Entropia Universe 17.3.2 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixes

• General network optimizations

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Let's try to hunt and see if that's true ;)

Was there big September VU or we are still waiting for it?

Although i am grateful for the notes, the single line does look kinda lonely :D

Any news on planet partner content updates?

Any news on planet partner content updates?

Good question.

They mentioned they had hired new tech person on to help.

Welcome aboard and Thanks!

Last edited:
No patch notes:
"Where are our patch notes" "You said the communication would be better!!?"

Gets the patch notes:
"The patch notes are to short" "There should be more notes"

The people of this forum are incredibly special :D

Whoa! Hopefully as good as then notes say they are! Can't wait to test hunting out today (fingers crossed for no lagzzzz).

Game feeling 300% smoother now so far. Whatever they have done it has helped alot i think.

Previously ping was all over the place and even when it wasnt the game itself felt like it was and data coming in large bursts. its smoother now which is sweet

It's smoother, better. I hope you have learned lessons on not dismissing the player base, especially when they can pin it to specific VUs. That was 7 months of frustration for many people. I realize you get a lot of false reports, etc. - but there was more than just a few whiny people on this issue.

Please let us know how much better it feels and what compared to before patch. We will still continue to optimize the network so any leads in terms of when and what happens will help us in our investigation for improvements.
The game is much smoother now, lag spikes are not 100% gone, but there was a big improvement today. Thank you.

I have not experienced the lag where my gun stops shooting for a few seconds so far today. Will do a much longer hunt in a few hours.
:thumbup:

EDIT: only had one 3 second "gun-jam" today in 3 hours of hunting. MUCH improved.
:sniper:

Last edited:
The patch made things a lot worse for me. Before the patch, it was fine except the occasional 3-10 second lag spikes. Now it's just laggy/jerky all the time and still have the occasional 3-10 second lag spike, but not as frequent.

its been incredible for me all day untill approx 9:40pm ish eu time i had 2 small lags within 10secs of eachother but i cant rule out it was my own connection so overall incredible lag fix update so far.

hunted sev hours today...no problems at all (no freezing,no lag when switching from wep to fap...)...all fine here

Lag has totally disappeared for me today. Finally ! ?

7 months that we were repeating, and you said it was not something that could be "fixed".
One patch and it's fixed.

Oh and at first you were blaming the Covid...
Have you invented a vaccine today that would have indirectly fixed the Lag ? :giggle:

Anyway, nice it's fixed. (y)
Let's hope it lasts... Finger crossed.

Please let us know how much better it feels and what compared to before patch. We will still continue to optimize the network so any leads in terms of when and what happens will help us in our investigation for improvements.

Definitively improved for me! Thanks!.

Sooo much smoother. Thank you.

Hmm,

I hunted for a couple of hours yesterday and the game seemed to work better. However, everytime I use my ML35 on autofire my avatar runs towards the mob as if it was out of range. I had to manually fire every shot to stop my Avatar moving. This was especially difficult while hunting Malcruenter yesterday for my daily.

Hmm,

I hunted for a couple of hours yesterday and the game seemed to work better. However, everytime I use my ML35 on autofire my avatar runs towards the mob as if it was out of range. I had to manually fire every shot to stop my Avatar moving. This was especially difficult while hunting Malcruenter yesterday for my daily.
This is another issue.

For malcruentors it’s been like this since the camera/hunting change and that’s the reason I don’t hunt them. I’ve reported this but nothing has been done to fix this.

anyone else keeps crashing ?

Hmm,

I'm having this too, there's nothing blocking the creature and I am within range of the weapon but the avatar keeps trying to get closer instead of shooting.

Lag is much better but not completely gone :)

Hunted in CP cave for several hours yesterday and had zero lags and no crashes.

Thanks for the long awaited lag fix MA. So much better!

Last night I didn't hunt Malcs but I did hunt other mobs and the ML35 worked fine (Thanks to Hindragoz for his comments) I did not get any lag at all in 4 hours of play so well done MA, looks like you might have nailed it

Back