Entropia Universe 16.2.0 Release Notes

I just thought I'd mention this...

Yesterday I packed up all my gear and thought I would head to F.O.M.A.

I flew off in my quad, it does lag when I head into space, the burners on my quad seem to burst or jump and it bounces around. Anyway, I made it to the reaches of space, only to be told that my space thruster was dead...

I realise it was entirely my fault for overlooking this and had probably been told numerous times it was low and needed replacing.. But I am your typical Entropian, with lots to do, and ignored it.

Having been in this situation before ( you'd think I would learn ) I left the vehicle, as I know it is the quickest way to get back down again. Thanks gravity.

I revived, ran to the A/H, bought thruster, removed old one, attatched new one, checked fuel and cargo bay again,spawned vehicle...

At this point I should say I have been testing out the entering and exiting a vehicle feature that was altered recently. Right clicking to enter a vehicle, sometimes causes you to pick up the vehicle instead of entering it. I find this has been set to happen, the majority of the time, if you are being attacked.

I have also found that pressing F to enter a vehicle works, quite well.. But if you are spamming it then you enter and exit a vehicle 10 times, becoming dizzy by the dramatic camera movements.

Anyway back to the story. So. I had used right click to enter a vehicle, right before I left for my excursion into space ( with the broken thrusters ) and thought hey I will use it again. So I spawned the quad, pressed right click... Aaaaaand. Picked the quad up again.

So I now have to wait for the spawn timer to run out before I can put the quad down again, and actually do what I set out to do 10 minutes ago.

It is the filling in a form online analogy.. Ever spend 30-40 minutes filling in, or writing out a nice long post or letter online. Only to hit send, or enter, and then you get the notice that the server has timed out and you need to refresh the page..? And it doesn't save what you typed? So you have to do the whole bloody thing again... Needless soul destroying time wasting B/S. It happened when I tried to add this post, but I have learned my lesson and save the stuff first now. An adaption to a problem that doesn't need to exist.

Summary : TLDR

So spawn quad, fly to space limit, thruster has run out. Go back down again. Buy thruster respawn quad. Press right click to enter vehicle, pick up vehicle, have to wait for spawn timer to run down. Consider logging as just going to space has now taken too long.

I realise that this seems like such a small problem you are all wondering.. WTF is this guy talking about. But I just wanted to give you the kind of ridiculous enjoyment jamming things that happen everyday in Entropia. I moaned about the convert shrapnel button.

Only because EVERY OTHER action had a damn warning window EXCEPT that one.. Even lifts that only go to one place ask you.. " where do you want to go " ? Der, let me think.. " THE ONLY OTHER FLOOR YOU ACTUALLY GO TO WHEN I'AM STANDING ON THIS ONE.

I am thankful for that little fix, no one else seems to like.. I like converting small amounts of shrap. When you mistakenly convert 300 PED of ammo, then realise you are going to have to spend another 30 minutes hunting to get it back.. Just in case you can sell it to tt if you want to buy anything on A/H.. But you are getting crap returns and want to finish hunting there and then.
This could've been fixed by not having the " split " and " convert shrap " commands right next to each other, but hey..

As I stand there waiting for the spawn timer to run out I am really thinking about logging out as this game is such a pain, sometimes now. Just going into space I get all this useless time wasting stuff. And it seemed like using as many words as possible to describe such a small event, mirrored how it feels when all this stuff happens and you are left waiting around, or being asked questions. When there really doesn't seem to be a need for it.

Last edited:
lol, so many valuable developer hours wasted to revert VU16 functions mostly back to VU15 functionality...
when will MA learn they cant force us few paying customers to like their product, but instead have to shape their product to meet our customer's preferences?

#1 heretic tip:
ASK us customers beforehand, which functions we would like to see and then DO THAT!

#2 heretic tip:
MORE BUGFIXES!
thank you MA for fixing half of the newly implemented bugs and one or two old bugs. thats by far the best you did in the past months...

#3 heretic tip:
MA, you have chosen the right path once your net balance of bugs is decreasing per VU!

Last edited:
Ugggggghhhhh come on man you constantly working on this pissed off project. Camera was fine now today it's so annoying how do i reset to yesterday?

Every time i move the view it stops attacking. Stop working on the camera adding more selections and junk just to get to the old style we never wanted to go away. Also work on bugs, content, and real game play like Loot 3.0 and professions, space etc.

Right now it's unbearable to hunt again.

Im standing there attacking and i like to swing the camera around as I hunt but it stops the auto use of the F key? So i have to keep smashing F on the same mob as i move camera? why does it disengage it?

Edit- Back to not hunting again.... Lets see if harvesting is better.... Bravo MA.... Bravo...

First time player I guess it always stopped attacking.

One good thing the cross hairs are no longer pointing at my butt I guess its not as cute as it was lol. I would like to be able to watch from above like I was before that little patch MA gave us just after the big release. I do like being higher than the target but that is not a game stopper and overall it still going pretty good, for me anyway.

First time player I guess it always stopped attacking.

It didn't. Moving camera a bit after starting an attack was the primary remedy for the camera shaking after the camera update. It positively didn't affect auto-use.

Ok so if i am running forward and have the camera pointed at my face. Yesterday when I hit Alt it would flip directions instantly. Today it just restabilizes the camera and i keep running forward which is what I don't want. I wear out my alt key while hunting and it is faded just like my W,A,S,D keys. I don't want the camera to restabilize after I hit alt since i hit it 20 + times a min.

Yes i have Unlock Free Lock checked...... Which fixed one problem of being able to backpeddle and look with a side view.

However still also have the issues of stopping attacking when moving the camera around and have to keep hitting F to attack again.

So 2 issues I can't resolve. Don't get why it keeps stopping attacking when im standing still in front of the mob just looking with camera.

Last edited:
I just thought I'd mention this...

Yesterday I packed up all my gear and thought I would head to F.O.M.A.

I flew off in my quad, it does lag when I head into space, the burners on my quad seem to burst or jump and it bounces around. Anyway, I made it to the reaches of space, only to be told that my space thruster was dead...

I realise it was entirely my fault for overlooking this and had probably been told numerous times it was low and needed replacing.. But I am your typical Entropian, with lots to do, and ignored it.

Having been in this situation before ( you'd think I would learn ) I left the vehicle, as I know it is the quickest way to get back down again. Thanks gravity.

I revived, ran to the A/H, bought thruster, removed old one, attatched new one, checked fuel and cargo bay again,spawned vehicle...

At this point I should say I have been testing out the entering and exiting a vehicle feature that was altered recently. Right clicking to enter a vehicle, sometimes causes you to pick up the vehicle instead of entering it. I find this has been set to happen, the majority of the time, if you are being attacked.

I have also found that pressing F to enter a vehicle works, quite well.. But if you are spamming it then you enter and exit a vehicle 10 times, becoming dizzy by the dramatic camera movements.

Anyway back to the story. So. I had used right click to enter a vehicle, right before I left for my excursion into space ( with the broken thrusters ) and thought hey I will use it again. So I spawned the quad, pressed right click... Aaaaaand. Picked the quad up again.

So I now have to wait for the spawn timer to run out before I can put the quad down again, and actually do what I set out to do 10 minutes ago.

It is the filling in a form online analogy.. Ever spend 30-40 minutes filling in, or writing out a nice long post or letter online. Only to hit send, or enter, and then you get the notice that the server has timed out and you need to refresh the page..? And it doesn't save what you typed? So you have to do the whole bloody thing again... Needless soul destroying time wasting B/S. It happened when I tried to add this post, but I have learned my lesson and save the stuff first now. An adaption to a problem that doesn't need to exist.

Summary : TLDR

So spawn quad, fly to space limit, thruster has run out. Go back down again. Buy thruster respawn quad. Press right click to enter vehicle, pick up vehicle, have to wait for spawn timer to run down. Consider logging as just going to space has now taken too long.

I realise that this seems like such a small problem you are all wondering.. WTF is this guy talking about. But I just wanted to give you the kind of ridiculous enjoyment jamming things that happen everyday in Entropia. I moaned about the convert shrapnel button.

Only because EVERY OTHER action had a damn warning window EXCEPT that one.. Even lifts that only go to one place ask you.. " where do you want to go " ? Der, let me think.. " THE ONLY OTHER FLOOR YOU ACTUALLY GO TO WHEN I'AM STANDING ON THIS ONE.

I am thankful for that little fix, no one else seems to like.. I like converting small amounts of shrap. When you mistakenly convert 300 PED of ammo, then realise you are going to have to spend another 30 minutes hunting to get it back.. Just in case you can sell it to tt if you want to buy anything on A/H.. But you are getting crap returns and want to finish hunting there and then.
This could've been fixed by not having the " split " and " convert shrap " commands right next to each other, but hey..

As I stand there waiting for the spawn timer to run out I am really thinking about logging out as this game is such a pain, sometimes now. Just going into space I get all this useless time wasting stuff. And it seemed like using as many words as possible to describe such a small event, mirrored how it feels when all this stuff happens and you are left waiting around, or being asked questions. When there really doesn't seem to be a need for it.

nicely stated. hope ma hears this. i got the exact same complaints. and lots more. like there used to be the occasional lost mouse clicks now i click like 6 -8 times sometimes at tps and elevators.

little nitpicky annoyances that will forever keep this game on the b circuit.

Last edited:
Really good vu you guys.
Have a great day!

Thanks for the fixes. :)

Ohhh I have my 'left button' dealio back? Great fixes!

I love it..I love it, Thank you!

:beerchug:

One good thing the cross hairs are no longer pointing at my butt I guess its not as cute as it was lol. I would like to be able to watch from above like I was before that little patch MA gave us just after the big release. I do like being higher than the target but that is not a game stopper and overall it still going pretty good, for me anyway.

It didn't. Moving camera a bit after starting an attack was the primary remedy for the camera shaking after the camera update. It positively didn't affect auto-use.

For both of these cases...
I don't see your problems..

I can perfectly see from above my avatar with my camera.
Also, it doesn't stop shooting at all when I move camera.

Read developer notes from previous updates:
use right mouse button

works perfectly.

Honestly I like these changes. Will give it a spin.

PS: The news panel you get after login is WAY TOO BIG !!!!!

Last edited:
[*]Standardized many item names and naming conventions. To increase readability, most instances of roman numerals have been replaced by arabic numbers.

MA do you remember Project Entropia ?
It was a so "smart" game.

You try so hard lately to create the dumbiest game out of it..

Do you really think there is so much illeterate Rich people in this world ? :dunce:

Are YOU FIXING the CHAT boot PROBLEM because it's NOW KICKING me out of CHANNELS i had NO FKNG PROBLEM WITH before FFS THATS going to BE ANNOying maN. jUSt WHEn I Was tHINking MA WAS doING goOd EVERYthing faLLS TO Pieces....

my poor socmate was doing the dreaded reinvites ... that takes a FKNG half a day to do every update. is now kicked out also. this is one of those spaghettis codes i warned about. you should just pull the entire chat code and let us figure it out.

discord FTW

am i allowed to quote myself? i laugh at my own jokes so i think this is ok too. hehehe..

now, that chat system is foooked. please tell us it's because you are fixing it. or that you realise now just how broken it is and you gonna replace the entire shebang? it's now at 17;15 completely frozen. i thought at first it was some kind of censoring because some text got through and some didnt.

the discord idea might be bad. it would have to be an inserted kind of thing. and gees if that doesnt frighten me into silence....ok i'll just shut up now. gl out there.

ps raMpsY can be nice?

pSs I Really Love the Naming Changes! and the news panel. and that the client loader doesn't load facebook(how to get other planet partners to get rid of that i dunno). and RaMPsy too!

Last edited:
On a personal views I have not noticed to much of a change right away in playing to my style (my new style since vu16, 3rd person aim mode, pre vu16 3rd person curser mode, can't stand curser mode current, and never used aim mode before vu16)

First thing I noticed right away, we are back to hold right clicking... I thought that concept got scrapped, it was rubbish, why bring it back? Just to annoy everyone with making people wait? Have you even ever tried hold right clicking a moving target? STOP IT! STOP! Over an over again, left click (interact/use tool), right click everything else in a menu in curser mode, how is this such a hard concept. Aim mode is fine... currently.

Removing auto use tool from clicking when it comes to hunting was a big deal to a number of hunters in curser mode, many hunters do not like it.

Back to the health bar thing.... why you lot still messing with crap people do not want over things people do want.

HEALTH BARS!

OK, now some of bad stuff is out of the way, some of the good stuff, the camera snapping option is good, extra option are good, more options, more functionality.

Bringing back the auto use tool was a step in the right direction, it is what people are demanding, and once again, more options, more ways for people to interact at their choosing with what they are doing. MORE OF THIS PLEASE.

Will likely come back with more, I have not check to see if waypoint are working correctly yet and trading a non loaded player is still not possible yet... I'm sure there are many more but can't think off the top of my head

VU16 not fixing old things~ only brining new bugs~ only new~ now they spend their time fixing new buuuuuuggz~

I love you MA like an annoying siblings that just need some guidance before they get into some shiz....and gets into shiz anways...

Changes
  • Strafing while moving to a target no longer aborts interaction.

Is this only for 3rd person view and "non-aim" 1st person view?
While in 1st person AIM mode, while i manually keep the mouse pointer on the mob, strafing still aborts the interaction (auto-use/interact). I remember strafing used to work in this mode too previously.
Or did i miss something?

When people keep asking "was there an update? any changes?", it's probably not big enough :).
I think it also should blink in red and demand to solve a captcha.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvsRZDanzEd/

I logged onto pc today.. read the vu notes, thought ok seems like progress, even if I can't see why they think some things needed change at all.. but hey everyone wants different stuff, so lets give it a whirl.

Then I spotted they made guest list alpha.. big smile on my face :) for many this has little or no meaning, but as the owner of a busy ship, I could have kissed the person that finally did the obvious.

Then I logged in.. the day went downhill fast.. and after 7 hours of BS I am logged out, may be back later to do flights. Pls watch KISS webchat as will message there if I can't face any more BS.

They still didn't fix memberlists of private chats.. no great surprise even if disappointing, so I got a few messages out of the way and settled down as chat admin to re-invite approximately half the members of our soc group. Well that went well...NOT !!
Part way through second part of our soc group all of a sudden I seemed to lose admin rights for the channel. No longer able to use /listmembers, no longer able to invite. Ok relog, the fix that fixes everything. But it didn't.
So is it just my shared soc chat or all chats I moderate ? Nope just soc, the ones for Kronan work fine. SO started to work on those invites.
Took a break for lunch came back and wow nbk shared chat works again. I can invite folk..yay so now they can chat, well some of them and certainly not me as seems a few of us are now able to view the channel, but are told we don't have access when we want to write to it.
Really MA this is taking Dynamic too far.

After almost 7 hours of fixing the chat invites (more than double normal time lost) and trying to fly the MS only to find the fixes are not all they are cracked up to be, I have lost the will to deal with this crap. So my ped stay on my card (they sure as hell better) and I am taking my headache to a quiet room and a good book.
Screw you MA … I used to enjoy this game

p.s haven't even dared to try hunting as don't want to risk any changes there making me even angrier

ps raMpsY can be nice?

pSs I Really Love the Naming Changes! and the news panel. and that the client loader doesn't load facebook. and RaMPsy too!

ehehe, I'm a very nice person :p I hope you understand my post was more meant as a joke :)

/me sorry if it sounded otherwise.

Big list of improvements and fixed, great job!
Picked some personal favorites but by far the removal of roman numerics will be helpful e.g. when looking for enhancers / components in auction.
Changes
  • Restored the Auto Use Tool action to the Action Library. The Auto Use Tool animation is not triggered in inapplicable situations.
  • Added an option under Options->Gameplay for “Left Mouse Buttons Interacts”. Right Mouse Button interaction is the default setting.
  • Strafing while moving to a target no longer aborts interaction.
  • The Convert Shrapnel and Compact Inventory confirmation dialogs now have an option to “Don’t show again”.
  • Standardized many item names and naming conventions. To increase readability, most instances of roman numerals have been replaced by arabic numbers.
  • Added a News/Information window displayed after logging in, which will feature important news, event information, etc.
  • Slightly increased the maximum zoom distance.

Fixed Issues
  • Global animation effects (swirlies) have been restored to former glory, provided that those effects are not disabled under the Options menu.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Interact action to perform secondary action if the equipped tool is on cooldown and the Queue Use Tool action when reloading is not set.

Like the VU so far. Great job MA :beerchug:

Let's get healthbars back and we a more or less back in business :)

/Andy

all this camera change to return almost to the same starting configuration, nice loss of time. :laugh:

Yes and no though, because at least a lot of options are being left in for those that liked the changes. So in essence they just made the camera settings a lot more customizable. Nothing ground breaking or drastically new, but I gotta give it to them, they're constantly working to patch and fix the game little by little. I really like seeing updates like this one.

So..

When hunting you stay locked on target.. And the only way to unlock it is to run in another direction ( I think that's what I did, but I died and it cost me ). I wont be using that function anymore..

When you are shooting at a mob the avatar changes to the direction the mob runs in, but the camera doesn't auto follow it.. So you have to move the mouse to follow the action now?? Eh?

If you do look around, you stop firing anyway.. ( someone mentioned this before and I get what they mean now ).

The auto use isn't as it was. It won't auto fire unless there is a target. What is that for? And then it stutters when one comes into the " crosshairs ".. Plus as I said before any auto use seems to need locking on a target.. What if you shoot more than one mob at a time...?

The crosshairs suck. I want a circle like before. The dot makes it ridiculous to aim at something. I don't need it to turn red when I can shoot something. I know what to do, point and fire. I did it fine before.

It's a bit like Brexit this update..

* I lost out so I'm a bit ranty. but it doesn't seem very good to me. And I really tried to like the new system.

all this camera change to return almost to the same starting configuration, nice loss of time. :laugh:

My opinion too.

Would you like to keep 'slightly increasing the maximum zoom distance' with the next 5 version updates please?

mr_black_hole.jpg

Last edited:
  • The Convert Shrapnel and Compact Inventory confirmation dialogs now have an option to “Don’t show again”.

I'd like this to differentiate between inventory and storage. I want the warning on my storage. I don't want it on my inventory. The problem with accidentally clicking the button has only ever been a problem (for me, at least, and I've never heard anyone say otherwise) with storage, because it typically has far more items than our inventories do.

Its mostly a good VU i think good job we are getting it better and better :wtg:
The strafing not abort shooting i realy liked ty :yay:

MAKE PVP4 GREAT AGAIN!

how about start testing these controls so the PVP areas are not being left out?
i feel my movements are not as responsive as they should be.
personally i hate all the one click macros. i had the best time with "move to target when interacting" OFF!!!
i liked the freedom we had with PRE 16.0 patch, am i wrong for feeling this way???
who was the guy responsible for controls in those days, can we get him back on the team??? :yup:

Back