Entropia Universe 17.11.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New features

• Captains of Aniara and Vega class starships can now control the forward gun while steering the ship.
  • Vehicle occupants can now choose which turret to control via a context menu on gunner's seats.
  • Added new background music while flying ships, and while inside ships in space.
  • Looted items are now displayed as a message in the chat in addition to the top left corner icon/text message. This feature can be turned on/off in the Chat tab settings.

Changes

• Improved Camera Controls for space vehicles.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue causing the auction system to fail to provide Highest Bid and Outbid messages related to auction orders in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue causing incorrect graduation rewards from the mentoring system.
  • Fixed an issue causing Damage over Time kills to not be counted for Codex progress and mission requirements.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
nice..ty :)) ....lets goooo arso chips

Some nice additions and bug fixes, keep em coming!

What a fantastic update!
Thank you MA!

ps. A ship manager role would be great in the future for guest list and summons while owner is offline ;)

Ok, MA, I'll try these out as soon as possible. On paper, nice....
Not sure I've understood that other bit about gunners' choices. Maybe no need to jump back to the inside of the ship between gunner positions - will check it out. Hope we have the green/red occupation colours again too...

This is the most enjoyable kind of updates, small incremental changes which add a lot to QoL. Thank you :tiphat:

I'm getting reports from fappers in teams (normal settings) that they do not get any part of the loot when healing any more.

Is this an intended feature?

The healer only gets part of the loot when the healer himself has been hit by the mob, it seems.

Looted items are now displayed as a message in the chat in addition to the top left corner icon/text message. This feature can be turned on/off in the Chat tab settings.

Chat tab > System > disable Other

if you do that you can see messages when guns etc. need repairing , please switch back to what it was , I dont want to see meesages about loot , BUT I do want to see messages when guns need replacing , and has it is you can only switch off the loot and the messages about guns needing repair , together , which leaves you with no idea if the guns need repairing ? . what stupid idea !

• Looted items are now displayed as a message in the chat in addition to the top left corner icon/text message. This feature can be turned on/off in the Chat tab settings

Does this show the TT value of items, armor for example?

Does this show the TT value of items, armor for example?
I am still trying to find out by looting a piece, but from what it looks like I would say yes (because the top left messages does contain the TT value within ( ), just like shrapnel, so .. i just hope it does work that way :p )

the loot log is amazing.
we can now have applications reading the log and manage also the loot passing
and the incoming value of the loot
an insane increase in transparency for customers
it needs a standing ovation for MA
thank you very much

Please entropiawiki and little big miner guys go for it!!

New features

• Captains of Aniara and Vega class starships can now control the forward gun while steering the ship.
  • Vehicle occupants can now choose which turret to control via a context menu on gunner's seats.
  • Added new background music while flying ships, and while inside ships in space.
  • Looted items are now displayed as a message in the chat in addition to the top left corner icon/text message. This feature can be turned on/off in the Chat tab settings.

Changes

• Improved Camera Controls for space vehicles.
:yay: :yay: :yay:
Looks like this for anyone interested :)

found the FIX for the loot showing in system messages .

1. turn on the SYSTEM chat .
2. move pointer onto the SYSTEM BAR then press RIGHT mouse button
3. select SYSTEM from the menu and turn off "SHOW LOOT IN SYSTEM TEXT"

it will then no-longer show loot messages is SYSTEM text on any of the chat windows .

why they even switched it on in the first place is beyond me , who want to see the loot in chat window when it is shown top right any how ?

found the FIX for the loot showing in system messages .

1. turn on the SYSTEM chat .
2. move pointer onto the SYSTEM BAR then press RIGHT mouse button
3. select SYSTEM from the menu and turn off "SHOW LOOT IN SYSTEM TEXT"

it will then no-longer show loot messages is SYSTEM text on any of the chat windows .

why they even switched it on in the first place is beyond me , who want to see the loot in chat window when it is shown top right any how ?
Thank you! That works just like i would expect :D

if you do that you can see messages when guns etc. need repairing , please switch back to what it was , I dont want to see meesages about loot , BUT I do want to see messages when guns need replacing , and has it is you can only switch off the loot and the messages about guns needing repair , together , which leaves you with no idea if the guns need repairing ? . what stupid idea !
There is a new option "toggle loot displayed" under "combat messages", "skill messages" and "other". I haven't fully tested it yet since in the first short round of gameplay none of my equipment reached low repair status, but surely someone will report very soon if it works as intended.

Edit re. messages in between: They're shooting faster than I can type :D

Edit 2: However, this works only in the System tab's context menu and there on the System channel, the option does not appear with the System channel via any other tab, which is counterintuitive since usually it is also activated in Main. This seems like an oversight which will probably lead to workload having to deal with the feedback.

Last edited:
It seems Messages from auctions are broken:
  • I dont see messages about my purchases after this update.
  • I hear sound notifications from auction, but dont see notifications.
Or there were some new settings, and I did not set them properly.

It seems Messages from auctions are broken:
  • I dont see messages about my purchases after this update.
  • I hear sound notifications from auction, but dont see notifications.
Or there were some new settings, and I did not set them properly.
I still see my messages about auctions

"
[System]: Mayhem MF-Amplifier Beta (L) was retrieved successfully from the auctioneer and placed in your carried Inventory
[System]: Mayhem MF-Amplifier Beta (L) was retrieved successfully from the auctioneer and placed in your carried Inventory
[System]: NeoPsion 10-B Mindforce Implant (L) was retrieved successfully from the auctioneer and placed in your carried Inventory

"

Ok, MA, I'll try these out as soon as possible. On paper, nice....
Not sure I've understood that other bit about gunners' choices. Maybe no need to jump back to the inside of the ship between gunner positions - will check it out. Hope we have the green/red occupation colours again too...
Seats still don't show green/red as unoccupied/occupied, but when you click on a gunner seat (if you have gunner rights) you get a list of available seats and can pick one, regardless of which one you clicked (occupied seats are greyed out in the list)

• Fixed an issue causing Damage over Time kills to not be counted for Codex progress and mission requirements.

Originally Posted Here

Thank you for this fix. I am curious about the other content and fixes but that will have to wait until Friday :)

Reactions: Geo
index.php

I think it would be cool to be able to have system message split. like one window with system-loot on, one window with system-other on etc. But I cant seem to add it to another tab.

index.php

Please revert the team settings for healers to where it was....the problem in past was only when the Healer gets an Item..

Now....he gets 0 loot compensation + 0 Codex Progress :-((

Nice update!

Good this bug was fixed, but now can we also fix the old bug where taming mobs doesn’t count towards codex???

why taming should count to codex? codex is to slain monster, a pet is not slained.... its captured.....ALIVE

why taming should count to codex? codex is to slain monster, a pet is not slained.... its captured.....ALIVE
That’s ok then! By that rational when you “kill” the pet in the stables you should get codex progress! Either way, we spend peds on the mob and it should result in codex progress.

Also, explain how codex progress is gotten when healing or scanning? Codex is not for killing mobs, it is for any “experience” with a mob, be it killing, healing, scanning, etc. So taming should definitely result in codex progress.

Last edited:
Back