Entropia Universe 17.11.0 Release Notes

Why didn't you just create a new [Loot] channel instead of using the already cluttered [System] chat?

Also, I'm getting a weird screen freeze every time I loot a mob. Good effort, but still needs some work.

Good stuff, well done !

Yes, that option, what I wanted few years.
Time to write new parser ;)

index.php

I think it would be cool to be able to have system message split. like one window with system-loot on, one window with system-other on etc. But I cant seem to add it to another tab.

index.php

This!

Have the loot messages in a separate window, and get a free line to separate different mob's loots.

re_loot = re.compile(r'You received (.*) x \((\d+)\) Value: (\d+\.\d+) PED')

Real time tracking is easy now :)

love it. Now we can track both input and output by the log. Gun is fixed cost and shown uses by dmg and so is heals as long as the two same tools is used each time. Is there any active devs that will make a proper hunting tracker? EL had this for team loot but it was left without much attention for a while. For now I’ll just make a little program catching the data to input manually after a run into my excel sheets.

I hope they can hear me:

THANKS FOR PROVIDING RELEASE NOTES NOW! THAT'S VERY KIND AND VERY USEFUL! PLEASE DON'T STOP POSTING THEM IN THE NEAR AND FAR FUTURE!

The loot appearing in the chat is very useful indeed, I'm just wondering why it was added as I thought that MindArk wanted to keep that to themselves (yes, I know about OCR; just generally speaking). I wonder what they are up to with it.

<rumour>
Maybe a minor "preparation" for UE? ;)
</rumour>

Hey! Great work team. A lovely list of fixes and additions here.

So thanks for both providing detailed release notes while fixing and adding a few things.

Cheers.

Why didn't you just create a new [Loot] channel instead of using the already cluttered [System] chat?

Also, I'm getting a weird screen freeze every time I loot a mob. Good effort, but still needs some work.
This. Next mini patch should be added a LOOT channel in system that u can toggle on / off.

This feature has been asked for many years but not all players will like it. I love it by the way.

I also suspect the UI update is right around the corner and this was preparation for it. It's likely (I hope) that MA will add a way to track your total loot earned during your session (sorted by profession), but ideally also total amount of ped spent in each profession. Adding in chat would also would be nice to see something like:
You spent XX ped to kill XX mob. That msg should come first then the loot received message. Again also with the option to toggle it off.

Here's hoping someone will develop an app to track this new loot message.

Best VU ever :D

- Update for space has actually been good only for a few people that's hunting in space/own pathfinder
- Loot in chat, nice feature, but it more help bots then general population that actually plays the game and actually follow what they looted from each mob.
- Since you worked on fixing arsonistic chips, you could have fixed the lifesteal issue, lifesteal is not working on arso chips still

Overall it's nice to see something is getting fixed at least, considering there's a lot of resources required for UE5 upgrade. I just hope you look into some of these issues in near future updates / hotfixes:

- Mining Excavator enhancers are not working
- Rocket launchers spends ammo and decays, but doesn't make damage or accounts input on the mob
- pvp is fucked up, it just takes a few minor changes to make it interesting again, be creative i guess
- old vampiric cloak textures are messed up

- Loot in chat, nice feature, but it more help bots then general population that actually plays the game and actually follow what they looted from each mob.
Not at all. I had my own tool running for a while now, so do others. Those who don't track are actually doing it wrong, or don't mind their money. It is very good to have this data available by simpler technical means now, also eases the load on their servers. Bots have been doing this already anyway and will continue to do so.

Now we only need the decay and ammo usage as well to make it complete. Of course this can still be found by aforementioned means but if server stress to produce the complete inventory as often as players choose was the reason for doing this, then the logging of only partial data will only keep them coming back.

What you can do now, however, is a detailed analysis and profiling of individual events, previously already available but only to teams. It is again only partially useful though if you cannot connect it to any information about the source, i.e. which mob etc. It is certainly great for miners who know exactly their input per drop and for whom no form of teamwork exists.

Please revert the team settings for healers to where it was....the problem in past was only when the Healer gets an Item..

Now....he gets 0 loot compensation + 0 Codex Progress :-((
The problem is larger then this, you don't get compensated for heals at all anymore...
Tried with turreting and punys.

Also tried with killing the mob. Decay 1 PED of heal on a puny, kill it (cheaply), get 2 pec back. Tried a few times. Heal decay is definitely not returned in loot anymore.

The problem is larger then this, you don't get compensated for heals at all anymore...
Tried with turreting and punys.

Ah ok..ty< for testing this too...already have opened a support case..and other ppl did too...they know it now and are fixing it ( they said)

Not sure if anyone has commented on this… but the loot log option in system chat resets on logout (turns back on when you login)

Indeed, it would be nice if it could be activated on a separate channel, without being necessarily activated in the Main channel.

Also, yes, the option resets after logout.
If you disable it, it will be enabled again at next login.

And as I think someone has already pointed out, when the option is enabled, it creates a micro-freeze at every loot action.
It's a quick freeze of 0.1 or 0.2 seconds, at the very moment the loot appears in the chat, but it's kind of disturbing.
I don't know if this is for everyone, or if it depends on the config, but at least it does for me too. (tested only whith auto-loot)

I was getting some general loot lagginess at times, but noticed no freezes as such from the loot action with auto-loot and loot log activated. Lag was in annihilation, no lag was on Cyrene.
I'd also prefer a separate file save or saves for logs, but having the info at all is nice enough for starters. I've not played with filtering stuff yet, but probably will :).

re_loot = re.compile(r'You received (.*) x \((\d+)\) Value: (\d+\.\d+) PED')

Real time tracking is easy now :)
Yes mate. But I use it as occasion to learn more complicated languages. I'll write a monadic parser with parsec ;)

New features

• Looted items are now displayed as a message in the chat in addition to the top left corner icon/text message. This feature can be turned on/off in the Chat tab settings.
who asked for this? there so many other stuff that needs to be fixed or smoothed out, why put stuff in game nobody is asking for???

who asked for this? there so many other stuff that needs to be fixed or smoothed out, why put stuff in game nobody is asking for???
I think many has been asking for this. Easy way of getting an automated log and it was prolly very easy to implement since they already showed it on screen ^^

They asked for this on unofficial discord same as for other stuff.

do they realize that i have to turn this option off every time i relog?
Its been 2 days. Tomorrow comes a hotfix, maybe it will be fixed by then.

Also i hope you did a support case about this, but since you asked what you asked.. I doubt it.

I hope you can recover from this traumatic experience.

I guess I am just dumb but how do you turn it off ?

Back