremely small dwindling player base we have. Just a suggestion. These changes don't bring in more players and it certainly is not helping keeping the ones we have. So that makes them? You can fill in the blank.

:wise: Real facts from an industry expert with inside analytics from MindArk and in no way just opinionated drivel from a disgruntled player.

Are YOU FIXING the CHAT boot PROBLEM because it's NOW KICKING me out of CHANNELS i had NO FKNG PROBLEM WITH before FFS THATS going to BE ANNOying maN. jUSt WHEn I Was tHINking MA WAS doING goOd EVERYthing faLLS TO Pieces....

Breezerscript is so 2003...

No need to make such weird caps in your text, because if everyone would do that
THATS going to BE ANNOying maN
and then
EVERYthing faLLS TO Pieces....

Back