Entropia Universe 17.11.0 Release Notes

No, it's perfect as it is. Total loot would give less data for tools to parse and aggregate.
Not quite perfect quite yet.
[System]: You received [Generic Leather] x (426) Value: 12.78 PED. It gives info like this when you refine, break an enhancer or convert shrapnel.

My suggestion would be to not show any message from refined/converted stuff or differentiate them to make it possible to track properly, for example as below.
For refined stuff:
[System]: You refined [Animal Hide] x (11) Value 0.1100 PED

For converted stuff like UA.
[System]: You converted [Shrapnel] x (1) into [Universal Ammo] x (1) Value: 0.0001 PED

For broken enhancers there's already the old yellow message that shows how much TT you got back so the new system shouldn't give an extra received message from broken enhancers.

Ideally I'd want the message to display like this (would be epic even if you didn't use a tracking software).
[System]: You spent 8.53 PED to kill a Kamaldon Mature and found loot worth 7.67 PED
[System]: You received [Shrapnel] x (15703) Value: 1.57 PED
[System]: You received [Kamaldon Hide] x (2) Value: 4.80 PED
[System]: You received [Animal Thyroid Oil] x (13) Value: 1.30 PED

Yes I know it only gives loot value atm but one can always hope for upgrades in the future! :D

[System]: You received [Generic Leather] x (426) Value: 12.78 PED. It gives info like this when you refine, break an enhancer or convert shrapnel.

My suggestion would be to not show any message from refined/converted stuff or differentiate them to make it possible to track properly, for example as below.
For refined stuff:

[System]: You converted [Shrapnel] x (1) into [Universal Ammo] x (1) Value: 0.0001 PED

For broken enhancers there's already the old yellow message that shows how much TT you got back so the new system shouldn't give an extra received message from broken enhancers.

Ideally I'd want the message to display like this (would be epic even if you didn't use a tracking software).
[System]: You spent 8.53 PED to kill a Kamaldon Mature and found loot worth 7.67 PED

Yes I know it only gives loot value atm but one can always hope for upgrades in the future! :D
OK, I agree. Calling it perfect was a bit too pessimistic 😊

For refined stuff:

All of this can be done in code.

For refining hides... when you loot the refined item it can be flagged as refined action.

For converting shrapnel, if you are tracking all of the dps data then you check if dps state is actually active, if its active then it was loot, if not then its conversion. (as long as you dont convert during an active hunt, that use case harder to define, but easy to set limits..shrapnel over x amount likely conversion, confirmation to verify ect)

Total loot is easy, send into a list or a file and then parse them for the results. Very very easy to control when you make chat line commands usable from within the game.

Tracking the ultimate cost is doable with a tracker. Mine takes the core costs based on weapon database and multiplies for each shot within its damage range (after modified by enhancers, buffs ect). (so can use arson and other weapon and track both costs down to the pec) Over time armor should be more accurate, as it learns the cost of each mob hit. Data gives us verification for AI. Just needs more screenshot data to help the AI know what mobs are being hunted with a 99%+ accuracy.

Loving the addition of more data, the loot already is working for my tracker for mining and hunting. I can scrap a lot of object recognition from my code now.

Looking up loot now should be very easy to tell where things are looted and in what %.

This also will give us analytics over time on the true effects of eff and buffs on loot composition.

I would argue though for crafting that we should get a selectable summary at the end still so we can copy paste the result. (like used to be able to)

It is as effective to the crafting data we need to know as tracking each loot is, which is extreme on some items when crafting.

Thanks to MA tho, this data is great to have on hand.

if you do that you can see messages when guns etc. need repairing , please switch back to what it was , I dont want to see meesages about loot , BUT I do want to see messages when guns need replacing , and has it is you can only switch off the loot and the messages about guns needing repair , together , which leaves you with no idea if the guns need repairing ? . what stupid idea !
Yes i want to disable loot in chat but then i lose waypoints when I die or hit P

Back